What's new

Guide Superman Prime Living Guide

Keep at it guys, practice makes perfect. Superman is a little tough to learn as he is very time sensitive on his mid and corner combos but once you get it down few opponents give him trouble. I'm currently in the top 35 online, representing our Superman! All the tips on this forum work, just stay in the lab until you can get it down consistently.
You have matches you can post? I'd love to take notes

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
You have matches you can post? I'd love to take notes
Unfortunately I don't have any recording equipment other than a cell phone which I'm not using to upload crappy quality videos. I planned on buying some equipment to share matches, combos, tech etc but the IRS is currently in the process of ramming a stick in my ass. If you play on the 360 you can add me and join some KoTH matches or enter practice mode.

Thought Id post these, your corner combos are better but very execution heavy. Beginner corner combos for everyone!

No Trait +1 Meter
F23-3,MB Super Breath-Heat Zap-[ENDER]
3,Low Scoop-3,Flying Punch = 43%
3,Low Scoo,-3,Super Breath = 44%
3,Low Scoop-3,Rising Grab,Heat Vision = 45%

Trait +1Meter
F23-3,Trait-3,MB Super Breath-Heat Zap-[ENDER]
3,Low Scoop-3,Flying Punch = 59%
3,Low Scoop-3,Super Breath = 60%
3,Low Scoop-3,Rising Grab, Heat Vision = 62%

EDIT: Works with 223 as the combo starter as well.

Unfortunately I don't have any recording equipment other than a cell phone which I'm not using to upload crappy quality videos. I planned on buying some equipment to share matches, combos, tech etc but the IRS is currently in the process of ramming a stick in my ass. If you play on the 360 you can add me and join some KoTH matches or enter practice mode.
Sorry to hear that, sadly I'm on PS3.

S1L3nt

Noob
I find this one the easiest to perform online mid screen with the slight lag.
223/f23(depending if they crouch a lot or not), f23-mb super breath, dash forward, 111-scoop,3-rising grab laser

S1L3nt

Noob
Also if your going to b3 after the freeze I prefer to j2, 22-swoop,3-rising grab laser over doing a j3. J3 dose a little more damage but harder to land the 22-swoop afterwards specially online

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
After any standard combo starting with 223 / F23 (with or without trait / meter), there is no damage difference when using F2 or 22. But you're right, it's possible the damage could change depending on the combo. In any case it's completely negligible, as ease of use and efficiency is more important than 1% more dmg.

However, doing say...3 xx Breath as an ender instead of 111 xx Breath in the corner, that adds like 3%. Definitely worth substituting.

Good stuff by the way Saitsu (and everyone else who has contributed), the information you compiled here is fantastic. I've been lurking the threads since release and reading all the tech / combos. I am indebted to you outstanding individuals. You guys are largely the reason I took 1st at Toronto's first Injustice tournament with Supes!

S1L3nt

Noob
That's awesome that u won the tournament with sups! I'm currently 35-6 in ranked matches with sups. Only lost to he death stroke spammers. And nightwing the 1st time I played against him. Took me a game to realise his jumping drop kick can't be anti aired with d2.so learnt my lesson there. But I tinl a good tip for beginners is as soon as u see begin at the start of the match, f23 then Into Your chosen combo. Gets them 90percent of the time depending on your opponents character of course.
And as for the j3 into f3 swoop. I'm going to give this a try when I get home thanks for the tip

D

Deleted member 9158

Superman is good, very good. I've only run into one superman, and he kicked my shit in. I had no idea what was going on at all lol.

Raynex

That's awesome that u won the tournament with sups! I'm currently 35-6 in ranked matches with sups. Only lost to he death stroke spammers. And nighthawk the 1st time I played against him. Took me a game to realise his jumping drop kick can't be anti aired with d2.so learnt my lesson there. But I tinl a good tip for beginners is as soon as u see begin at the start of the match, f23 then Into Your chosen combo. Gets them 90percent of the time depending on your opponents character of course.
And as for the j3 into f3 swoop. I'm going to give this a try when I get home thanks for the tip
Glad I could be of help. Regarding Nightwing's j3 beating Superman's j2 (this likely belongs in the MU thread but w/e):

If you put yourself at max range of NW's jump-in and do the D2 early you can AA him cleanly. It's very hard to time and ultimately not worth the risk. The most consistent answer to jump-ins Superman cannot D2 is to dash underneath them (his forward dash is amazing) and D2 them from behind.

Also because of the landing lag in Injustice (Justin Wong speaks on trip-guarding in Injustice alot), you can even dash underneath and punish them with F23 -> full combo. Basically, if you can't beat a strong hitbox outright, maneuver around it with his awesome mobility and try something else.

Raynex

I've hit opponents with F23 after they land but I'm not sure if it's a true punish or they simply aren't blocking. For 100% consistency, I dash under and F23 when they are an inch off the ground (this works for when you are too far for D2 to connect). Even though you hit them while airborne F23 still grants full combo with optional trait cancel and [MB] Breath.

I can give you a video example of something very similar. edit: Timestamp isn't working. Go to 2:36.

At the beginning of this match, I read Neorussell's backdash and F23 to punish. He jumps right before I hit him (he is an inch off the ground) yet I still get a full combo. I took this situation and re-created it during cross-up "AA" F23s. Disclaimer: Mind the sloppiness / lack of interactibles / F+3s instead of Heat zaps. I was 3 days into injustice!

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
That's awesome that u won the tournament with sups! I'm currently 35-6 in ranked matches with sups. Only lost to he death stroke spammers. And nightwing the 1st time I played against him. Took me a game to realise his jumping drop kick can't be anti aired with d2.so learnt my lesson there. But I tinl a good tip for beginners is as soon as u see begin at the start of the match, f23 then Into Your chosen combo. Gets them 90percent of the time depending on your opponents character of course.
Is there a way to see your record with a certain hero? I viewed my hero card and I don't think those are right. For instance, it shows my Green Lantern as 12-3 when I have 50+ wins with him.

S1L3nt

Noob
Hmm I'm not sure. Every time I tried to view my player card it just says fetching player card and dont move from there. I no iv got a few losses that I shouldn't have. Because when I'm in character select all of a sudden it says ending game and boom a loss

TONY-T

Mad scientist
im up to 50% meterless in the corner no trait and 59% meterless with trait.

I have a new video ill post up soon, it contains new high damage corner combos using 1 bar. All the main launchers are included.