What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Sub-Zero UNBREAKABLE Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Is it possible to get two Ice Aura links in the same combo if you get rid of your initial one with Ice Burst after a freeze? I can't tell if the game is hard-coded to deny that or if I'm just fucking up the link.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Is it possible to get two Ice Aura links in the same combo if you get rid of your initial one with Ice Burst after a freeze? I can't tell if the game is hard-coded to deny that or if I'm just fucking up the link.
usedforglue demonstrated that in the video with ketchup, the b12 aura link seems rough but its possible

if i remember correctly it goes something like this:

Jip b12 db3 b12 freeze slight step behind, detonate aura jip and carry on

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I thought that was more for the reset aspect rather than the combo potential. If it's both, then that's pretty amazing.

So then, would b12 xx aura b12 xx ice ball, whiff db3, jip, b12 xx aura, 242... be possible?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Definitely hard coded. I tested it. Use regular aura first then EX aura, EX aura into standing 1 should be a very very easy link, but I couldn't get it to combo.

loogie

Noob
F4 ex aura on block guarantees a 50/50 on block. This is insane
b2 is not guaranteed - opponent can armor out or poke. f4 ex aura is only +6-7 on block and not more. so the only guaranteed strings afterwards are 11, b12, f42, and b33 (if you are right on point)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
b2 is not guaranteed - opponent can armor out or poke. f4 ex aura is only +6-7 on block and not more. so the only guaranteed strings afterwards are 11, b12, f42, and b33 (if you are right on point)
F4 EX Aura is more like +12 to +14.

F4 EX Aura, B12 is a true block string, B1 starts in 11 frames, so you're at least +11 after F4 EX Aura.

I think B33 is also a true block string after F4 xx EX Aura (not 100% sure), and B3 is 14 frames.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I saw UsedforGlue did a nice breakdown of Unbreakable and Cryo. He talks a lot about IAC, it's true blockstrings and the meta/ application.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
I thought that was more for the reset aspect rather than the combo potential. If it's both, then that's pretty amazing.

So then, would b12 xx aura b12 xx ice ball, whiff db3, jip, b12 xx aura, 242... be possible?
its not possible.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah I didn't think it would be in my frozen heart of hearts. When @STRYKIE asked about it, it seemed like your response was confirming at first, thanks for clearing that up. So GlueManGroup was indeed just demonstrating the reset possibility then.

wayward

just neutral jump
I really don't think this variation is for defense at all. I find that the only way to actually win is to rush them down while having ex aura up as much as possible to minimize the risks. Unbreakable just can't win playing defensive

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
I really don't think this variation is for defense at all. I find that the only way to actually win is to rush them down while having ex aura up as much as possible to minimize the risks. Unbreakable just can't win playing defensive
Which is why I feel really lukewarm about the buffs. Sure, we're better off than we were before, but it's not really the way I'd like the variation to function tbh.

So ive been playing around with unbreakable for a while even before the patch. Ive come to realize that his game relies on the b12 reset using the Aura cancel. With the new buffs there is now a 51 % 50/50 in the corner off of the low for 1 bar. B33 - freeze- B12 xx IAC xx B12 / B2 ~ B2 B12 xx ice burst.

Now this setup existed before. But now we can add another B12 to increase the damage. You are able to do this with the regular aura cancel but you should spend the bar. Why?

1. If they guess right and blow you up you will have less damage taken and at least half a bar of meter gained after 1 full combo.
2. The advantage on connecting two B12s with IAC is stupid easy with the ex version. you cant miss it online.

Also the ice aura going away on an ice burst for more damage is awesome bc now you can set up the aura again in these setups while gaining meter. So if you have a chance to use the burst and you have ice aura up i would do it.

Last edited:

wayward

just neutral jump
So ive been playing around with unbreakable for a while even before the patch. Ive come to realize that his game relies on the b12 reset using the Aura cancel. With the new buffs there is now a 51 % 50/50 combo in the corner off of the low for 1 bar. B33 - freeze- B12 xx IAC xx B12 / B2 ~ B2 B12 xx ice burst.

Now this setup existed before. But now we can add another B12 to increase the damage. You are able to do this with the regular aura cancel but you should spend the bar. Why?

1. If they guess right and blow you up you will have less damage taken and at least half a bar of meter gained after 1 full combo.
2. The advantage on connecting two B12s with IAC is stupid easy with the ex version. you cant miss it online.

Also the ice aura going away on an ice burst for more damage is awesome bc now you can set up the aura again in these setups while gaining meter. So if you have a chance to use the burst and you have ice aura up i would do it.
Good stuff man! Harder hitting combos is really gonna help unbreakable. Is the b2 off the ex aura link really tight?

Good stuff man! Harder hitting combos is really gonna help unbreakable. Is the b2 off the ex aura link really tight?
No its stupid easy. If you use the ex aura you can do it in just about any lag.

Edit:

Okay my bad i see what you mean. Its not really tight. Its a true 50/50 as well. You could go for the low if they start blocking high. If done correctly the high or the low will have to blocked or armored out.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Post freeze > b12, I think the low b33 is guaranteed. Only the b2 option has a gap opponents can armor out of. Really powerful set up, good find. Technically it's not a combo, but I gotcha :p

Probably worth listing the other options you have after this too if you're willing to spend more meter, ie b2, b2, b12 xx ice blast, njp, jip, [b12 xx ice burst] or [MB throw] for further resets.

[QUOTE="Technically it's not a combo, but I gotcha :p[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Yeah i was struggling to call it something. The reason why i did not call it a reset is bc we have gotten away from the definition of a REAL reset.
A real reset is guaranteed. Meaning that they are not able to block or attack and the damage counter resets. I guess this would be just a 50/50?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
There's probably a fine line between calling Cyrax MK9 shenanigans resets or combos lol I think defining it as a reset hinges on the success or failure of the mix up. But until that point, I'd agree with you that it's a 50/50.

wayward

just neutral jump
No its stupid easy. If you use the ex aura you can do it in just about any lag.

Edit:

Okay my bad i see what you mean. Its not really tight. Its a true 50/50 as well. You could go for the low if they start blocking high. If done correctly the high or the low will have to blocked or armored out.
Yea I figured as much. Can b12 ex aura, b2 combo in the corner?

wayward

just neutral jump
I actually really like the risk reward here and don't mind spending the bar for it. I think this is pretty legit

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Play Grandmaster or Cryo against anyone for a long set, then move to Unbreakable...notice the struggle to hurt the opponent in any real way, unlike the set you just played in.

You will go from 45/48% METERLESS corner conversions from Klone shatters whilst keeping the opponent locked in the corner, and 41% F4 conversions anywhere on screen with Cryomancer, and wrecking any MB wake up in the game with Air hammers afterwards. (Except Buzz saw)

Unbreakable will go to 25% damage, and no offence, and no protection outside of standing and blocking or throwing out parries.

The variation is still terrible, although I applaud the optimistic outlook from everyone on the sub forum for this variation.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Play Grandmaster or Cryo against anyone for a long set, then move to Unbreakable...notice the struggle to hurt the opponent in any real way, unlike the set you just played in.

You will go from 45/48% METERLESS corner conversions from Klone shatters whilst keeping the opponent locked in the corner, and 41% F4 conversions anywhere on screen with Cryomancer, and wrecking any MB wake up in the game with Air hammers afterwards. (Except Buzz saw)

Unbreakable will go to 25% damage, and no offence, and no protection outside of standing and blocking or throwing out parries.

The variation is still terrible, although I applaud the optimistic outlook from everyone on the sub forum for this variation.
What would changes would you apply to the variation to make it more viable?

wayward

just neutral jump
@UsedForGlue I 100% agree with you. You give up a lot of good options to play this variation. I just like this variation too much to give up on it. Since I'm gonna play it anyway might as well try to make it as good as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.