What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

I use cryo because ice weapons > ice clone, plus he does way better mid screen combos and is more fun to play. Playing ultra defensive with weak GM combos doesn't do it for me.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
You're mashing the inputs and cancelling your special into the net part of the string. Do it faster and cleaner
Still not getting it. Not sure how much cleaner I can do the input without sacrificing speed. It's really getting on my nerves that I can't seem to get this.

EDIT: I've gotten it like twice so far. Looking at my inputs, I'm getting DF2 DDB2. That's probably what's screwing me up, but I don't know how to rectify it yet.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Still not getting it. Not sure how much cleaner I can do the input without sacrificing speed. It's really getting on my nerves that I can't seem to get this.
Think of it like this

From 1 to 10, when you hit someone with f4, iceball comes out at 4

On block, iceball comes out at 6

You need to hit the iceball at 4, then input the clone between 4-6 so on block clone comes out at 6

What the OS does is input a special to catch the early cancel window on hit and either cancel or do a completely different special to catch the late window of block

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Think of it like this

From 1 to 10, when you hit someone with f4, iceball comes out at 4

On block, iceball comes out at 6

You need to hit the iceball at 4, then input the clone between 4-6 so on block clone comes out at 6

What the OS does is input a special to catch the early cancel window on hit and either cancel or do a completely different special to catch the late window of block
I'm sorry. I understand logic, but it just isn't working for me. I've been at this for an hour, and I've gotten it like 3 times total. I can hit the option select, but I can't get the clone input out on block fast enough. I always get F42 xx clone. It's getting very frustrating.

EDIT: I think I'm getting it now. I can hit it like 80% of the time now.

Last edited:

SZSR

Noob
I'm not really understanding what the Patch Notes mean for Grandmaster:
  • Subzero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone now always correctly goes away on block instead of sometimes leaving a Klone with no active hitbox.

• Subzero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone now always correctly goes away on block instead of sometimes leaving a Klone with no active hitbox.
I'm curious to know who has to be blocking, because if Sub Zero hits a blocking opponent and that causes the Ice Clone to go away then that's just stupid imo..

Last edited:

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Maybe there was a bug when opponent blocked a clone it was still being left on screen. I am sure they don't mean if sub zero blocks that would just be silly.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Yeah because overhead enhanced hammer and the best uppercut in the game don't count for anything. f3, 3, enhanced db2 says sup. Grandmaster is most likely the best, or most well rounded variation, but the other two are not throwaways.

@Declan Deegan

Cryomancer isn't as specialized as GM and Unbreakable so Cryo is gonna cover any match ups that deal well with getting out of the corner and ice clones. I feel more comfortable using it against characters with good teleports or charging armor moves.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
There was a glitch where people would go through the clone.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
the cool down patch sucks tho. before if you put out the clone after the bnb setup into HKD if they ate b2 on wake up you could go right into the b2,b2, d1, b12 clone combo. with the cool down you cant. you have to wait a slight sec before mixing them up.

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
Since d4 lowers the shit out of Subs hitbox, would that maybe be a potential option to prevent a blocked jump in from making the clone disappear? As using d4 to make the jk/jip whiff and then fall into clone.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Sub Zero lives. There were no "nerfs" honestly..just seems like system corrections to protect against some bugs/glitches that were occasionally happening apparently

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
the cool down i can see because people complained. but the clone going away on block sucks.