What's new

T12: Toronto Fighting Game Championships - SSFIV and MvC3 (+$500), MK, BB, Tekken, SCIV and 3S

T12: Toronto FG Championships - 09/24th-25th - SSFIV and MvC3 (+$500), MK, plus other games

TorontoTopTiers is proud to host Toronto's 12th Annual Fighting Game Championship or T12 for short. The Toronto tournament dates back early 2000's where it consisted of only a few players. The T Series eventually cultivated to a big yearly gathering consisting of Canada's skilled players. This year, we will make our mark in the world.

NEW TRAILER:

Footages from this trailer were taken from TTT School Rumble.

DATE:
September 24th-25th

http://www.torontoprimrosehotel.com/
111 Carlton Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2G3
(416) 977-8000
I'll try to see about getting discounts from the hotel and the hotels around the area.

DIRECTIONS:
College Subway Station. Go east to Church street and you'll see Best Western Hotel.
If you pass Tim Horton's, you passed it.

VENUE FEE:
$25 - Pre-Registered
$30 - In the event

Pre-Register here

What do you get for Pre-Registering?
  • $25 pre-reg vs $30 payment during the event.
  • You will help us keep track of the amount of participants coming for the event.
  • Smaller lineup for Pre-Registered players. Meaning, you get in faster.
  • You are guaranteed an Event Badge. Limited quantities on this.
  • Your NAME will be entered for a chance to win DualModded Arcade Stick provided byCanadian Joysticks
  • You get 3 free raffle tickets for pre-registering. If you pay at the door, you only get 1 free raffle ticket.
  • Lots of raffle prizes to be given away over the weekend.

FOOD:
Lots of places to eat around the area.
You can bring food in the hotel but please clean up after yourself.

PARKING:
Lots of pay parking in the area.

STREAM:

We are bringing Team Spooky in for Stream.
View attachment 509

Omega Collectables

Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: 416.894.6186

-Been in business for over 4 years selling exclusively online.
-Specialize in new games, accessories, systems.
-Also offers wholesale pricing for resellers

A & C Games

Phone Number: 416.923.3066
- Toronto's largest selection and display of rare and old school video games
- Specializes in retailing Old School, Vintage, Imported and Rare Games
- Also a supporter of the fighting game community by providing imported fight sticks, fighting games and accessories

Canadian Joysticks

-Official Canadian Distributors of Qanba Arcade Sticks
-They Sell sticks, buttons, pcb's and other Arcade parts you need.
-Check out their site for more information

More Sponsors Coming

Better schedule will be up soon.

Marvel VS Capcom 3 (360)+$500 Pot Bonus
$10 entry
Double elimination tournament
2 out of 3 games per match
3 out of 5 games per Winners and Losers Finals
3 out of 5 games grand finals

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360)+$500 Pot Bonus
$10 entry

Mortal Kombat (PS3)+$200 Pot Bonus
$10 entry

BlazBlue CS2 (PS3)+$200 Pot Bonus
$10 entry

Tekken 6 BR (PS3)+$200 Pot Bonus
$10 entry
3 out of 5 games per semi final match

Soul Calibur IV (PS3)+$200 Pot Bonus
$10 entry

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online (360)
$10 entry

Marvel VS Capcom 3 (360)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360)
Blazblue Continuum Shift II (PS3)
Soul Calibur IV (PS3)
MK (maybe but no interest so far)
Teken (again, no interest so far)

A team will elect a Team Captain. This Team Captains job is get their team ready for their next match. Failure to get ready when called may result in disqualification so please don't let this happen. I personally hate disqualifying players.

Fee: $10 per person, $30 per team

Team Tournament Rules: (People who attended T11 last year should be familiar with this rule.)

3 man teams
No Duplicate characters (For MvC3, Character and Order Lock)
Double elimination Bracket
Team only needs to win 3 matches to advance through the bracket
Matches are NOT best of 3. A teammate loses a match and the other teammate goes next.
If you have no more teammates on deck, your team loses.

