What's new

Stop Posting Buff/Nerf Threads

2013-2015 tym members are not allowed to post any buff/nerf or tierlist threads. only 2011 and older members have this privilege! deal with it!
:cool:

wait a minute, people are actually FOR these buff/nerf threads?!

They bring very little discussion to this forum besides complaining, bitching, arguing and the occasional "LOL level up bro" remarks. This site is flooded with them atm, and you have to weed through them just to get to actual discussions about gameplay, setups, tech, etc.

Between this and the wannabe YouTube stars posting new threads each time they come up with new, completely unviable, combos videos with click bait titles are making the character forums a mess!

Hell, just look at the Reptile and Kotal Kahn forums. And The Kitana forum will make you want to slit your wrists it's so depressing.

I seriously hope people start to regain there senses in future and just enjoy the game.

Last edited:

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
wait a minute, people are actually FOR these buff/nerf threads?!
It's already been stated that they are entertaining and insightful. Maybe someone new to fighting games comes to this site and out of pure frustration creates a thread saying his/her character is weak. Maybe other posters can point out his/her characters strengths and how to get around situations and punish properly. I thought this was a place people came to level up and have discussions to understand the game better?

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
Ok, so I'm not an expert, but Lao definitely is garbage.
His meterless low hat needs to be +15 on block, and come out initially as an overhead, later transforming into a low and then an unblockable at full screen(How can anyone block a razor?)
His 112124 combo should really hit overhead low low overhead low overhead, because right now its useless
Also his spin? How am I supposed to punish evereything if it isnt 2 frame startup? Cmon NRS, you messed up big here.
For tempest, his spinning hat should stay up in the entire round, and he should be able to stack it because he definitely owns more than one hat.
Lastly, hat trick. He should be able to throw his hat, make his hat larger and larger so that it is half the size of the stage, and call it back in 2f. keep it + on block, thats important.

If NRS listens, maybe Lao will be viable.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yeah Takeda needs buffs, Shinnok and Kitana too could use some minor buffs those are reasonable and i think the community knows about it. He will get his buff, i think is already noted somewhere.
Bro, you're insulting us @ Kenshi nation. :>

It's already been stated that they are entertaining and insightful.
Maybe that was the case for like the first couple of weeks. Now it's just getting annoying and downright pathetic to have a different nerf/buff thread for each and every character and the game is still practically brand new.

Maybe someone new to fighting games comes to this site and out of pure frustration creates a thread saying his/her character is weak. Maybe other posters can point out his/her characters strengths and how to get around situations and punish properly. I thought this was a place people came to level up and have discussions to understand the game better?
What you're saying is indeed true, but there is a difference between saying you feel a character is weak and creating a thread requesting outrageous demands for buffs just because you can't flow chart you're way to victory. Some character forums are an absolute mess and damn near impossible to navigate through because of this.

The game hasn't even been out for a full month and people on here are already acting as if they know everything about each and every character, and that they have the meta completely figured out... Does that sound reasonable at all?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This will accomplish nothing.

The buff/nerf discussion will just flood the other threads in the character forums.

Congratulations, you've caused a much more troublesome problem.

Also, people can't have discussions about what they think their characters need anymore? Wether what they think is wrong/debatable or not, civil discussion about a specific topic is the entire point of forums.

Last edited:

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Ok, so I'm not an expert, but Lao definitely is garbage.
His meterless low hat needs to be +15 on block, and come out initially as an overhead, later transforming into a low and then an unblockable at full screen(How can anyone block a razor?)
His 112124 combo should really hit overhead low low overhead low overhead, because right now its useless
Also his spin? How am I supposed to punish evereything if it isnt 2 frame startup? Cmon NRS, you messed up big here.
For tempest, his spinning hat should stay up in the entire round, and he should be able to stack it because he definitely owns more than one hat.
Lastly, hat trick. He should be able to throw his hat, make his hat larger and larger so that it is half the size of the stage, and call it back in 2f. keep it + on block, thats important.

If NRS listens, maybe Lao will be viable.
Lmao!

This will accomplish nothing.

The buff/nerf discussion will just flood the other threads in the character forums.

Congratulations, you'll cause a much more troublesome problem.
Sadly, this is the case. People will continue to troll and purposely create nerf/buff threads just to get a rise out of people now. Oh well, when they do I'll just revert back to my criminally downplaying alter ego. #BuffSub2015

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Sadly, this is the case. People will continue to troll and purposely create nerf/buff threads just to get a rise out of people now. Oh well, when they do I'll just revert back to my criminally downplaying alter ego. #BuffSub2015

I'm sure downplaying will be banned next.

#UnstoppableShouldResurrectWithFullHealth