What's new

Sonic Fox Wins MKX at The CommonWealth 2015!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Tempest Laos got real unlucky agaisnt Fox today.
Forever King over complicating his game inning corner combo, then DJT getting his toes bopped by caltrops, yoooo extremely exciting though.
The grand finalists really turned it on after the first three matches in the first set.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Is SonicFox the most skilled and luckiest player of MKX? Is he this game's MJ? It's now hard for me to imagine any upcoming tournament where he isn't in Top 8.
I wouldn't use the term "lucky" in reference to a guy who consistently places top 8 and/or wins every tournament he's been to for MKX. The only one he fell short in was an online ESL tournament, which he's won the majority of those as well. He's 100% one of the best and most consistent MKX players right now, DJT isn't too far behind either!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I wouldn't use the term "lucky" in reference to a guy who consistently places top 8 and/or wins every tournament he's been to for MKX. The only one he fell short in was an online ESL tournament, which he's won the majority of those as well. He's by far the best MKX player right now, DJT is right there with him though!
uhh, Dizzy took S.Fox down at combo breaker grand finals, in the second best set we've seen thus far.

I wouldn't use the term "lucky" in reference to a guy who consistently places top 8 and/or wins every tournament he's been to for MKX. The only one he fell short in was an online ESL tournament, which he's won the majority of those as well. He's by far the best MKX player right now, DJT is right there with him though!
That's why I put skilled before lucky. I know he has it, but sometimes he does get lucky (timed caltrops, opponent drops combos, etc.)

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Saying SonicFox is by far the best MKX player, yet DJT is right there with him, is an oxymoron lol. I don't think SonicFox is 'by far' the best MKX player. Dizzy beat him and DJT also played extremely well. They're all great players amongst others.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
uhh, Dizzy took S.Fox down at combo breaker grand finals, in the second best set we've seen thus far.
Yeah, Dizzy is one of the best too, but SonicFox and DJT have been more consistent in placing at majors, which was my point. I'm sure Dizzy would be just as consistent if went to as many majors.

Saying SonicFox is by far the best MKX player, yet DJT is right there with him, is an oxymoron lol. I don't think SonicFox is 'by far' the best MKX player. Dizzy beat him and DJT also played extremely well. They're all great players amongst others.
No disrespect to DJT, but he was pretty much abusing a block infinite in the corner and still didn't win.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Okay maybe not by far the best, but by far the most consistent, can we agree?

D4G

Win At All Cost
Hype set guys, congrats sonic fox.

Now let's ask the real question. Who's going to be picking up Johnny Cage after watching this?