What's new

Question So what is peoples general opinion on the mkxl balance patch?

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
When I heard that F/T got the "Injustice Bane treatment" this isn't what I had in mind. :DOGE
It's still sort of shit though since it's a 19 frame Mid and without meter you won't extend it beyond about 20%. Being plus on block is sort of just good enough that I'm using it sometimes on oki for shits & giggles.

But on a serious note, I think Ruthless is the only one that got unnecessary buffs. It was balanced before the patch. Vicious and Lackey seem fair to me so far.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
as far as this patch goes, there was some good changes, but NRS basically catered to the whiners and made some terrible fucking changes as well as per usual

Tanya did not need nerfs especially after the universal changes

Why was Jax nerfed so heavily? We've barely even seen the character since release, he was strong but no where near OP

The one thing that needed to be fixed about Quan was his pseudo unblockables, and they fucking left it in, making it cost a meter doesn't make it any better at game design. Give him back all his old shit for fuck i care, just take rid of the fucking stupid 1 frame block links they ruin this game
That's actually a good question about Jax. I wonder what the justification was? His damage and b2 were apparently fine up until this most recent patch, what made them suddenly decide to change them now?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Tremor really isn't as bad as people are making out now lol
He is that bad. Try using him at a high level now. You literally have nothing to worry about now when playing a Tremor. Tremor is easily bottom 10 now, if you do not realize that yet, you will in time.

Aftershock is still solid, but all around Tremor possibly has the least amount of dirt in the game.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
And its pretty obvious by that video and this response you are butthurt as hell
Like I said, there's no point in taking any of your comments seriously or even start argument with someone like who clearly has no knowledge about the character in the first place. His OTG scaling with combos is laughable nerf that basically makes it useless as no one will spend a bar for 2-3% dmg. His up-rock / b33 armor breaker in the corner is EASILY avoidable (I take you don't even know how) with atleast 3 options. Now with ridiculous recovery and no ability to combo from it - it's completely useless and has to real point in trading projectiles. If they really wanted to balance it out they could have made it mid instead of overhead and adjust few frames here and there - but not in the way it is now.
you just do you and ill do me
Except you do nothing apart talking nonsense.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Like I said, there's no point in taking any of your comments seriously or even start argument with someone like who who clearly has no knowledge about the character in the first place. His OTG scaling with combos is laughable nerf that basically makes it useless as no one will spend a bar for 2-3% dmg. His up-rock / b33 armor breaker in the corner is EASILY avoidable (I take you don't even know how) with atleast 3 options. Now with ridiculous recovery and no ability to combo from it - it's completely useless and has to real point in trading projectiles. If they really wanted to balance it out they could have made it mid instead of overhead and adjust few frames here and there - but not in the way it is now.

Except you do nothing apart talking nonsense.
http://testyourmight.com/search/23060389/

look at your post history bro, its literally NOTHING but whining about Tremor

take your butthurt nerd rage elsewhere, I'm just as entitled to an opinion as you are. Learn from someone like @Perdition who has the exact same perspective as you, except knows how to deliver it without needing to rely on nothing but personal shots. Have a nice day.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
look at your post history bro
What whining are you even talking about lol? Btw your link doesn't even work.
take your butthurt nerd rage elsewhere
Except you look like the one who's butthurt because he refuses to swallow the facts as they are. Tremor is nowhere as good as he was, his nerf are laughable as could have been a lot better if NRS actually didn't listened to spoiled loosers like you who are too lazy to actually take their time and lab the character.
except knows how to deliver it without needing to rely on nothing but personal shots.
His OTG scaling with combos is laughable nerf that basically makes it useless as no one will spend a bar for 2-3% dmg. His up-rock / b33 armor breaker in the corner is EASILY avoidable (I take you don't even know how) with atleast 3 options. Now with ridiculous recovery and no ability to combo from it - it's completely useless and has to real point in trading projectiles. If they really wanted to balance it out they could have made it mid instead of overhead and adjust few frames here and there - but not in the way it is now.
In case you missed the part where I explained how his nerfs are ridiculous and even gave examples on how they could have balanced the character better.

Speaking of ignorance, lmao.

He is that bad. Try using him at a high level now. You literally have nothing to worry about now when playing a Tremor. Tremor is easily bottom 10 now, if you do not realize that yet, you will in time.

Aftershock is still solid, but all around Tremor possibly has the least amount of dirt in the game.
Yeah that's sad that the problem is that he has less dirt among the dirty characters. :)
However, watching the other nerfs I think there is less dirt overall in the game now. Which might be good or bad due to personal preferences.

