What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Not sure if anyone posted, because im at work sneaking on my phone lol, about any of his good punishes. Havent gotten many matches either because of my hours. Im curious if anyone found some good punishes. I tried the F12 and 112. But they seem to get destroyed often. Some Ermac was kicking my ass after inkept trying to punish.
-failure to adapt there :/

meanestrage

Co-Founder of Kick Punch Block!
Not sure if anyone posted, because im at work sneaking on my phone lol, about any of his good punishes. Havent gotten many matches either because of my hours. Im curious if anyone found some good punishes. I tried the F12 and 112. But they seem to get destroyed often. Some Ermac was kicking my ass after inkept trying to punish.
I too have been trying to punish with some of his strings, they just seem too slow for most of the cast

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
This is the downside of takeda so far. I haven't looked into Ronin yet but his fastest normal is the uppercut in his whip variations which was 7 frames if I remember. I use d3 a lot and just go for pressure. It's plus 2 I think on block and has ok startup at 10 frames

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
His 334 string in the corner puts him directly on top of his opponent. I've found that if you follow this up with his f22 string, it will cross them up, but then keep Takeda on the same side after they actually wake up. So it effectively reverses their inputs without actually putting Takeda in the corner. Right now I'm still working on the timing, and I literally can't tell when it's going to reverse and when it isn't. If it does reverse, the wakeup will whiff since Takeda is airborne and on the other side of them. It's been working on Sub's slide; haven't tested other wakeups yet.

Edit, hmm, it's actually working against EX slide but not normal slide... However, when the slide does use reversed inputs and connects, it still keeps sub in the corner, as Takeda kind of phases through him back to the outside.

Works on Reptile's EX Dash. If he doesn't get reversed, you phase through him and he runs out of the corner. If it does get reversed, he runs into the corner and you kick him in the back of the head.

Does not work on Ex Slide.

Last edited:

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
His 334 string in the corner puts him directly on top of his opponent. I've found that if you follow this up with his f22 string, it will cross them up, but then keep Takeda on the same side after they actually wake up. So it effectively reverses their inputs without actually putting Takeda in the corner. Right now I'm still working on the timing, and I literally can't tell when it's going to reverse and when it isn't. If it does reverse, the wakeup will whiff since Takeda is airborne and on the other side of them. It's been working on Sub's slide; haven't tested other wakeups yet.

Edit, hmm, it's actually working against EX slide but not normal slide... However, when the slide does use reversed inputs and connects, it still keeps sub in the corner, as Takeda kind of phases through him back to the outside.
I thought I noticed something like this Ferra torr last night. Looks like dd's wakeup reversal might be back to some degree.
Does this still work the same when you end combos in 3,3,4? Or does have to be just the 3,3,4 string?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I thought I noticed something like this Ferra torr last night. Looks like dd's wakeup reversal might be back to some degree.
Does this still work the same when you end combos in 3,3,4? Or does have to be just the 3,3,4 string?
As long as you end with 334, Takeda will land on top of them.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
After having played Takeda for 18 hours straight (11pm-5pm), I'm a little worried he's too vulnerable. He doesn't really have any great get-off-me moves or wakeups; his range doesn't make up for his slowness, as much faster characters have tools that put them on even ground when it comes to range, such as armored advancing specials and some characters' normals.

I'm hoping there are some shenanigans hiding in his kunai-delay, but as of right now I haven't really found anything other than a mediocre 35% combo, and even it doesn't rely on shenanigans as much as just hoping the opponent doesn't block low.

I'm going to keep grinding away with him, but right now I'm afraid he's not going to hold up in high-level play. He's just too slow and unsafe.
I was beginning to think the same. Looks like we'll dodge the nerf gun yet. But I've found a 38% 1 meter corner combo into a throw back into the corner. If meter burned it goes into a 50/50. Setup is as follows j2, 4 4 MB spear, there will be a pop up quickly nj2, then d2 this is where it gets crucial. After the uppercut they get launched out of the corner take a step forward then throw them back in the corner. From there you're a the perfect distance to either start a combo with b3 (low) or b21 (overhead) if you have a meter rinse and repeat I guess. This can be woken up out of if you don't spend the bar to meter burn the throw back into the corner. Not the best set up or anything I'm hoping one of you guys can help me optimize it. But hey. 38% ain't too bad. Lol!

