What's new

T12: Toronto Fighting Game Championships - SSFIV and MvC3 (+$500), MK, BB, Tekken, SCIV and 3S

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Where the hell did you get a computer so fast? I swear you posted this after I left... Anyway, great tournament, great experience. I felt soo good when I took that game from Sabin and then this guy does a double flawless.. tryhard show off.... Oh, and I'm still hella salty about that Sektor... Random TU for the win!!!!

EDIT: Also, I hated the way the bracket was. We had 39 people, it should have been two brackets, and then one winners one losers made it out of each. I guess we had it like that, but we should have ran it one bracket at a time
Good shit Shady. I'm sure you picked up a lot of experience for your next tourney. Wish it was on stream so I could have rooted for you man. No shame in losing to Sabin, his Reptile is beastly.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Top 4------
ArchMagus
WinterWars
Sabin
Neorussels

First bracket -
Neorussels vs ArchMagus

Second Bracket -
Sabin vs WinterWars

For the record i convinced Arch to go , we play online all the time and his scorpion is as good as slips if not better.

Both are outstanding scorp players and archmagnus is mentally one of the toughest people ive played period.

Glad he went and really routing for him

For all who dont know him he's a 88, mod at MKU and plays on PS3 exclusively.

This will be highly interesting to see a top Kitana and top scorp go at it.

BTW NO reptile scare arch and I :) Reptile = GTFO

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
For the record i convinced Arch to go , we play online all the time and his scorpion is as good as slips if not better.
I drive others to tournaments a lot - I've always wondered how it would feel if one of those people were to eliminate me from the bracket.
(Just realized this is about the Canada tournament, not the Georgia one....fuck it)

Anyway, the (GA) tournament was a lot of fun to watch Pig; great commentary! Don't get too upset over your loss, shit happens - there's plenty more tournaments coming up. It was awesome to see some high level Csub action! Reo might be the only one who plays him in the north east and he switches around a lot.

Good luck to top 4 today! Go USA!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I drive others to tournaments a lot - I've always wondered how it would feel if one of those people were to eliminate me from the bracket.
(Just realized this is about the Canada tournament, not the Georgia one....fuck it)

Anyway, the (GA) tournament was a lot of fun to watch Pig; great commentary! Don't get too upset over your loss, shit happens - there's plenty more tournaments coming up. It was awesome to see some high level Csub action! Reo might be the only one who plays him in the north east and he switches around a lot.

Good luck to top 4 today! Go USA!
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Yea I really just am upset that i wasnt mentally focused for that last match. Made some very uncharacteristic mistakes that when i see other people make I cringe lol

Appreciate it, and yea I look forward to pushing CSZ more and more and playing with the guys at VSM oct 27th to level him up with players like yourself

Btw your sig = Ape Tier

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
Good shit Shady. I'm sure you picked up a lot of experience for your next tourney. Wish it was on stream so I could have rooted for you man. No shame in losing to Sabin, his Reptile is beastly.
I ended up playing Sabin in Casuals and didn't even know it was him. I wish he would have picked Reptile, but he was subby. I took it 2-0. Matchup was clearly in my favour though. I woulda loved to exchange mains and see how it came out.

@shady In all honesty, you were my main focus all day. I structured everything I did based on what I watched in your habits earlier. Those "random teleports" were thrown out based on when I seen you opened a window in previous matches. My friends told me there was an entire discussion about how to counter my Sektor. I was gonna change to Rep or Kung just to throw you off. But I said I'd rather go down swinging with my fanboy love for Sek. You caught onto my air game with those air fireballs. I was on my heels, not gonna lie. Your good man. My compliments. I barely lost to "asdf", no shame or salt losing to him. hes amazing.

great tournament Toronto, see you next year.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Hey guys at a computer now. Shady I didnt post that post from a comp but it was my iPhone. Taking a mtch from arturo was good shit.

Supposedly the stream is gonna happen at 4pm, 2 pm the earliest. Its not really clear, Ill try to update when I know.

So basically this is how the maagus sabin went down (I was right behind them when it happened). First match Sabin rolls Kenshi and Magus starts playing his Scorp a little passive and tentaive which worked in Sabin's favour. He took the first. Then they bothroll the same chars for the second, this time AM gets into a groove and plays much more aggressive. He's dong EX TP's that leave advantage and throwing those pure 50/50s the char is known for, doing tick throws off of 1 and even a b2 off of one at one point. Just keeps him guessing the whole time and flawlesses him both rounds. Sabin goes to player select on the start screen then switches to Reptile. Match was closer but Magus won decisively once again.

Thats how Sabin is in losers and Magus in winners. I confirmed, Magus only plays online and and doesnt even study the game apparently, just naturally good at it. Sick shit. Props to Pig for apparently convincing him to go. It's his first tourney and he's looking in top 4.

VIDA

Also great matches to Jer, tastetherainbow and Danx4. With the latter we had two rounds end by time out. It was my Kit trying to zone his SZ the whole time. Came to the last round with like 20% health left each. I practice with him all the time and we give each other advice and shit. Sucks we had to do it up but hey its a tourney.

Jer's got a nice Mileena for sure.

Props to kfrog for running the tourney well, things went smooth.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
So MK only gets top 4 streamed? Why does MK always get this kind of treatment on TS stream.Like I said before evo I think MK needs its own scene.MK can't co-exist with these capcom games or its fans.

AboAly83

Noob
Anyone took any footage of any of the matches.... I would love to see my friends from Ottawa that played there !