Let's hear some positive feedback too: Ninjitsu got buffed and he has better tools now to play better. And got a bit dirt too for those who are not as honest.
Is he better than Tremor now? I wouldn't say for sure but I am sure Ninjitsu players are more positive than Tremor players. :)

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Except you look like the one who's butthurt because he refuses to swallow the facts as they are. Tremor is nowhere as good as he was, his nerf are laughable as could have been a lot better if NRS actually didn't listened to spoiled loosers like you who are too lazy to actually take their time and lab the character.
You are making a lot of assumptions. I never once asked for Tremor nerfs, I've never really said much about the character I thought he was fine, in fact you'll see here that I said he wasn't even top 20. I didn't say he was as good as he was last patch, all I said now was he isn't as bad as some people are making him out to be (aka "unplayable" which he definitely is not, he will just be a lower tier character, has to be someone), and you exploded with nerd rage and personal shots in response

In case you missed the part where I explained how his nerfs are ridiculous and even gave examples on how they could have balanced the character better.
yeah, after the personal shots and with a bunch more inside that post itself, not only does it do nothing to convince me of your perspective it thoroughly convinces me you are not someone to listen to

Just because someone has a different perspective is no need for all these baseless accusations ("you begged for tremor nerfs" "you've never even played the character" "you don't even know how to get out of his armor breaking" "you've never once taken the time to lab this character" etc), you just end up looking hothead and foolish to me as you are literally wrong on absolutely every account. Turn it down a notch buddy. And as always, go out and have a pleasant day :)

bevor we judge nerfs, many characters have been passive buffed by reducing the meterbuild on block and from multi-hitting moves. chars who could do that for continuous pressure like lao or tanya were the most dominant in the game. and with less meterbuild they will be much less of a problem for the midtier now.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Don't want to post, but whatever:

OTG Nerf was justifiable IMO, for everyone BUT Goro. OTG's should prevent wakeups but still allow the option to block it if its a guaranteed one. Not, I knock you down from a full combo and ADD 10-15% unblockable AND unbreakable damage. Anyone having an issue with the Nerf is obviously carried AF unless you're a Goro player since his wasn't a true OTG.

Jump in recovery still isn't anywhere near enough to trip guard mindless jumping.

INJP being more negative still doesn't give penalty to wakeup NJP(can't believe that's even a thing...)

Tanya got butchered, even her lesser variations. Totally uncalled for, AND I hated Tanya as much as everyone else because of how simplistic Kobu was, but IF TYM knew that the lab had existed AND IF TYM would put in the 5 minutes to learn how to option select, then they'd know how to fight against Kobu. But I guess the lab requires a secret code to access and only a select few had theirs already available on the disc -_____-

The fact that command grabs got buffed is retarded. Command grabs aren't supposed to connect on hit from a string FYI. That's WHY its called a command grab.

Why Shinnok got buffed is beyond me.

Why Demolition got buffed is beyond me. And no, getting damage normalized to STILL great meterless bnbs doesn't kill a character *cough*Kitana mains*cough.

Speaking of which, why Kitana received all the buffs that she did is beyond me. The fact that her mains felt she was incomplete before the patch despite Sonic placing and winning numerous times with her, speaks for itself.

Why Kano received a 2f overhead is beyond me.

Why Mileena's already unsafe, no mixup, 5f gap string became even more unsafe, is beyond me.

Why Grandmaster got buffed is beyond me. Oh wait, I forgot. I guess if you complain enough on every tourney stream that goes on, NRS will feel inclined to buff a character, regardless if they actually need it or not.

But I think what takes the cake, are JC and Jax players, to name a few, quite literally crying that they can't machine gun their normals AS MUCH as before. It must hurt to have to use your brain just a tiny bit for once, doesn't it?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
It's still sort of shit though since it's a 19 frame Mid and without meter you won't extend it beyond about 20%. Being plus on block is sort of just good enough that I'm using it sometimes on oki for shits & giggles.

But on a serious note, I think Ruthless is the only one that got unnecessary buffs. It was balanced before the patch. Vicious and Lackey seem fair to me so far.
Ruthless didn't get buffed unnecessary since 90% of tym thought that they were beyond shit tier:DOGE

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Tanya got butchered, even her lesser variations. Totally uncalled for, AND I hated Tanya as much as everyone else because of how simplistic Kobu was, but IF TYM knew that the lab had existed AND IF TYM would put in the 5 minutes to learn how to option select, then they'd know how to fight against Kobu. But I guess the lab requires a secret code to access and only a select few had theirs already available on the disc -_____-
I think it's about how lame Kobu was, not how overpowered it was. It frustrates me even watching other people play Kobu. I think playing it or playing against it actually makes you stupider. Crimson said it best in his patch notes "Tanya... Character now requires skill".

The fact that command grabs got buffed is (soap bar in my mouth). Command grabs aren't supposed to connect on hit from a string FYI. That's WHY its called a command grab.
Pretty sure it changes nothing though. To my knowledge no grappler will ever do it. I can say for certain F/T has absolutely no use for it. I don't understand why this was done either, but I don't think it's something to complain about because it's shit.

Pretty much agree with your other points.

boba_buster

Noob saibot

OTG Nerf was justifiable IMO, for everyone BUT Goro. OTG's should prevent wakeups but still allow the option to block it if its a guaranteed one. Not, I knock you down from a full combo and ADD 10-15% unblockable AND unbreakable damage. Anyone having an issue with the Nerf is obviously carried AF unless you're a Goro player since his wasn't a true OTG.

