What's new

Stop Posting Buff/Nerf Threads

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
The game isn't even a month old.
It's so frustrating to see this community stuck doing the same thing over and over and over. I actually made a list of all of the crying threads earlier to show just how many fucking character forums had them, but in the end I didn't post it because I didn't want to specifically call anyone out.

MKX tried but no one cares.

WHINE AWAY PEEPS!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
We should close similar threads that is just ppl salty about the game mechanics posting things like

"I can't adapt to throws, there for is broken, lets nerf throws"
" I don't like projectiles phasing each other, lets make trades a factor"
"I don't like jump ins, i don't care about the counter mechanics and my first reaction is to press a button since i can't use training mode properly, lets buff AAs"
" I don't like Kung Jin, lets nerf him"
" I don't like the block Button, is there an option for back to block?"
" Can we nerf Scorpion minions? -27 on block is so fast that when the blockstun is lifted i'm still holding block"
" I don't like reversal punish mechanics, although is faster and efficient, and can give me position advantage, i rather hold the block untill the blockstun passes, release block and mash a string to later on complain on TYM that i can't punish said move"

Please, learn the basic mechanics of the game, explore your characters options based on that, this includes blockstuns, reversal punishes and shiet. LOL

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Please, learn the basic mechanics of the game, explore your characters options based on that, this includes blockstuns, reversal punishes and shiet. LOL
Eddy I'm have trouble with Takeda please I like him but he totly isnt good

you have what ed boon witter is somtehign has to change ive been playing this game FOR THREE WEEKS and all matches ar 11-0 thx

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy I'm have trouble with Takeda please I like him but he totly isnt good

you have what ed boon witter is somtehign has to change ive been playing this game FOR THREE WEEKS and all matches ar 11-0 thx
Yeah Takeda needs buffs, Shinnok and Kitana too could use some minor buffs those are reasonable and i think the community knows about it.
He will get his buff, i think is already noted somewhere.

haketh

Noob
even though i agree buff/nerf threads are annoying as fuck, should we suppress discussion like that? people are entitled to their opinions.
It's not stopping people from having those opinions & voicing them, it's jsut stopping them from flooding the forums.

E

Eldriken

If this is seriously how it's gonna be, then there are a lot of threads you ought to be closing right this moment.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
The game isn't even a month old.

Refrain from asking for buff/nerf threads. they do not lead to anything and the community as a whole will not take you seriously if you ask for these threads.

I will close every thread for the time being, let the game live and thrive. Let a couple of major tournaments go by.

This is ridiculous and has to stop.
Finally! You have made my day sir. Thank you for keeping these babies in check.

I think theyre funny. Some might have some truth to them. It doesnt take a year to learn what tools chars have what chars are lacking things to make them useable in serious play. I mean no one is saying nerf kitanai or buff kung jin lol.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i say make a list or something of all the problems we find with said characters over a month or 2 and then at the end submit the whole thing to nrs.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Seconded.

Only because discussion is often level headed if people don't start attacking people (such as the normalize subzero thread), and salt fueled nerf and buff requests are hilarious. However some things are really strong and some things are weak, why not let people discuss that? That's basically a nerf and buff thread.
I agree with this 100%. This is a discussion forum and people should be allowed to discuss things. As long as they keep it civil, it should be fine.

The only thing I don't like are early tier lists and MU numbers, because they usually don't lead to any kind of constructive discussion. I don't want to see two guys haggling over whether a MU is definitively "5-5 vs. 6-4" in the first 3 weeks of a game.

But if you think a character should be stronger or weaker, make a convincing argument, and you might end up learning some things from the resulting gameplay discussion.

But if you think a character should be stronger or weaker, make a convincing argument, and you might end up learning some things from the resulting gameplay discussion.

This is exactly my experience. +1

The real issue is people coming to those threads to offer nothing constructive. Now THAT is something which could be moderated.

Please note that I am not referring to threads like "Please Nerf Scorpion" or "Liu definitely needs a buff and whomever disagrees is a terrorist."