What's new

Sonic Fox Wins MKX at The CommonWealth 2015!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yes that was the original bet. Go read the post. Clear as day
So....the bet was that DJT would just beat him. Not win the tournament. And the fact that Sonicfox beat him in the grand finals and won the whole tournament means nothing.

Yeah...that's clear as day. You have to be shitting me.

Your post was "I got djt for 20$ any takers" word for word. How is that clear that you weren't betting on the tournament winner and instead betting on a meaningless set PRIOR to grand finals?

Marvaz

come at me
Jeez idk? Maybe use your head? Djt and sonicfox were the first match to be played in the top 8 and i said i had " djt for 20$ any takers " in that match. ...if i would have ment for the tournament i would have specified " i got djt to win the tournament". It's ok man,don't worry about it its just $20.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I wasn't implying that you're complaining at all. My issue was with using Mileena as an example of why 50/50's are dominant in MKX.
I don't think anyone said that -- but she still shouldn't be compared to Johnny Cage. The mixup of high/low starters is still very key to her meta, especially in the Ravenous variation SaltFace plays that has the low command grab/meterless combo extenders in addition to the regular high/low string and EN roll guessing game.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I may have to fix that at the next tournament ;)
Pick anyone else and I'll root for you.

Whenever someone picks him, I generally go take a break. He's not only overly-easy, but he's really no fun to watch - no matter what the level of play is. He's easily the least hype fighting game character in the history of fighting games.

Jyakotu

The traitor to Edenia and to all the realms!
Congratulations to Sonic Fox. He's really dominating right now and I won't be surprised if he wins the $50K at EVO.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Sonic income this year will be the highest in his household at the rate he's going. LOL
Great Job Fox!!!!

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

Whenever someone picks him, I generally go take a break. He's not only overly-easy, but he's really no fun to watch - no matter what the level of play is. He's easily the least hype fighting game character in the history of fighting games.
Damn is he really that boring to watch? Haha I didn't know it was that bad

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Get off your high horse. I'm not a Kung Jin enthusiast myself but there's plenty of ideas and awareness that high level Kung Jin players implore that you won't see the average Joe pull off in a tournament environment.

Besides, I bet it won't last. There was tons of hipsters QQ-ing over Black Adam and MK9 Ermac being "braindead" in the first year of their respective games and then complained about how they're hard done by over the next year. #BasedLogic

Damn is he really that boring to watch? Haha I didn't know it was that bad
On the contrary, I thought a lot of your conversions with KJ were very impressive. Fuck the armchair critics and keep doing your thing. Keep working on that Tempest Lao though :p

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Get off your high horse. I'm not a Kung Jin enthusiast myself but there's plenty of ideas and awareness that high level Kung Jin players implore that you won't see the average Joe pull off in a tournament environment.

Besides, I bet it won't last. There was tons of hipsters QQ-ing over Black Adam and MK9 Ermac being "braindead" in the first year of their respective games and then complained about how they're hard done by over the next year. #BasedLogic

On the contrary, I thought a lot of your conversions with KJ were very impressive. Fuck the armchair critics and keep doing your thing. Keep working on that Tempest Lao though :p
I've been playing MK a long time, but my level of execution isn't on par with the top guys - yet - I can consistently land over 40 percent combos with Kung Jin - and they start immediately, low, overhead - all from range - and with great priority. I've heard people say his combos take execution. Then, why am I able to pull them off so easily and consistently when I can't consistently pull off combos with other characters that I've actually practiced. Even through hard lag, I can land Kung Jin's combos. High level of execution, my rear-end.

Watching it is even worse...

Hit confirmed ... ok ... here it is ... that same string. <YAWN> How exciting...

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Kung Jin combos are the thing they train monkeys to do at space programs. It's so easy they could do it even drunk and sleeping.

Reactions: GAV