What's new

Sonic Fox´s initial thoughts about Injustice 2 chars

Status
Not open for further replies.

9_Lives

Noob
I don't understand, hasn't he been playing the game, at least during the beta? He's played many matches with at least canary, but I don't know if he's said anything about playing characters not specified in the beta. I haven't played the game yet, so I'm always curious to hear from the people who have. Why are the jimmies rustled over this?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
But whenever a top player makes ANY content, to me it should be encouraged ALMOST no matter want. Almost being a key word, here. The more content the better. More and more top players have secret chats (I know this personally) and they don't want to share stuff publicly because they don't wanna deal with pretty much stuff like people are saying ITT. It's not really a safe space mentality, it's more of they'd rather discuss it with other good players rather than get chastised in the public for actually trying to help.
I know of it too. However, that works both ways as well. For example, many top players have their "private chats" but have no problem coming here to scavenge community tech when we discover it, and then tell us our opinions are lesser lol. Or when discussing said tech, state that since you aren't as good as them in the game you cannot understand. Not everyone, but plenty of players do this. If a top player comes in early MKX saying, "prepatch Kitana is top tier" and post some Day 2 tech they should be challenged by the community, not get upset and go into a private chat to talk down on it(actual example). Just like if I made that exact statement at that time I should also be challenged.

The worst trend imo of TYM is the "top player knows better than us" logic, which has so many faults I wouldn't know where to start. It would be like saying the only way Bill Belichick could become one of the greatest coaches and minds in NFL history is if he was a superstar in the NFL. Clearly we know that isn't the case. Rarely do you have to be amazing in said competition to fully understand the competition.

I am more than happy to have anyone share as much as possible, I've been a huge pusher of such. But they gotta have the same thick skin that we have and deal with challenges or pushback when they make statements that are controversial or less accepted. Expecting hero worship is the last thing that should be given out on a competitive gaming site ever.

Alright I'm gonna leave it at that so the people who wanna debate Sonic's tier list can have their thread lol.

SZSR

Noob
No. If Reo had done this I'd be all over it. But oh well, I'm not a pro player, so no one will respect my opinion.
I'm not sure what to say, I don't want to change your mind because everyone has something to contribute. But in that same vein, can we not humor this? Being dismissive of anyone period is the last thing on my mind.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know of it too. However, that works both ways as well. For example, many top players have their "private chats" but have no problem coming here to scavenge community tech when we discover it, and then tell us our opinions are lesser lol. Or when discussing said tech, state that since you aren't as good as them in the game you cannot understand. Not everyone, but plenty of players do this. If a top player comes in early MKX saying, "prepatch Kitana is top tier" and post some Day 2 tech they should be challenged by the community, not get upset and go into a private chat to talk down on it(actual example). Just like if I made that exact statement at that time I should also be challenged.

The worst trend imo of TYM is the "top player knows better than us" logic, which has so many faults I wouldn't know where to start. It would be like saying the only way Bill Belichick could become one of the greatest coaches and minds in NFL history is if he was a superstar in the NFL. Clearly we know that isn't the case. Rarely do you have to be amazing in said competition to fully understand the competition.

I am more than happy to have anyone share as much as possible, I've been a huge pusher of such. But they gotta have the same thick skin that we have and deal with challenges or pushback when they make statements that are controversial or less accepted. Expecting hero worship is the last thing that should be given out on a competitive gaming site ever.

Alright I'm gonna leave it at that so the people who wanna debate Sonic's tier list can have their thread lol.
So much reading I have to do maaaan, y u do this to me?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Actually that wasn't that long, lmao.

Anyway, you misinterpreted what I meant. I agree with what you said, but that's not what I was talking about.

If someone posts their opinion about anything related to the game, that opinion is open to be challenged. And it certainly should be challenged, everything anyone says in LIFE should always be challenged.

My point is that there's a big difference from a top player rattling off his thoughts on the cast pre release, than a random posting "this is my tier list prediction for every character with nothing to back it up". In the video SonicFox is just saying who he thinks will be, and not be good competitively. And he only does a handful of characters. He also does it in a manner that seems like it's a response to people asking him what his opinions are at this stage of the game on the characters pre-release. So to be angry that he isn't getting blown up doesn't make sense because he's not outright doing what some of y'all are claiming.

Any top player giving their opinions on the game pre-release and who they predict to be top tier or "good" is welcomed imo. It's not that their opinions mean more, it's just more interesting to hear than a random because they know what to and what not to look for. Regardless of this fact, their opinions, no matter who they are, should be taken with a grain of salt at this point, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth listening to.

Thingy

Retired account
This is all speculation and it is very welcomed...for anyone in my book. Anything is cool with me to pass the time until release.

