What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Alright, did some more testing and here is what I found for punishing and wakeups:

Wakeups:
For Shirai Ryu EX Tele, Fist Flurry, and Tornado Kick all have armor and can be used for wakeups.
For Lasher EX Whip flurry, whip strike, whip trip, and tornado kick have armor and can be used for wakeups
For Ronin EX fist flurry, Shirai Kan, and Tornado kick can be used as wakeups.

Punishers:
F2 and F1 are both 11f punishers with the most range. Personally I've found better combos off of F2 in all variations, so I would go with that personally.

Edit: Teleport seems to only have armor on wakeup, all others have armor when used standing as well.
You sure about teleport? I get hit out of it constantly.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Guys:

2 situations with big frame advantage:

Landing regular teleport on a standing opponent gives you enough advantage to do whatever you want. So say you do 112 hitconfirmed to tele; then you get either a free b2 or b1 they have to block.

Yes 15% into standing reset is not a ton of meterless damage, but if you don't have a bar to spend to get a big combo off 11 (or you want to save the bar anyway), this is an option. Sometimes for example, jump in 1, 112 catches people once you've conditioned them with jump in 1, throw.

Now, we don't really have two safe hit-confirmable options for a true 50/50 afterwards. We can do back12~close kunai, but it's armor-interruptable. b3 leads to some nice combo damage, but it's not hit-confirmable without spending a bar for MB kunai.

This also means that if you're able to get in a tele from dstance on reaction to something slow (like somebody's zoning), they'll have to hold either the high or low followup.

It also gives you another meterless option to use off standing 33 (there's 334, which ends in an overhead splat. 33~Close Kunai, which can be armored through but ends in a low with frame advantage; and now 33~tele on a hitconfirm, which gives too much frame advantage for them to block and let's you mix them up again).

Also,

Throw as a combo ender (off a juggle) leaves you with an untechable knockdown with big frame advantage in perfect b2 range. You have 30-ish frames advantage, even more than spear/fist flurry, so they'll for sure have to block (or spend a bar to use an armored wakeup, assuming they have the bar).

This is also good news against people who don't have long-ranged wakeups; because if you do b12, the first hit would take the armor and then the second hit should connect.

For example, it's big against characters like, Kotal Kahn, who has a beastly wake-up overhead Sword in War God that keeps you from getting anywhere near him on wakeup (although with Kotal specifically, you'll have to back up a little before the b2 to move yourself out of range).

This is early stuff, but maybe other Takeda players can find a way to make this useful.

Last edited:

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Guys:

Landing regular teleport on a standing opponent gives you enough advantage to do whatever you want. So say you do 112 hitconfirmed to tele; then you get either a free b2 or b1 they have to block.

Yes 15% into standing reset is not a ton of meterless damage, but if you don't have a bar to spend to get a big combo off 11 (or you want to save the bar anyway), this is an option. Sometimes for example, jump in 1, 112 catches people once you've conditioned them with jump in 1, throw.

Now, we don't really have two safe hit-confirmable options for a true 50/50 afterwards. We can do back12~close kunai, but it's armor-interruptable. b3 leads to some nice combo damage, but it's not hit-confirmable without spending a bar for MB kunai.

This also means that if you're able to get in a tele from dstance on reaction to something slow (like somebody's zoning), they'll have to hold either the high or low followup.

It also gives you another meterless option to use off standing 33 (there's 334, which ends in an overhead splat. 33~Close Kunai, which can be armored through but ends in a low with frame advantage; and now 33~tele on a hitconfirm, which gives too much frame advantage for them to block and let's you mix them up again).

Also,

Throw as a combo ender (off a juggle) leaves you with an untechable knockdown with big frame advantage in perfect b2 range. You have 30-ish frames advantage, even more than spear/fist flurry, so they'll for sure have to block (or spend a bar to use an armored wakeup, assuming they have the bar).

This is also good news against people who don't have long-ranged wakeups; because if you do b12, the first hit would take the armor and then the second hit should connect.

For example, it's big against characters like, Kotal Kahn, who has a beastly wake-up overhead Sword in War God that keeps you from getting anywhere near him on wakeup.

