What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

The first 2 times I run too fast and the puddle tracks my new location.

The last time I stay put for a few frames to make the puddle track me standing still instead of running so I can create enough space for a punish.
Good stuff.

RM Truth

The first 2 times I run too fast and the puddle tracks my new location.

The last time I stay put for a few frames to make the puddle track me standing still instead of running so I can create enough space for a punish.
Do you feel that you could do this on reaction?

Rebelo

Noob
I tested Kano's St.1 which has 7 frames of start up and can trade. Cassie's St.1 and St.2 are 6 frames and 5 frames respectively and beat it.
its because it takes 1 frame to come outta block thats why it feels like that

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
@Qwark28
This OS displayed in the Armory is no different from the one you learned earlier, is that correct? Because I've now heard quite a few conflicting things and I'm just wondering if I'm out of the loop. Paulo said a couple of weeks ago that it is getting patched out. Then I heard that the 'new' OS isn't. Now I'm hearing both.

What am I missing here? I was under the impression that they wouldn't stay so never dedicated any time to learning them. So I can't distinguish between what inputs are the 'new OS tech' that's apparently staying.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
@Qwark28 @Rebelo @NB Semi Evil Ryu
So I have managed to do the option select that makes the ice ball come out on hit from F4, and the ice clone on block. It is pretty difficult but I will try to get a recording soon. I think that in order to be a top Sub, this will be something that you have to master.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So I have managed to do the option select that makes the ice ball come out on hit from F4, and the ice clone on block. It is pretty difficult but I will try to get a recording soon. I think that in order to be a top Sub, this will be something that you have to master.
I've been trying to not practice the option select stuff to prepare myself, in the event that it gets patched out.

But with Combo Breaker just less than two weeks out........I may not have a choice. I'll be keeping an eye out for your recording of this F4 OS.

Rickyraws

Yes, this is what I was referring to earlier. There exists an OS off of b33 as well where as nothing comes out on block, and obviously Ice ball on hit, from what I can gather.

I've been trying to not practice the option select stuff to prepare myself, in the event that it gets patched out.

But with Combo Breaker just less than two weeks out........I may not have a choice. I'll be keeping an eye out for your recording of this F4 OS.
The contradicting nature of information leading up to the recent days don't help when it comes to understanding where or not the OS tech is staying, and if so, which ones. Because like you inferred, it wouldn't be wise to put time into something that not only could get patched, but was said to be so by Paulo. But apparently....this isn't the case anymore...or not...or that there's two different OSs and Paulo was only referring to one of them....or something....yeah its confusing. At least from what I'm trying to understand.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@Qwark28
This OS displayed in the Armory is no different from the one you learned earlier, is that correct? Because I've now heard quite a few conflicting things and I'm just wondering if I'm out of the loop. Paulo said a couple of weeks ago that it is getting patched out. Then I heard that the 'new' OS isn't. Now I'm hearing both.

What am I missing here? I was under the impression that they wouldn't stay so never dedicated any time to learning them. So I can't distinguish between what inputs are the 'new OS tech' that's apparently staying.
What's getting patched out is the 123 thing. We have no info on whether these OSs are

@Qwark28 why do i see everyone using 242, 1, f42 slide when 242, 123 slide does 1% more damage and carries farther? I don't get it.
Because TB does it for no reason

Undoubtedly.

Rickyraws

What's getting patched out is the 123 thing. We have no info on whether these OSs are

Because TB does it for no reason

Undoubtedly.
I see. Thanks for clarifying. Truth be told I don't even know what the 123 thing is.

RM Truth

I've got the F4 OS down, but on block, I can only seem to get F42 xx Clone. Am I just not inputting the DB2 fast enough?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I've got the F4 OS down, but on block, I can only seem to get F42 xx Clone. Am I just not inputting the DB2 fast enough?
You're mashing the inputs and cancelling your special into the net part of the string. Do it faster and cleaner

That's pretty lame.. I've been doing 123 slide since week one and never understood why Tom would do it his way, unless I was missing something.
I guess there is the benefit of being able to switch sides by ending in F4, 2, 1+3 but other than that 123 Slide is better for corner carry

SEV

Noob
Not sure if it's known yet, but I think you can do your Ice Klone overhead corner combo consistently on female/small hitbox characters replacing the B12 string for B3 in the regular BnB for 28%. Been doing it a bit in the lab, and it's been consistent for me.

So it's: B2 B2 D1 B3 xx DB2 dash in NJP NJK

Rebelo

Noob
Why are people telling me there's patch notes that subzero is getting nerfed and that fireballs can go through the clone and like mk9