Jump in recovery still isn't anywhere near enough to trip guard mindless jumping.

INJP being more negative still doesn't give penalty to wakeup NJP(can't believe that's even a thing...)

The fact that command grabs got buffed is (soap bar in my mouth). Command grabs aren't supposed to connect on hit from a string FYI. That's WHY its called a command grab.

Why Demolition got buffed is beyond me. And no, getting damage normalized to STILL great meterless bnbs doesn't kill a character *cough*Kitana mains*cough.

Speaking of which, why Kitana received all the buffs that she did is beyond me. The fact that her mains felt she was incomplete before the patch despite Sonic placing and winning numerous times with her, speaks for itself.

Why Mileena's already unsafe, no mixup, 5f gap string became even more unsafe, is beyond me.

Why Grandmaster got buffed is beyond me. Oh wait, I forgot. I guess if you complain enough on every tourney stream that goes on, NRS will feel inclined to buff a character, regardless if they actually need it or not.

But I think what takes the cake, are JC and Jax players, to name a few, quite literally crying that they can't machine gun their normals AS MUCH as before. It must hurt to have to use your brain just a tiny bit for once, doesn't it?
I think the GM buff was just a given because they gave that low toss option it interacts led right? Or did I hear something wrong about interactables?

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer

YES, YES AND YES.
I agree with everything.

The cmd grab changes were unnecessary imo.

The JIP are still a bit broken but are significantly better know, I should say AA work more consistant now (maybe netcode though).
Blocked JIP still jail into 50/50 is annoying.

My Chars got buffed for the most part:

Kotal bloodgod expizza eats projectiles,

Erron marksman 4frames faster cmd grab
Better hit adv on some strings, wich is only really relevant to marksman I feel like.
And the nerf ex sand grenade being +6 instead of +7 and jump distance pushback on block.
7 frames d1, used to be 8 frames.

Jason unstoppable/relentless!!!!! too many to list, he is good now.

But most of changes are as you put it, beyond me.
JC is probably one of the strongest now, not counting the robots.

Edit: Almost forgot Tremor, I agree that something should have recieved some changes to the up rock, in a sense that they do less tracking and I'd be cool.
Chrystaline ex low shatter being -5 (?) is fair imo.

Last edited:

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
Right because sonicfox won with assassin

or are you talking about the mournful nerf?

I guess you could be talking about the 6f universal buff.

If your talking about assassin that would be funny. have fun fighting against a character that can actually use her variation ability for the first time ever

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Right because sonicfox won with assassin

or are you talking about the mournful nerf?

I guess you could be talking about the 6f universal buff.

If your talking about assassin that would be funny. have fun fighting against a character that can actually use her variation ability for the first time ever
At this game's point, it should be PRETTY obvious to everyone, that the variation system has become more or less pointless for a huge chunk of the roster. You have one very viable variation covering 90% or 100% of your MUs, and then another to either cover the few left, or its just AS viable and just different style.

Royal Storm was the former. The only thing Assassin needed was for the armor on her Strike to stay on. It didn't need faster startup on Sharpen and EX Sharpen AND longer duration. Seriously wtf? Are you guys that incapable of understanding the character that you NEED so many MORE buffs? Or how because ONLY 21~EX Sharpen is ONLY +10, that the buffs aren't as good as they could have been....Just because a character or variation doesn't play exactly how YOU want it to play, yet still has the tools, doesn't mean its in need of buffs every damn patch.

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
At this game's point, it should be PRETTY obvious to everyone, that the variation system has become more or less pointless for a huge chunk of the roster. You have one very viable variation covering 90% or 100% of your MUs, and then another to either cover the few left, or its just AS viable and just different style.

Royal Storm was the former. The only thing Assassin needed was for the armor on her Strike to stay on. It didn't need faster startup on Sharpen and EX Sharpen AND longer duration. Seriously wtf? Are you guys that incapable of understanding the character that you NEED so many MORE buffs? Or how because ONLY 21~EX Sharpen is ONLY +10, that the buffs aren't as good as they could have been....Just because a character or variation doesn't play exactly how YOU want it to play, yet still has the tools, doesn't mean its in need of buffs every damn patch.
I'm not going to lie, I didn't expect somebody who thinks jumping is OP to understand the game.

But think before you type.

since you actually are crying about assassin, lets just render your sonicfox moan mute.

So sharpen was fine at 74 f start up ...right crying that they normalized a 74 frame startup .....is that really the mountain you want to stand on?

the buffs aren't as good as they could have been. Lmao you're the only one the only person I've seen complain about her buffs so far.

Just because she dosen't play how I want her to play? right look ,buddy that's not how NRS want her to play ,that's why they changed it.According to your logic they should NEVER buff a character... just nerf jumps.......on Milenna.....