What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
They gotta save some of the most requested players for the DLC packs... That's just good business. I'd expect to see a Noob, Rain, Reiko, Havik, Fujin as DLC to entice people to keep buying more content from NRS
Rain won't be dlc. He was dlc in 9 and they were adamant about not doing repeat dlc characters. If rain is gonna be in, I feel like they'd swap Noob out for dlc just so they don't go back on their promise.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Never said she hadn't. She was added in the complete versions of both Mk3 and Mk4 though. That should say something. But as of now, her status is staple I'd say.
I think she's gonna be either a secret unlockable character or DLC .... I think she will not make it as part of the main roster linked to the story mode, but , will be playable somehow.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I hate it when good characters are held behind a paywall
totally agreed .... even more due the fact Mileena is my favorite MK character ever, so, seems pretty dumb NRS chosing to do this to her, since Baraka was dead too in MKX, and now , he simply is part of the main roster in MK 11, so ..... cannot stand this bullshit treatment NRS is doing with such good and iconic character Mileena is .... she deserved to be main roster material, and not leftover stuff to be selled as DLC "last chance" option :mad:

BecomingDeath13

totally agreed .... even more due the fact Mileena is my favorite MK character ever, so, seems pretty dumb NRS chosing to do this to her, since Baraka was dead too in MKX, and now , he simply is part of the main roster in MK 11, so ..... cannot stand this bullshit treatment NRS is doing with such good and iconic character Mileena is .... she deserved to be main roster material, and not leftover stuff to be selled as DLC "last chance" option :mad:
There's no guarantee she's even gonna be dlc. She might be skipping this one entirely.

BecomingDeath13

yep .... this is very possible. but if so, I doubt she'll be absent in MK12 , rsrsrs .... we know the drill : they can screw her up in MK11, but not in MK 12 !! :p
Although I was never a big fan of Mileena. It would feel super weird having her skip a game entirely. It would definitely suck for the people that love her. I dig her, she just never really fit my play style. Piercing was the closest she's been.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Rain won't be dlc. He was dlc in 9 and they were adamant about not doing repeat dlc characters. If rain is gonna be in, I feel like they'd swap Noob out for dlc just so they don't go back on their promise.
I remember that promise, and also applies to Kenshi since he was dlc in mk9. If he's not in the main roster...bye until mk12.

SenSx

Noob
That looks like Rain more than Kotal. He even is wearing purple clothes and the background is purple.
Yes it still looks more like Rain.
It's not only the colors, but the proportions of his body.
He's not that bulky or tall.
It's hard to say without the scaling or a comparison, but he does not look as tall as Kotal to me, even as younger version.

As for Mileena, I woulf not be shocked if she does not make it.
Wee need a fresh rotations of characters, and we alwready have the return of Jade, Skarlet, Frost, D'Vorah for the "freak female spot", and at least one new female newcomer.

I mean Mileena's face got eaten off in mkx story. I don't think since this story has been retold (since mk9) that anyone has returned from being killed in the story. I can't see them leaving her completely off the roster though. She'll probably be dlc with costume shaders representing a classic look and her look closer to mkx.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
I mean Mileena's face got eaten off in mkx story. I don't think since this story has been retold (since mk9) that anyone has returned from being killed in the story. I can't see them leaving her completely off the roster though. She'll probably be dlc with costume shaders representing a classic look and her look closer to mkx.
and you know kitana would be a bad choice to reveal at the female livestream that's happening on Valentines day. It would be more smart if they instead show a surprising returning female such as Mileena, Frost, Jade or Sindel. Hey you never know, maybe after this whole doubtful conversations you guys are having...mileena ends up being in base roster. the game isn't even out yet man. There is still a ton they have not shown and looks like they are taking things slowly.

vapid

cyber warlord
and you know kitana would be a bad choice to reveal at the female livestream that's happening on Valentines day. It would be more smart if they instead show a surprising returning female such as Mileena, Frost, Jade or Sindel. Hey you never know, maybe after this whole doubtful conversations you guys are having...mileena ends up being in base roster. the game isn't even out yet man. There is still a ton they have not shown and looks like they are taking things slowly.
How the hell would Mileena be a 'surprise' returning character? She was in MK9 and MKX, and she'll probably be in MK11 anyway.

A surprise choice would be someone like Sareena.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I like Mileena but i wouldnt have a problem if she sits this one out for another female character that wasnt in MKX.

I would take Sindel or a 3D character like Li Mei or Sareena over her this time.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
How the hell would Mileena be a 'surprise' returning character? She was in MK9 and MKX, and she'll probably be in MK11 anyway.

A surprise choice would be someone like Sareena.
Chill your horses man, she died in mortal kombat x and people are highly doubting she would be making it in the main game with story. Yes it will be surprising if she's in the game, if you haven't played the Mkx story I wouldn't have even came here to quote me on this.

vapid

cyber warlord
Chill your horses man, she died in mortal kombat x and people are highly doubting she would be making it in the main game with story. Yes it will be surprising if she's in the game, if you haven't played the Mkx story I wouldn't have even came here to quote me on this.
Of course I've played the MKX story, and I'm not sure why you'd assume I haven't. Do you remember who else died? Baraka.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
It makes sense to do so though. Since she died in MKX I don't think she was supposed be in MK11 at all, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Unlike MKX Tanya.
I know, but Baraka died too (fight+cutscene) and now he's back on the main roster.

Tanya should be on the main roster here too, especially since they gave her a really good redesign in her playable version. I'd like to think it wasn't just for a DLC character...

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I know, but Baraka died too (fight+cutscene) and now he's back on the main roster.

Tanya should be on the main roster here too, especially since they gave her a really good redesign in her playable version. I'd like to think it wasn't just for a DLC character...
It's true about Baraka, but he wasn't playable in MKX, so he kind of needed a spot. Mileena was in 2 games back to back, she can take a break in my opinion.

I'd love to see a main roster Tanya though, and finally may I add! She's my favorite female character after Skarlet actually.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I heard similar info about Kollector to what's been said in here, for what it's worth.

Weaponized arms and some normal arms, apparently. Got nothing else.