What's new

Sonya *NEW* INFINITE Combo!

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.

Mostly is explained in the video.

Two things worthy noticing:
- After hitting a successful (3,1)4, your opponent won't be able to move or block as long as his character is in his stun animation, so you have enough time to jump over, uppercu0t, repeat the same move over and over again or even eat a sandwich after hitting it;
- I think the only way this can be done in a real match is on a Tag-Team match, with a character such as Sub-Zero or Scorpion as your partner.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Dam it, not another one. It seems as though your only using the third hit in order for this to succeed right? If thats the case, then it would be pretty hard to pull off in a fight. In any case this should be fixed ASAP.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, an infinite like this would never happen at high level play, unless there is some magical setup. But nonetheless, good to know.

Poto2222

Didn't notice it was counting as a combo, SCARY.
WHAAAAT?
C'mon dude, hit count appears at the left side of the screen every time it ends! LOL xD
:p

But yeah, this infinite combo should not be a problem in a 1vs1 match. I can't think of any possible situation in which this could work. All I know is that this IS doable on Tag-Team, after the Spear or after a IceBall (Enhanced preferably), but I can't think of any different scenarios.

NariTuba

disMember
I´m sure this is a silly sonya noob question but ill ask it anyway... you cant pull this off after a kiss right?

Poto2222

Nice find man. Quick question though, wouldn't blocking low not let this combo together?
Well, as I said on the first post, once the first kick successfuly hits your opponent, he won't be able to move or block, so they can hold :d:blk the whole match or as much as they want and they won't be able to get out of it.

I´m sure this is a silly sonya noob question but ill ask it anyway... you cant pull this off after a kiss right?
Actually no. Sonya's Kiss doesn't stuns your enemy long enough for you to whiff the first two moves and hit the last kick.
I'm trying to find out a situation in which Sonya can land this combo, but I haven't got any success at the time. I've tried to do it after a blocked and after a whiffed KL Spin, after a blocked KL Dive Kick, after a blocked Smoke/Scorpion teleport, and in many other situations, but neither of them grants Sonya this Infinite Combo. But I won't give up! I will find it whatever it takes! xD

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Fixed for next patch (assuming there is one!), thx.

not sure how she will win now tho, she needs the damage.

archon

Noob

Oh my god, what? First, who in their right mind would want to learn an infinite for any character? I remember people complaining when her MS trap was being removed. Why bother turning the game on? If you expect to implement an infinite so dull during a match, why not sit on your couch staring down at your controller mashing out 1000 reps just to say that you can. I mean, if you landed it you'd win, right? Why bother turning on the damn game? Just assume you'd win every match and find something else to play.

As far as Sonya needing damage, She can do 38% off a jump-in punch with no meter, and that's not even the optimal combo; it is simply the easiest. Freaking Sub-Zero does less damage, and people still complain about his damage. Are we talking to learn and understand the game, or just talking to have something to talk about?

zee

Icy
Oh my god, what? First, who in their right mind would want to learn an infinite for any character? I remember people complaining when her MS trap was being removed. Why bother turning the game on? If you expect to implement an infinite so dull during a match, why not sit on your couch staring down at your controller mashing out 1000 reps just to say that you can. I mean, if you landed it you'd win, right? Why bother turning on the damn game? Just assume you'd win every match and find something else to play.

As far as Sonya needing damage, She can do 38% off a jump-in punch with no meter, and that's not even the optimal combo; it is simply the easiest. Freaking Sub-Zero does less damage, and people still complain about his damage. Are we talking to learn and understand the game, or just talking to have something to talk about?
LMAO... You didn't know colt is Paulo Garcia, an NRS dev. He's a pretty slimy troll when he wants to be.

But otherwise, I would've agreed with everything you said. :p

archon

Noob
Well if he's trolling about the damage, I can understand, but my feelings on infinites remain the same.

Justice

Noob
I know that under the hood all characters are "balanced" by someone's definition of the word, but Sonya really seems to have gotten the short end of the stick. Noone's arguing that she has the kombos to keep up with everyone else in the damage department, but I find her anti-zone game so horrible that she can never get close enough to get her best kombos off.

it will be really nice if she could do this once per combo

colt is there any change on making sonya's bp,fp hit mid and not just high the biggest proplem she has is that she wants to get in but once she gets in they just poke her because her mid attacks sux