What's new

Sonic Fox´s initial thoughts about Injustice 2 chars

Status
Not open for further replies.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I think It's +27 only because it's a slow attack that lets you move before it hits.
but vanilla tremors rock was more plus than it said in the frame data menu ingame because he could move before it hit so with that logic it be more than +27 no?
(jesus why am i talking about frame data of a pre release build, im a bad person lol)

Last edited:

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
Tier lists are based on MUs (that no one knows yet) and those MUs are based on highest possible level of play of a game that hasn't been released yet...There's no logical way even Sonic could come up with any worthwhile character rankings. Speculation is fun and all but come on....

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So, um...where's the torches and pitchforks at, folks?

This is grade-A material for people to start going nutty over. Is it because of who made it? If so, shame on you.
It's the best NRS player saying his opinions on some characters and who he predicts to be top tier/competitive backed with reasons why. That's not the same as some random dude putting out an entire list of who he thinks will be top with no real reasons behind it. Yes, WHO is saying it absolutely matters. Why is that concept shameful?

protools27

Rebel without a scene
What? LOL. Thanks for the Cliffs, didn't know what the video was. But now that I do-

So much this. This is the grainiest of grainy salts. "This person can do it though" is by definition a logical fallacy.
I actually disagree with this. If someone like pig or reo (not saying that they would, just using as an example) I would be interested in hearing what they had to say, because I value their opinion and their contributions to the scene are well noted.

methademic

UPR Methademic
Tier lists are based on MUs (that no one knows yet) and those MUs are based on highest possible level of play of a game that hasn't been released yet...There's no logical way even Sonic could come up with any worthwhile character rankings. Speculation is fun and all but come on....
I have to ask, in all seriousness, did you watch the video? He didn't spit out a tier list, he gave his thoughts on a portion of the cast, and spoke about who he wanted to play and who he speculated could be good. I mean, it's literally the same thing anyone talking about the game is doing he just did it in a video.

Yeah. This is super weird people are getting so sanctimonious about it. It's obvious he's answering a question he was asked. His opinion as such a dominant player is very interesting to hear. At no point did he speak as if it wasn't just speculation. And also, relax and let some fun speculation happen eh?

Anyway, I still think it's kinda odd Firestorm is so written off. From the Stream breakdown his zoning game looks super solid, and he's got some nice buttons (weak overhead, but good range)

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Good insight from Sonic, it's all just speculation until the game comes out including from Sonic. It's still fun to listen to though.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

This is grade-A material for people to start going nutty over. Is it because of who made it? If so, shame on you.
you're absolutely right

if anyone thought this site was ever anything but dickriding tournament players + parroting their opinions + shitting on everyone else, then let this thread be your reality check

Last edited:

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
People in here with their ExplodingBrain.JPEG "this is only speculation" takes.

No duh. Nothing is chiseled in concrete, it's all just speculation. But, if you can't find something to take away from the opinion of a top-level player sharing what they think might be good/bad, I don't know what else you're looking for at this point. Might as well not even open any threads related to I2 and just go media black out for 8 more days.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yes, WHO is saying it absolutely matters. Why is that concept shameful?
"Well Isaac Newton studied in Alchemy, do you suppose you know more than Isaac Newton?" Fallacy.

I actually disagree with this. If someone like pig or reo (not saying that they would, just using as an example) I would be interested in hearing what they had to say, because I value their opinion and their contributions to the scene are well noted.
Their great contributions to the scene are independent of normally agreed upon absurdity.

JDM

Noob

i mean it's fox we really can't say shit. I think the video is stupid and him comparing something to Cyrax is completely ridiculous but it's whatever lol. At least he's educated in what to look for in a character.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Changes will come for probably every character just about, will wait a few months into the game not before doesn't matter to me who speculates what be it famous player or or joe blow who just read about Injustice 2 yesterday, same difference to me. Either way the game's not out thus nobody knows yet.

Also, everyone's opinion should be treated equally. I've never been one to put anyone on a pedestal.

Last edited:

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
I have to ask, in all seriousness, did you watch the video? He didn't spit out a tier list, he gave his thoughts on a portion of the cast, and spoke about who he wanted to play and who he speculated could be good. I mean, it's literally the same thing anyone talking about the game is doing he just did it in a video.
I should have been more clear. It was clear in the video that it was a response to a question (based off the image, "which characters will dominate injustice 2?"). My personal gripe is more with the question itself than Sonic's response. It's a classic case of a "headline grab" media question. At this stage, not even sonic knows who will "dominate." That's the point I was trying to make.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
"Well Isaac Newton studied in Alchemy, do you suppose you know more than Isaac Newton?" Fallacy.
A bit of a false equivalency. He's talking about his opinions, not facts. His opinions about the game hold more weight as the king of NRS games. Even still it should be taken with a grain of salt at this point, but nowhere in the video did he assert his opinion as an absolute fact. He's just talking about what he's seen and based on what he's seen who he thinks will be good.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.

At this point, people probably don't have the energy to complain since it's become the standard. Who cares about pre-release tier lists. The entire reason I find them fun these last weeks were to see how wrong people would be.

It's not like Sonic is always right, remember when he thought Joker was top 5.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
A bit of a false equivalency. He's talking about his opinions, not facts. His opinions about the game hold more weight as the king of NRS games. Even still it should be taken with a grain of salt at this point, but nowhere in the video did he assert his opinion as an absolute fact. He's just talking about what he's seen and based on what he's seen who he thinks will be good.
Which is fine. We all do it. I doubt anyone interested in Inj2 hasn't speculated.

What would be the reaction if you or I made this thread? And why? The statement has nothing to do with actual game talent, as in literally nothing. The hypocrisy comes in where an agreed upon absurdity becomes worthwhile speculation because of the source. If something is ridiculous it is ridiculous, plain and simple.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Which is fine. We all do it. I doubt anyone interested in Inj2 hasn't speculated.

What would be the reaction if you or I made this thread? And why? The statement has nothing to do with actual game talent, as in literally nothing. The hypocrisy comes in where an agreed upon absurdity becomes worthwhile speculation because of the source. If something is ridiculous it is ridiculous, plain and simple.
If it was the same exact thread with the video, it probably wouldn't get much of a reaction at all as no one would care what I have to say, lol.

Gamer68

Fujin!
On one hand, GG to the community on being able to recognize and point out hypocrisy!

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that a light-hearted speculation video has to blow up into people arguing about whether or not Sonic should be speculating about SOME (not even half) of the characters in the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If it was the same exact thread with the video, it probably wouldn't get much of a reaction at all as no one would care what I have to say, lol.
But whenever a top player makes ANY content, to me it should be encouraged ALMOST no matter want. Almost being a key word, here. The more content the better. More and more top players have secret chats (I know this personally) and they don't want to share stuff publicly because they don't wanna deal with pretty much stuff like people are saying ITT. It's not really a safe space mentality, it's more of they'd rather discuss it with other good players rather than get chastised in the public for actually trying to help.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

this is it. I like that Sonic did this, my point is that I wish we could see more opinions and speculation on our FORUMS without "retinal aids" "eye cancer alert" etc and whatever other phrase is flavor of the month from people with absolutely zero to contribute themselves

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I agree with him for the most part, though I wouldn't call tiers just yet. Characters like Darkseid who'll require excessive lab time for setups are hard to call, but I definitely agree that Firestorm looks 'okay', Joker will be better, Robin looks super good and Cold looks hilarious.

I don't think Cheetah will struggle as much as he thought though. Bum ass double-hitting F3 ass character.

Status
Not open for further replies.