What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Sub-Zero UNBREAKABLE Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayward

just neutral jump
So did he get that 1 frame parry? Heard Paulo mention it but didn't see it in the patch notes.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Ex Aura cannot be punished. LITERALLY! You can even make a hard read with shield. Punishes slides all day.

Burnout

Keep et Classy
I tried using the 'Frozen Aura' like how Grand Master can do a whiff Ice Klone to get a bit of meter gain.
Results were confusing :/

I mean why does Frozen Aura even contribute 'damage scaling' I don't understand...

Yeah I like unbreakable just because I love parrying stuff, and it is good considering it's 6 frames and 3 frames ex. Plus now with the patch you get pressure that reduce your health with ex aura, which is what I would save most of my bar for. I got some good damage off his parry but I don't think its worth using a bar unless your in the corner. I wish that the pop up from ex ice burst would give you NJP in this variation, or at-least give you that property while he's in aura; that way you can have a reason to spend the meter, but hey 31-36% off the shield is awesome.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Just getting to play post patch now. Don't know if it's known yet but b12xxdbx 11xxdf2 connects.no meter. Scales very hard so I haven't worked out a use yet but if I can squeeze 29-30% it'll be a good bnb

wayward

just neutral jump
This variation is looking a lot more aggressive with the f4 aura pressure. Definitely not a defensive variation

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Loving the buffs. Didn't really think they would make a big difference but wow it's like I finally have a gameplan when playing unbreakable. B12xxaura opens up so much. Even when they block b12xxaura I jus go straight into 11xxiceball and catch them repeatedly

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Wow... 30% mid screen for no meter is very respectable. GM can barley do this, and doesn't have anywhere near the pressure Unbreakable has now. Very impressive stuff.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
You don't need to mash parry from certian strings at all. I found an intresting method that is much easier than trying to mash. If you input anynormal immediately after a IAC and follow up with a normal parry it will come out every time from multiple starters.

B33, F42, B12, 12, 11, also works with this method

CONFIRMED: Cassie, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao normal hat spin

DOES NOT WORK: Kung Lao Ex Spin in Tempest and Buzzsaw

Samsara

Resident Cynic
It appears as iff you cancel straigt into b12 from a normal aura:

B12 aura b12 freeze fjp 242 rc 1 rc 123xxslide now does 31%

I'll be updating the combo thread.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Regardless of the damage gain I'm not a fan of ending combos with ice burst----- it doesn't grant hard knockdown which slide and f12 to grant. I suppose the one benefit is the ability to activate aura again, but Subby's still horribly meter dependent and I don't think it's wise.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Loving the buffs. Didn't really think they would make a big difference but wow it's like I finally have a gameplan when playing unbreakable. B12xxaura opens up so much. Even when they block b12xxaura I jus go straight into 11xxiceball and catch them repeatedly
B12 aura is horrifically unsafe lol, try that shit on Cassie or Reptile and see where that gets you 6 and 7 frame reversals will eat you alive.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Whiffing slide is typically what I do in Cryo to crowd there wake-up (after hardknockdown hammer) I suppose I should be a bit more open minded, regardless I think it's safe to say Unbreakable subby is in much better shape now than he ever was----lol what took them so long to give us DB1!

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Meterless bnbs
B12xxdb3 11xxdf2 jip 242 rc b1xxdb1 28% go to for online with lag
B12xxdb3 242 rc b12xxdb1 30%
Second easiest to connect
B12xxdb3 b12xxdf2 jip 242 rc b12xxdb1 32%

just picked up unbreakable and found 38 % in the corner meterless ( if they block B12, make safe with EX frozen aura into b12 again)
B 12 + frozen aura B12 ice ball, B2, B2, 242, 123+slide
if parryed in the corner, you can frozen aura just for fun xDand continue with:
B2, B2, 242, 123+slide for 34% or 32 % don't remember in this moment.

lovin this variation so far, but its a pain in the ass against ultraaaa zoners <.< can't find my way around any 24/7-fan-in-you're-face kitana, why do people play her soo annoyingly, used too like her, but now she's mortal kombat x ultimate bitch :( no offence to any kitana players. she's the armaggedon of all fans that's for sure

just picked up unbreakable and found 38 % in the corner meterless ( if they block B12, make safe with EX frozen aura into b12 again)
B 12 + frozen aura B12 ice ball, B2, B2, 242, 123+slide
if parryed in the corner, you can frozen aura just for fun xDand continue with:
B2, B2, 242, 123+slide or icy slide for that awesome brutal xD.

lovin this variation so far, but its a pain in the ass against ultraaaa zoners <.< can't find my way around any 24/7-fan-in-you're-face kitana, why do people play her soo annoyingly, used too like her, but now she's mortal kombat x ultimate bitch :( no offence to any kitana players. she's the armaggedon of all fans that's for sure
So did he get that 1 frame parry? Heard Paulo mention it but didn't see it in the patch notes.
sorry bro, it was meant for sun god and blood god kotal :/

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I think the corner freeze, b2, b2, 242, 123 xx slide has been around for a little bit. Even better with the IAC I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.