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I was beginning to think the same. Looks like we'll dodge the nerf gun yet. But I've found a 38% 1 meter corner combo into a throw back into the corner. If meter burned it goes into a 50/50. Setup is as follows j2, 4 4 MB spear, there will be a pop up quickly nj2, then d2 this is where it gets crucial. After the uppercut they get launched out of the corner take a step forward then throw them back in the corner. From there you're a the perfect distance to either start a combo with b3 (low) or b21 (overhead) if you have a meter rinse and repeat I guess. This can be woken up out of if you don't spend the bar to meter burn the throw back into the corner. Not the best set up or anything I'm hoping one of you guys can help me optimize it. But hey. 38% ain't too bad. Lol!
Try this out and if nothing else play around with the meter burn grab some and see if that helps. Maybe his strength is in his natural 50/50 game from range. I haven't been in the practice room too much. Mostly trying to execute some of the things you guys are posting. Loving this dude though.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
112 is going to be the fastest punisher as it is 10f, but keep in mind coming out of block adds some frames(can't remember if it is one or two). SO if something is -10 you still can't punish it. My advice would be to just d2 if you are playing a spacing/footsie game, or just down poke into pressure if you are playing an up close game.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
112 is going to be the fastest punisher as it is 10f, but keep in mind coming out of block adds some frames(can't remember if it is one or two). SO if something is -10 you still can't punish it. My advice would be to just d2 if you are playing a spacing/footsie game, or just down poke into pressure if you are playing an up close game.
What about f1, 2+4 teleport nj2, ji4, air spear? 29% or something like that but isn't f1,2+4 9 frames?
Of course I get that it's -22 on block though.. but as a punisher it's kind of his fastest one..

@GuerillaTactix by the way I'm Crimson PANTHER lol
@CrimsonShadow the struggle.

Anyway it's jip, 44, ex grapple, teleport, njp, ji4, ex air grapple, 33, grapple.

Stopping it at a normal air grapple is 7 or 8 percent less damage and puts them in range for a B2/B3 follow up.

Keep in mind this is a FULL COMBO punish. You don't want to use 44 as a footsie tool really. And this combo can be done with any grounded starter this is just the most damaging one.

Hope it helps.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
This is the downside of takeda so far. I haven't looked into Ronin yet but his fastest normal is the uppercut in his whip variations which was 7 frames if I remember. I use d3 a lot and just go for pressure. It's plus 2 I think on block and has ok startup at 10 frames
what are you using to pressure after d3? 112 wiffs ducking opponents so I've been using f3 (double kicks) to get back to neutral since it's 0 on block.. i think thats interruptible though. His upclose game is a headache..

Zoidberg747

What his armored moves? That fury punish is on ex but does he have anything else? Tornado kick maybe?
Shirai Ryu is just Fist Flurry last time I checked, although EX spear might be too...

Lasher has whip flurry, whip trip, and the Anti Air whip that are all armored

Ronin has Fist Flurry and the DP.

I dont think I tested Tornado kick though. Will do that when I get back on.

Edit: All of the above only have armor if EX'd, forgot to mention

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sorry to have to inform everyone of this -- but according to my testing, MB teleport is probably -11 or -12 on block at the least. This is a heartbreaker, as it means it can't be safely used in his pressure/mixup game.

At the very least the opponent gets an easy uppercut, but I'm punishing it now with Reptile's standing 2 (which is not one of the fastest in the game) for full combo.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I was beginning to think the same. Looks like we'll dodge the nerf gun yet.
Can never tell. Remember day -3 or whatever when everyone and their mom was crying that he was OP and needed a nerf? Yea, times that by a million noobs getting their hands on the game just yesterday. Not saying hes on the block, but im saying the stuff this site figures out has no corollation with a character getting or not getting, an early nerf.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
@GuerillaTactix by the way I'm Crimson PANTHER lol
@CrimsonShadow the struggle.

Anyway it's jip, 44, ex grapple, teleport, njp, ji4, ex air grapple, 33, grapple.

Stopping it at a normal air grapple is 7 or 8 percent less damage and puts them in range for a B2/B3 follow up.

Keep in mind this is a FULL COMBO punish. You don't want to use 44 as a footsie tool really. And this combo can be done with any grounded starter this is just the most damaging one.

Hope it helps.
Sorry about that. My phone suggested it when I was tagging you.. :oops:

That combo looks solid. the njp after the tele has been giving me trouble but I'm gunna have to work on that seeing as almost all his good combos come off the njp into ji4 AG.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Shirai Ryu is just Fist Flurry last time I checked, although EX spear might be too...

Lasher has whip flurry, whip trip, and the Anti Air whip that are all armored

Ronin has Fist Flurry and the DP.

I dont think I tested Tornado kick though. Will do that when I get back on.

Edit: All of the above only have armor if EX'd, forgot to mention
Fist flurry is armored on wakeup? Shit....that helps alot. I started playing Lasher last night because I couldn't handle not waking up. I'm gonna test how good it is when I get home. Would love to keep playing Ryu variation

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
What his armored moves? That fury punish is on ex but does he have anything else? Tornado kick maybe?
I'm curious as to how you guys are using Tornado kick because really get now it feels like its really easy to get hit out of.. It's also hard to use the right one when the opponent is moving around etc.. Just not reliable for something as risky as armoring through something.

Zoidberg747

Alright, did some more testing and here is what I found for punishing and wakeups:

Wakeups:
For Shirai Ryu EX Tele, Fist Flurry, and Tornado Kick all have armor and can be used for wakeups.
For Lasher EX Whip flurry, whip strike, whip trip, and tornado kick have armor and can be used for wakeups
For Ronin EX fist flurry, Shirai Kan, and Tornado kick can be used as wakeups.

Punishers:
F2 and F1 are both 11f punishers with the most range. Personally I've found better combos off of F2 in all variations, so I would go with that personally.

Edit: Teleport seems to only have armor on wakeup, all others have armor when used standing as well.

Last edited: