What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Sub-Zero UNBREAKABLE Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I play this variation, I try to always throw auras. they are pretty helpful and there are times where you wish you had it earlier. also gains a little bit of meter. basically is to have it when they get up. if you have to block to something stupid, no chip.

song is: Selector Moldy - Assassin

What was the point in activating the aura ? Just to have it for when they get up? Also what is the name of that song :O

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
The only good thing about this variation seem to be that it blow up armor moves. Is there a list of the pros of the variation? Mabey im just out of the loop on it. I have a running list of ideas for buffs but they would make him overpowering in this variation. Good chance NRS is going to do anything to it.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The only good thing about this variation seem to be that it blow up armor moves. Is there a list of the pros of the variation? Mabey im just out of the loop on it. I have a running list of ideas for buffs but they would make him overpowering in this variation. Good chance NRS is going to do anything to it.
This was my original thought, but do you know what else blows up (most) armour moves? Instead of predicting them and Ice Shield, just predict and Block, punish with 1,1~Iceball for 7 frame start up full combo, does more damage than an Ice Shield opened combo, you don't have to commit to it since you can just immediately unblock and start swinging if they don't armour, and its much safer too, considering Ice Parry is like -75 on whiff or something.

STK

This was my original thought, but do you know what else blows up (most) armour moves? Instead of predicting them and Ice Shield, just predict and Block, punish with 1,1~Iceball for 7 frame start up full combo, does more damage than an Ice Shield opened combo, you don't have to commit to it since you can just immediately unblock and start swinging if they don't armour, and its much safer too, considering Ice Parry is like -75 on whiff or something.
Lol. Yea i was just wanting other people to say that out loud and finally move on. This variation is trash...... but ex shield has armor. I don't know why you cant bop strings on block like you can with ex slide? Ex shield is faster than slide. At the end of the day this unbreakable makes no sense.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Lol. Yea i was just wanting other people to say that out loud and finally move on. This variation is trash...... but ex shield has armor. I don't know why you cant bop strings on block like you can with ex slide? Ex shield is faster than slide. At the end of the day this unbreakable makes no sense.
Ex shield doesn't have armour. This variation is far from trash.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
It surely is not trash but except the fun factor (the most fun to play Sub0 variation imo) there is really no point in using it instead of Grandmaster. If NRS doesn't buff it in some useful way, I will still use it for certain matchups like DF Liu Kang.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Unbreakable buff idea: after any freeze, add blue tint/ frozen graphic to opponent for the remainder of the combo. Additionally, make the combo "unbreakable," as in guaranteed damage free from breaker.

I just picked up Unbreakable, got few questions

- What are best combos in corner after B2(b2 b2 214 123slide is too hard) and Freeze?
- When do u activate aura? After succesful combo? After freeze?
- Any offensive uses of aura? F4,Aura is ++ on block?
- Best ways to use meter?

thanks

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I just picked up Unbreakable, got few questions

- What are best combos in corner after B2(b2 b2 214 123slide is too hard) and Freeze?
- When do u activate aura? After succesful combo? After freeze?
- Any offensive uses of aura? F4,Aura is ++ on block?
- Best ways to use meter?

thanks
It's 242 123 Slide FYI. But yeah its hard and inconsistent, I generally just went B2, 242, 123 Slide, or, B2, B2, B12~EX-IceBall, NjP, JiP, B12 Slide.

As far as Aura goes, when its down I often end combo's in F12 or 112 and activate Aura after that. During the neutral game I'll just throw out a D4xxAura which is safe.

Best use of meter is that corner combo, and B2, RC, B12xxEX-Iceball, NjP, JiP, RC, 123 Slide is another good one midscreen.

Slymind

Noob
It's funny how Tremor crystaline variation armor up does what i envisioned the Frozen Aura to do in a potential change.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Found a meterless midscreen 29% combo with option select I've been using for unbreakable , I'm sure it's been found befor but I find it to be very easy and useful
Jip b12 iceball jip 242 run f33
Option select on the b12 incase they block
Easy to land the f33 you jus gotta run till there waist high
Still gotta try canceling f33 into slide , might make it 30%

STK

What buffs are everyone waiting on? GM, unbreakable or cryo? What could they do to make unbreakable good? ex ice barrier have better recovery to make links possible?
Now if i could just psychic up some loto numbers also today would be a good day. Lol

Steven_a

Light Bringer
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Can now execute the Ice Burst & Frost Bomb special moves
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Ice Burst & Frost Bomb do additional while Frozen Aura & Ice Aura are active while removing the Aura
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Activating Frozen Aura & Ice Aura no longer triggers auto block which can allow some combos to continue
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Ice Aura has 16 less recovery frames

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Can now execute the Ice Burst & Frost Bomb special moves
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Ice Burst & Frost Bomb do additional while Frozen Aura & Ice Aura are active while removing the Aura
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Activating Frozen Aura & Ice Aura no longer triggers auto block which can allow some combos to continue
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Ice Aura has 16 less recovery frames
That is fantastic! Thanks bro! And those are sick.

STK

lets see if a bandwagon starts. I honestly shouldn't. I dont think any of these changes are overpowering. He just got what he needed. almost :)

STK

Some on put up a video showing f4 into ex klone combos. With the fix b12 exklone f42 shatter combos might be a thing now. But wont find out till tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.