This is early stuff, but maybe other Takeda players can find a way to make this useful.
Headed home now to hit the lab but JI2, 44 EXspear, njp, d2, forward step throw does 38% and puts them back in the corner within range of b3 and b21. Gunna see if I can't come up with more stuff that ends with throws.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Guys:

Also,

For example, it's big against characters like, Kotal Kahn, who has a beastly wake-up overhead Sword in War God that keeps you from getting anywhere near him on wakeup (although with Kotal specifically, you'll have to back up a little before the b2 to move yourself out of range).

Sounds useful, thank you sir.
Do you have to do 1,1,2 to start this teleport setup? Or can it be done with b2,1 teleport?

I believe ex teleport has armor on wake up only. I remember taking a hit and it still went through when I got knocked down.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
alright ty, still trying to get used to this timing. Just when to buffer and when not to buffer lol
Yea its just a matter of practice. Coming from street fighter I always tried to buffer alot, like going from a ducking fierce to a dp for example. But here, its more about inputting exactly what you want and as long as the speed is ok it will come out. You can close your eyes and just input 112bf2 and it will work. sometimes seeing it on screen makes me jittery and im too focused on the timing that I miss the input itself.

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
Yea its just a matter of practice. Coming from street fighter I always tried to buffer alot, like going from a ducking fierce to a dp for example. But here, its more about inputting exactly what you want and as long as the speed is ok it will come out. You can close your eyes and just input 112bf2 and it will work. sometimes seeing it on screen makes me jittery and im too focused on the timing that I miss the input itself.
lol when I can do that then the next time I go to the PGL near me i'm gunna do Kenshi cosplay and use his crazy ass possessed combos that do like 41% no meter.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So imo, with this knowledge, a good alternative with b21 from a distance if you're not going to spend the bar for damage (or don't have a bar) is hitconfirm into teleport (vs. Kunai). You give up a bit of damage (vs. ending with regular spear), but you get the free high/low after that.

Also if they happened to leave the ground (for ex., trying to jump through b21 or over Kunai, both of which are common) then you get the pop up after tele and you can nj2 into whatever, still meterless.

Last edited:
Okay this might have already been asked but are we able to do dmg without burning all meter
?? I love takeda but man seems like everything you need to do to get decent to good dmg you need 1-2 bars

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
So I came up with a pretty sweet combo for Ronin Takeda but it's kinda difficult. 32% damage(I believe) with one bar.
JI1, b2 1, db1 db1EX, JU2, f2 1 df1
The db1 followed by db1EX has trickey timing but it works.

If you all are having trouble with players armoring out of kunai, something that's been working for me is switching it up from B2 kunai and B21 kunai. If you read their trying to armor out or just block incorrectly go right for B21 ex grapple into combo.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Interesting setup I've been trying that's been working,
B1 db1close (puts them at mid) follow up with b2 into db1 ex or b2b1 for a sort of 50/50 situation

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So I came up with a pretty sweet combo for Ronin Takeda but it's kinda difficult. 32% damage(I believe) with one bar.
JI1, b2 1, db1 db1EX, JU2, f2 1 df1
The db1 followed by db1EX has trickey timing but it works.
This is basically his BnB in Ronin. Just keep practicing and the combo becomes much easier.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Anybody get in on an online practice room, shoot the breeze, compare notes, tech, and run mirror matches? I'd like to really dig deep in some of his footsie tools, for example, I recently recorded Grandmaster Sub doing a jump in punch and found out if you time it right 23 anti airs and confirms nicely into 33, ex spear for a nice combo off a baited jump in. I'd also like to just pick you guys brains and see how you handle pressure. I'm down to pick a character you have trouble with and do those strings so you figure out how to punish properly. You learn I learn. I also haven't even touched Ronin or lasher yet so if someone knows a little something about that I'd like to discuss that too. I'd like to slow down and explore any options like that.

Tonight I'll be on around 9:30PM eastern. I'm pretty easy to get a hold of after five during the weekdays and I'm off on weekends.

PSN: GuerillaTactix

@karaokelove @Zoidberg747 @Yinze @RM Crimson Panther @SnowboardRX @CrimsonShadow @HomeLee1121 @AssassiN @Zyphox @all other Takeda mains