What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Can someone point me to the Noob soft-confirm that seems heavily implied here? I keep seeing people putting him on the list of pseudo-confirmed characters, but I haven't seen the source.

vapid

cyber warlord
Can someone point me to the Noob soft-confirm that seems heavily implied here? I keep seeing people putting him on the list of pseudo-confirmed characters, but I haven't seen the source.
There's nothing, only speculation based on the character's popularity with both NRS and fans (Twitter polls, forum polls, etc.)

There are no leaks that either confirm or even strongly hint at Noob being playable, just some Towers of Time reference - but we had plenty of Living Towers references to non-playable characters in MKX.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Noob Saibot is seen on the main menu on the "Fight" selection. He's behind Scorpion and Sub-Zero and is seen facing off against Baraka.

To be fair we aren't 100% sure it's him, but what other jet black ninjas are there in MK history? I suppose it could be a new character, but I don't see them ripping off and salvaging Noob's design for a new character considering he's complete fine and well-received character.

Gamer68

Fujin!
You're seriously stretching if you're happy to positively identify that as Noob.
How is it stretching? You can clearly make out Baraka in the background (who is an actual character of course), so why would they match him up with a generic ninja? Plus all other characters on the menus seem to be actual characters in the game (Kitana, Cassie, Kano, etc).

Even if they did decide to add a random generic character, why would they pick someone that clearly looks like Noob Saibot -- especially considering he's arguably the most requested male character judging by Ed's polls and whatnot. It would be kinda misleading and piss people off.

Like I said it COULD be a new character, and I suppose it could be a troll, but be honest: That looks like Noob Saibot.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Geez that actually does not look like noob saibot to me. maybe a completely new character? no idea for some reason it looks like goroish or kintaro. I'm very interested to see what the heck that character is lol.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Lol thats not Noob, see other posts showing him in his MK9 win pose clearly
The pictures of him in his MK9 pose doesn't really deconfirm this as Noob, if anything it just means Noob is seen elsewhere as well.

If you are saying it's not him because the designs are different then it's possible his base design is the one on the Fight menu, and his MK9 one is just one of the many alternate costumes he'll have and you can unlock it by playing a MK9-themed tower for him or something.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The pictures of him in his MK9 pose doesn't really deconfirm this as Noob, if anything it just means Noob is seen elsewhere as well.

If you are saying it's not him because the designs are different then it's possible his base design is the one on the Fight menu, and his MK9 one is just one of the many alternate costumes he'll have and you can unlock it by playing a MK9-themed tower for him or something.
The other thing just doesnt look like Noob tho, just looks like a guy with a bunch of shadow cast on him

Gamer68

Fujin!
The other thing just doesnt look like Noob tho, just looks like a guy with a bunch of shadow cast on him
When I first saw it I thought that could be the case.

But the problem is that you can clearly make out Baraka and he doesn't have shadows on him or anything. Why would this one guy in the artwork have heavy shadows on him to the point that he's jet black, when no one else has that going on for them?

There's also nothing in the scene that could be casting such a heavy shadow, unless there's something to the left we can't see because it's off-screen. But even then that wouldn't cause a heavy shadow because of the lighting: The main light is coming from the top/center of the background and is casting a white light on to the characters. You can see the light shining on Scorpion and Sub-Zero for an example, and they are the closest to the screen (further away from the light) and they are still fully lit.

You can actually see the light on the character in question, around his arm that is pointing towards Baraka has a white glow that is coming from this main light source. This means that the character isn't in any heavy shadows. The character seems to be fully lit, and he's jet black.

I agree it's kinda blurry so it's hard to make out details, but he definitely has a mask and a loincloth which points to him being a ninja maybe.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Kintaro would be awesome btw.
Hell yeah man it's his chance to shine! but I wanna be honest...I'm building too much love for vampires this time around. Not too long ago I really wanted kabal then kintaro and now it's vampires Lol what's wrong with me..

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Imagine if he was just an NPC to fight, and was kept back for KP2. :mad:
Ed said no more non-playable fights like MKX :D

When I first saw it I thought that could be the case.

But the problem is that you can clearly make out Baraka and he doesn't have shadows on him or anything. Why would this one guy in the artwork have heavy shadows on him to the point that he's jet black, when no one else has that going on for them?

There's also nothing in the scene that could be casting such a heavy shadow, unless there's something to the left we can't see because it's off-screen. But even then that wouldn't cause a heavy shadow because of the lighting: The main light is coming from the top/center of the background and is casting a white light on to the characters. You can see the light shining on Scorpion and Sub-Zero for an example, and they are the closest to the screen (further away from the light) and they are still fully lit.

You can actually see the light on the character in question, around his arm that is pointing towards Baraka has a white glow that is coming from this main light source. This means that the character isn't in any heavy shadows. The character seems to be fully lit, and he's jet black.

I agree it's kinda blurry so it's hard to make out details, but he definitely has a mask and a loincloth which points to him being a ninja maybe.
I mean it could be but I cant conclude anything off just this, where as the other pic is none other than Noob.