Casselman

Anyone took any footage of any of the matches.... I would love to see my friends from Ottawa that played there !
I met people who were from ottawa, I just forget who they were! I have a few things recorded. I'll take a look. any description of them? or callnames?

AboAly83

Noob
I was looking forward to see Matt play, known on this site as TasteTheRainbow and Shady9XD was one of us playing here in Ottawa in the summer.

Casselman

Played Shady, and tastetherainbow. No footage though. Taste has a CRAZY good nightwolf. at least matched to my Sektor. took me out pretty good.

VIDA

Hey I commentated stream it went well but I messed up once and said rep was 7-3 to mil when it's vice versa sry lol, more to come

TasteTheRainbow

Self-appointed king
Good stuff to everyone who showed up. I'll confirm for having to play him as my first match that Arch as a fucking insane Scorpion, most difficult I've had to play against so far (and I took a match off him so hey! I think I'm the only one who managed to do that in the whole tourney besides Art). Thanks to everyone who felt like playing against my NW and getting blown up, it was nice getting some outside experience. Too bad Tim had his concert so I couldn't run the drunk matches I promised earlier in the thread.

I'll most definitely try to make it to more out of town tournaments, tho I can't promise anything with my work schedule (peeps who know me personally know it's fucked up to all hell). Otherwise anyone who feels like getting lag funnies on is welcome to add me on PSN, my account is on my profile here.

AboAly83

Noob
Cool than I have to take few more wins out of Matt's Night Wolf and maybe I can make it to next years tourney :)

But seriously guys we need some FOOTAGE!!!!

DanX4

Noob
@Ernovaku: Great games dude, probably the best and most exciting matches we've ever had for sure (definitely youtube-worthy lol).

And GGs to ArchMagus as well who sent me to losers after three great Scorp-mirror matches... it would have been me playing Sabin next :(

mrsz

O.G. SZ
Big shoutouts to the tournament organizers and players who participated in the tournament. I know most of you guys are on PSN, but hit me up if you guys want to play on XBL.

VIDA

Here's the stream for loser's and grand finals. I commentated loser's with k-frog. Starts at 3:45. Im the one with on the right in the hoodie. Let me know what u guys think of the commentary and the matches.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/295975791

There's so much more I need to post but Ive been fried all weekend, all week actually, and need to crash big time. Will give the rundown tmrw.

Shady

Noob
@shady In all honesty, you were my main focus all day. I structured everything I did based on what I watched in your habits earlier. Those "random teleports" were thrown out based on when I seen you opened a window in previous matches. My friends told me there was an entire discussion about how to counter my Sektor. I was gonna change to Rep or Kung just to throw you off. But I said I'd rather go down swinging with my fanboy love for Sek. You caught onto my air game with those air fireballs. I was on my heels, not gonna lie. Your good man. My compliments. I barely lost to "asdf", no shame or salt losing to him. hes amazing.
I wasn't really discussing it, it was more like "watch meter, watch EX TU" which I stuffed, but like the rest of them got me. Doesn't matter, I can be salty all I want, but like w/e... You won so good shit for that. I got nervous after the first game and made some mistakes. Same for the salty runbacks... But like, I'm not a dick, you had a solid Sektor, wish I could played better that day.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I'm FINALLY home, if there's a full results thread i'll do shoutouts etc.

I'm kinda salty about losing to you Ernov mainly because this was the second Kitana that beat me all day (Guess I need more MU exp but whatever s'all good) AND knowing that beating you would've put me in top 4 (Sorry w1nter) <3

Oh well, guess I just need to play more, because I literally don't play now

Had such a great time, and really awesome to see such a turn out for every game there. I've officially put forward to get my stick dual modded, bringing a pad cause I literally had no more room for a second stick was a horrid decision lol.
Look forward to see everyone out again

Just wanted to stop by and thank all of you guys for a great weekend. I met a ton of kool people and had some great games with all of them. Ernov, Shady9XD, WinterWarz, Russell, John, TasteTheRainbow, DanX, TC, The guys from Ottawa, and many more. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play against everyone as time didn't allow for it.

Congratz to Sabin for placing 1st. Beast Reptile and Saltalites.

I've gotta work on overcoming the nerves that made for an embarrassing ass-kicking in the Grand Finals. I'm not taking anything away from Sabin, it's just obvious that I didn't play nearly how I usually play. Anyone that has played me before knows that. That's just another variable that offline gaming throws at you. Live and learn, though. I can't wait to go to another event like this.

Props to Russell, K-frog, and John for organizing such a great weekend, Team Spooky for the stream, and thanks again to each and every one that signed up to play MK.

Shady

Noob
Just wanted to stop by and thank all of you guys for a great weekend. I met a ton of kool people and had some great games with all of them. Ernov, Shady9XD, WinterWarz, Russell, John, TasteTheRainbow, DanX, TC, The guys from Ottawa, and many more. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play against everyone as time didn't allow for it.

Congratz to Sabin for placing 1st. Beast Reptile and Saltalites.

I've gotta work on overcoming the nerves that made for an embarrassing ass-kicking in the Grand Finals. I'm not taking anything away from Sabin, it's just obvious that I didn't play nearly how I usually play. Anyone that has played me before knows that. That's just another variable that offline gaming throws at you. Live and learn, though. I can't wait to go to another event like this.

Props to Russell, K-frog, and John for organizing such a great weekend, Team Spooky for the stream, and thanks again to each and every one that signed up to play MK.
NEC... Let's GO!!! :)