What's new

So, what truly is the WORST matchup in this game?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Does cassie have any horrible matchups? Off the top of my dome grandmaster may be a losing matchup but not by a lot. I feel she does horrible against zoners also.
You could just pick the one with the rockets vs Sub, that helps deal with clone in my exp

I don't think she does poorly against zoning either. Sh can duck and run in like anyone else. Of course if your experience is online i can symmpathize

Been playing Kotal Sun God mainly lately and really struggle with kenshi spamming and GM sub ... Especially with the glorious netcode

Kotal SG/BG vs GM is pretty bad. Once Sub gets you in the corner you just have to block all day.
Kotal with any variation vs HQT is pretty tough too.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
A-list vs HQT predator needs a lot of patience to get close to him.. in midrange, he "d4xxlow laser" all the time lol

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Ronin Takeda
Lasher Takeda
Unstoppable Jason
Warrior Predator
Dualist Liu Kang

really get his ass kicked by almost the roster

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
maybe cyber, but probably not cutthroat and for sure not commando. i as commando main consider this one of my worst matchups. liu can totally annihilate any knife zoning with low fireball and also dominates in the footsie game.
It's not that bad, around 4-6 imo. Straight ball his low shots, it goes over. Low parry is your friend up close. A good footsie tool against him I found to be air ball.

It's not that bad, around 4-6 imo. Straight ball his low shots, it goes over. Low parry is your friend up close. A good footsie tool against him I found to be air ball.
A lot of the time I feel LK players get caught by low parry because they don't know the match up. I've played some LK players more familiar with Commando who mix up their pokes to make parrying less of a read and more of a guess. As for straight ball and air ball, it's still in LK's favour full screen as a blocked low shot isn't punishable, but a blocked ball/air ball will cost you dearly. A good player will fire low shots to bait a ball and block it.

I agree it's not unwinnable, but I feel that all three LK's have the edge over Commando. Cyber can make things difficult full screen, and Cutthroat can be horrible in the corner, but even then LK's tools are better. Defending against LK is harder than defending against Kano. You mostly block low for both, but Kano needs to be right on top of you for his overhead to hit, where as LK doesn't have that problem and can nibble away at your health with a few well placed ones.