Some of the responses here are hilarious. Some of you are taking things too far. Just take things like this lightly, as well as what anyone else has to say pre release. It is not long until the verdict will be in.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This is all speculation and it is very welcomed...for anyone in my book. Anything is cool with me to pass the time until release.

Some of the responses here are hilarious. Some of you are taking things too far. Just take things like this lightly, as well as what anyone else has to say pre release. It is not long until the verdict will be in.
Yeah, pretty much this. We are just passing time, hearing what Sonic thinks is cool. I don't get why that's some outlandish thing.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Yeah, pretty much this. We are just passing time, hearing what Sonic thinks is cool. I don't get why that's some outlandish thing.
I mean I understand it to a degree, a lot of people don't like him, and his attitude is......interesting. Also lots of people get trashed for making pre-release tier lists, so why should he get any different treatment? Winning tournaments doesn't mean you get a free pass.

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
I mean I understand it to a degree, a lot of people don't like him, and his attitude is......interesting. Also lots of people get trashed for making pre-release tier lists, so why should he get any different treatment? Winning tournaments doesn't mean you get a free pass.
Exactly.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Come on guys, he is just speculating thing we do all the time, why can't he? He just shared what he thinks about the characters he has seen based on what he has seen, isn't that how you pick your characters? You see what they have to offer and you lab them?

Temetias

"MKX kid"
This is why we can't have nice things. He's just giving us his thoughts and speculations, not a tier list. At this point I'm just happy to have any content of the game and its competitive scene. It seems most peole at this site aren't tho. They just wanna turn this into some dumb argument to show "they're smarter and not fooled by this".

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Come on guys, he is just speculating thing we do all the time, why can't he? He just shared what he thinks about the characters he has seen based on what he has seen, isn't that how you pick your characters? You see what they have to offer and you lab them?
This pretty much sums it all up. We all make speculations on things that are about to come in the future. Now should we be afraid of some things and make pre-release buffs/nerfs requests? Of course not, but to speculate in general, and in a respectful way like Sonic did there, it only makes sense and it is more then welcomed. The whole point of a hype for a game is to be excited for it, and when you are, you can express it by speculating things about it. Again it's only welcomed here.

haketh

Noob

Remember Fox's Secret High Tier Joker thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Because he isn't making a pre-release tier list really, I mean he only talked about like 7 characters or something. And he didn't put them in tiers either, like S, A etc. Just said who he predicted may be top tier or good competitively.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
On one hand, GG to the community on being able to recognize and point out hypocrisy!

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that a light-hearted speculation video has to blow up into people arguing about whether or not Sonic should be speculating about SOME (not even half) of the characters in the game.
I agree with the 2nd paragraph. But how is it hypocritical to not care about some random guys opinion and do care about arguably the best NRS player that has ever lived?

Basically, if Tom Brady (the real Brady not @Tom Brady) were to give his opinion on something related to football, perhaps a new rule or something, most would value his opinion. Especially in comparison to a couch quarterback giving his (or her) opinion.

This doesn't mean Tom Brady's opinion is more VALID, but maybe a little more credible. But it's not even about credibility, it's more about value. Value is subjective, it can only be subjective. That said, you're more likely to value an experts opinion than a non expert. Again, that doesn't mean Tom Brady or SonicFox's opinion(s) are right (an opinion is an opinion), just more interesting to listen to.

Even with all that said, if someone else were to (SERIOUSLY, as in not a satire) do a video just like this, I'd still watch it to hear their opinions. You know why? Because there's nothing else to fucking talk about right now other than speculations.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
What the majority of people here seems to want:

*yahooEsports approaches SonicFox to conduct an interview about his thoughts on an upcoming game, to spread awareness of the the game and gain insight from the most dominant NRS player of the past 4 years*

SonicFox responds: "nah man, I'm not gonna give speculative opinions on an upcoming game. If Bane players aren't allowed to complain about not having braindead oki anymore, I definitely shouldn't be allowed to give my opinion on what characters I'm interested in and who I'm guessing will be good. Get back to me in a year when I've labbed every MU in the game".

Why can't people just take it for what this is?
He's been asked to give his opinions on these characters and who he thinks will be good. He's not creating threads demanding buffs and nerfs, claiming MU numbers etc.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Each time I pick a char,let's say, CHAR X, that nobody is using, the day after:

NEW THREAD- REO's BEST TIPS NEW CHAR X BROKEN TECH
NEW THREAD - SONIC FOX WINS MAJOR WITH CHAR X
NEW THREAD - EVERYONE DEFINITIVELY PICKING UP CHAR X AND WINNING

Well fk this shit i quit.
SonicFox5000: Captain Cold, this is actually going to be my day 1 character that I try
...................10x

Status
Not open for further replies.