During Team Grand Finals:
-Team who won in Winners Finals will only need to beat team who won Loser Finals "Once" to win the tourny.

-The Team who won Losers Finals will have to beat the Team who won Winners Finals "Twice" to win the tourny.

It will not be best of 3 or 7. Time constraint so hope people understand.
If you have questions about the rules, please feel free to ask.

All tournaments will have the following pot split:

Singles
1st Place - 70%
2nd Place - 20%
3rd Place - 10%

Teams
1st place Team gets 100% of Pot Bonus

The console equipment will be labeled and registered to ensure its safety. However, please be careful with your sticks. Furthermore, if you know you're attending and you do not have a stick to use, make sure you have a friend who can donate. All singles matches will enforce a 5 minute rule and if you can't find a stick within that time you will be disqualified. This is advance warning and will not be brought up again.
If you have any stick/button problems at anytime, STOP PLAYING, get up and inform the director. The stick will be fixed/changed and the match will be replayed. If you decide to whine about the sticks after the match, YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLAY MATCH.

What kind of TTT tournament would it be without a raffle. More info about raffle prizes in the coming weeks.

Shady

Noob
Good shit. Hopefully MK get's a good showing in Toronto. I'm really excited for this. Potentially going to be my first offline (provided I don't end up making it out to Summer Jam.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Def coming to this, hopefully MK gets a better turnout than School Rumble. PS those BBCS kids, esp the one screaming was freaking annoying. U got 3rd strike going on eh? Hopefully my logitech pad works for 360, I'll be completely new to the game but would love to get into that game and its reassuirng that this online rerelease will revive its scene a lil.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
BRING YOUR OWN STICKS/CONTROLLERS:
The console equipment will be labeled and registered to ensure its safety. However, please be careful with your sticks. Furthermore, if you know you’re attending and you do not have a stick to use, make sure you have a friend who can donate. All singles matches will enforce a 5 minute rule and if you can’t find a stick within that time you will be disqualified. This is advance warning and will not be brought up again.
Dualshock 3 banned or something ?

Shady

Noob
You can definitely use a stick or controller. It just has to be a PS3 one. PS3 is the choice system since it's been used for the last 5 tournaments that happened in Toronto.

NeoRussell
I thought there was a ban on wireless controllers at most tourneys. You guys still enforce this? Cause I need to get a different converter real quick if you do since mine has been acting out.

Shady: That ban is only from EVO. It makes sense to not use wireless but not everyone can find those converters so it's fine.

NeoRussell

Shady

Noob
Shady: That ban is only from EVO. It makes sense to not use wireless but not everyone can find those converters so it's fine.

NeoRussell
That's good shit. I will probably just end up running MK on my regular PS3 controller then. Saves me time and money looking for a converter right now. Might need one for Devastation of I go, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Shady

Noob
I will bump this for purposes of Hype... I want as many people as possible to come down from both US and Canada. I heard it might not be big at all, and I say, let's fucking make it big and make it hype!!!!

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Good chance i might go to this. Trying to see if i can get a couple of my friends to go for MK. Citizen snips said he wants to go but i'm not sure if he will be able too. School and job and all.

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
Do i need to pre-register or Can I show up on Saturday the 24th and sign up there? what time do I need to be there etc? Or did I miss that? Thanks Neo.

James: I answered your PM Questions. The door will probably be open at 10a. Pre-Registration page will be up soon. Bring your own controller with a wire.

Let's make this hype guys.

ChrisG is coming to take your MK monies and you can't let that happen.

NeoRussell

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
ChrisG is also going? Awesome.

This will be my first tournament. More intent on getting my name out there. Id like to make top 8.

Time to hit practice mode.

I also PM'd you once again Neo. See, PS3 controllers can be wired with a charger cable. But if its banned. We should know asap 100% so I can order what is needed to be prepared.

take care buddy, Can't wait.