What's new

Stop Posting Buff/Nerf Threads

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Maybe that was the case for like the first couple of weeks. Now it's just getting annoying and downright pathetic to have a different nerf/buff thread for each and every character and the game is still practically brand new.

What you're saying is indeed true, but there is a difference between saying you feel a character is weak and creating a thread requesting outrageous demands for buffs just because you can't flow chart you're way to victory. Some character forums are an absolute mess and damn near impossible to navigate through because of this.

The game hasn't even been out for a full month and people on here are already acting as if they know everything about each and every character, and that they have the meta completely figured out... Does that sound reasonable at all?
True, but it's our obligation to teach new comers such things, not to embarrass them and make them feel ashamed for conversing. They will grow just like the rest of us.

RoGE

Noob
I'd argue that this game is waaaaay too deep for there to be a big balance patch even 8 months into the game. With 3 variations per character alot of stuff WILL go unnoticed.

Just focus on patching obvious stuff like glitches.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Can we at least make a one buff thread limit for character forums? If I see one more "Buff Kitana" thread i'll lose my mind

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
A mod closing those threads? I thought a forum site like this one was made to discuss ANYTHING as long as they follow the rules. Yes, less threads is better, but people will always have questions and they should feel free to ask even if we think such posts are pointless(They may be pointless to us but not to them). Threads like this one are the ones that put people in fear to ever even post anything. Abuse of authority.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Buff / nerf threads are just a form of expressing thoughts. Just because someone else calls for discussion on the same topic with obligatory "this is not buff/nerf thread" PSA doesn't mean it's something else in essence.

If people disagree with OP, they will start a discussion anyway.

At this point some things are pretty clear though and opinions on them are unlikely to change, but the best way to determine it is to discuss and play out this stuff instead of looking at arbitrary dates in calendar. In this sense, these threads may be pretty useful.

Afumba

Noob
I can understand that ppls are pissed about all the nerf/buff threads but shuting ppls up is as dumb as making 100 of those threads.
Only thing you get out of it is ppls spaming it into other threads & make things more toxic there.
Also peoples that post their serious concerns about a character or want to discuss potential stuff are slaped in the face by this.

Its a forum that should promote discussion not undermine it cuz of your own oppinion on when to buff/nerf things.
As if discussing it would automatically lead to a buff/nerf anyway.

Why not make a thread in each character forum for this purpose?
If you dont allow toxic & useless replies i dont see the problem. Frankly those type of replies in these threads bother me more than ppls making 100 threads. If someone says for exmaple "Spectral Ermac could use some help etcetc" than someone answering "shut up" or "you dont know nothing noob" or "give it time" etcetc shouldnt even bother replying in the first place as they obviously have nothing to say anyways.
People would also make less threads about it if they see a clean thread from ppls with an actual oppinion instead of wannabe smacktalk replies.