What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

vapid

cyber warlord
The person that told me about the Kollector also told me about the new crushing blows, meter system, supers, mb special inputs and name dropped Geras before the NRS email leak so I def believe him. He didnt know if he was a cyborg or not tho so really want him to be MK Grevious
What else did he tell you? Anything about Shang, Rain, Noob, Fujin, _CET or _TER?

Lokheit

Noob
I just want Rain :( . They can't just not include him and screw his fans for the third time especially after we see him on the Koquer menu
As others mentioned, that could very well be a young Kotal Kahn. If you think about it, Rain isn't THAT relevant to be the guy on the story mode screen.

vapid

cyber warlord
As others mentioned, that could very well be a young Kotal Kahn. If you think about it, Rain isn't THAT relevant to be the guy on the story mode screen.
We have no idea about that, as we don't know what the storyline is.

For all we know, Rain could play a major role. He could be an ally/pawn of Kronika, or aiding Raiden, or aiding Kotal.

SenSx

Noob
Also it makes a lot more sense for Kotal to be "Konquering" something than RAIN. Lol. I do want Rain though.
Makes sense for Rain too, he is hungry for power, at any cost, and more than anyone else.

Never thought it could be young Kotal, it's true the neck thing he is wearing looks a lot like Kotal's.
But this is very missleading if this is indeed him, they really screwed up because it looks a lot like Rain.

I'm going to be soo pissed if this true and almost ALL MKX newcomers make it ONCE AGAIN, instead of the long overdue deserving purple ninja that can NEVER be on a main roster, not at least ONCE in the entire history of the serie.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Shao Kahn is not a sorcerer
He may not be a sorcerer per definition like Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, but he is still a powerful spellcaster. He's the one who taught Shang Tsung soul magic, he created Ermac and Skarlet, etc. But no, it's more hinted at him being a god, like Raiden and Shinnok. Where a sorcerer learns the magic, the gods just have the powers to do the magic.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
He may not be a sorcerer per definition like Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, but he is still a powerful spellcaster. He's the one who taught Shang Tsung soul magic, he created Ermac and Skarlet, etc. But no, it's more hinted at him being a god, like Raiden and Shinnok. Where a sorcerer learns the magic, the gods just have the powers to do the magic.
Sorcery is just a part of him.

SinkFla

Noob
Nothing on them except Noob is suppose to be more of a "shadowmancer" now so mqybe some flavors of Quan mixed in with the klones idk
Hmm does your person think Noob is base and not DLC? If two different people are thinking so then goddamn I'm hype!

And yeah I really think Rain should be base. I mean Boon knows he is one of the most requested characters and it's unlikely for him to be DLC so if he isn't there at launch then RIP. The fact that no one I've talked to knew anything about him worries me.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Hmm does your person think Noob is base and not DLC? If two different people are thinking so then goddamn I'm hype!

And yeah I really think Rain should be base. I mean Boon knows he is one of the most requested characters and it's unlikely for him to be DLC so if he isn't there at launch then RIP. The fact that no one I've talked to knew anything about him worries me.
Hes not sure if he was moved to DLC last second or not. Really hoping base with Rain so we can have 4 ninjas at launch and I can play Noob at Combo Breaker :D

SinkFla

Noob
Hes not sure if he was moved to DLC last second or not. Really hoping base with Rain so we can have 4 ninjas at launch and I can play Noob at Combo Breaker :D
Hmm sounds similar to my dude. Well my guy just said he didn't think he was DLC but wasn't 100%. He really just left it on NRS is very very proud of his mk11 incarnation. Thanks! You know anything else? Haha you know I have to ask.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Ed Boon teasing something about Queen which means probably Kitana or Sindel will be revealed tomorrow..

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
No other info on Rain but don't give up hope. Even with steamdb leak there's still a few slots.
As someone pointed out, if Shang and Noob are in, there are no spots left, if all other assumed characters are correct. I already read your thoughts on Rain, that you don't know anything else about him specifically.

But to go the other way around, do you know anything about supposedly free slots? We are so far assuming that only 2 are left with all semi-confirmed characters. Is it possible that one of the ones we take for certain is NOT in? Like, for example, someone like Kung Lao, Kitana orJohnny is not playable, contrary to what everyone believes?

SenSx

Noob
I'm not believing any leak or some guy knowing the roster or some characters anyway.
If there were such things we would have known of D'Vorah, Erron Black, Kotal, Frost, Jade, and Jacquie before the steam reveal.

Or they manage to keep some really secret.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
And can you show me the gamefaqs thing? I'm gonna laugh/cry if that's where this guy got his info. Lol. Like I said there's 3 different ppl here and the CET thing and Frost revamp both came from him.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77463872?jumpto=76#76
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/r00000r

In the thread, the user r00000r (you can click his posts specifically from the profile link) mentions a lot of things you also heard about. He includes CET being female, somewhat beasty and ending with an n, Frost being revamped, either Noob or Rain being in (he sometimes doesn't tell things 100% directly but keeps it vague, as in one of the two is in), as well as confirming the Kollector. Your information goes a bit further in some things (KOL= Cyborg), but it's a lot of the same notes. He definetely mentions these things about CET and Frost.

So what do you think? Does it add to your source's credibility because you and that dude heard the same things? Or is it possible that your source just got the things he/she told you from this thread? Would be incredibly sad, I want much of that to be true :D

Anyways, thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge with us. This is the most exciting info since the steam leak!

They gotta save some of the most requested players for the DLC packs... That's just good business. I'd expect to see a Noob, Rain, Reiko, Havik, Fujin as DLC to entice people to keep buying more content from NRS

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
They gotta save some of the most requested players for the DLC packs... That's just good business. I'd expect to see a Noob, Rain, Reiko, Havik, Fujin as DLC to entice people to keep buying more content from NRS
Yeah " the fact of becoming you...sickens me!"