What's new

So what do you guys do when you hit a wall?

Haha this cracks me up. I love when people mock the play style of someone else because it makes it harder for them to do what they want.

Here is a secret, it is in your opponents best interest not to get damaged. So if you are throwing out t2 1 and he's punishing you for it, then he is playing smarter than you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
I used to hate it because its really pussy mode, but now I know how to play them I just get a life lead and IaF them so they get a cut of theyr own cake for playing like that, I respect Tom Brady for example but he plays like this alot and its horrible to watch I liked hes rush down subzero more, there are some people that like that kind of game play too, they are no way near the top in any tournament, so thanks god it doest pay off too well ;)

Espio

Kokomo
LOL Ragnar makes me giggle.

Whiff punishing and baiting out mistakes is smart, this reminds me of when people are mad at zoning, it's a style of play that works, not cowardly to play smart.

Why would someone take risks if they don't have to take risks?

The nerve of those people actually playing footsies...those cowards.

I like walking backwards. :cool:
OMG Rampage your sig gorgeous,love the overall design + the Texas flag, so amazingly designed.

Then I saw the quote and was....like dafuq lmao.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
If I didn't read the comments, I would've responded "This is how I try and get out of the corner.". Pretty much what Mattman said, I usually take a break and play a dtifferent game. Maybe one that isn't so competitive either, like Dead Space. Yet I still stay connected through TYM and videos.

TGIF.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Walking back "strategy" is cowardness on its finest
Walking back is one of the best footsie tools in the game. Making your opponent miss is just as good as forcing them to do something heavily punishable. Learning to deal with footsies and develop your own is the most important thing in this game along with knowing how to counter everything.

Walking back is one of the best footsie tools in the game. Making your opponent miss is just as good as forcing them to do something heavily punishable. Learning to deal with footsies and develop your own is the most important thing in this game along with knowing how to counter everything.
Your missing the point even I do step back every now and then if people is jump happy but not playing a full match this way thats what I call coward way of playing im just saying I "USED" to have problems whit this if I face a scrub that just goes 1 step forward 3 back 1 forward 3 back this is a lame play style, if used during a full match I will bite, gain life lead and turn on the spamm bot of IaFs once match is over I go and type on hes psn if u play like this thats what you get and ;) thats all so the stop using it all the time.

when it comes to specifically your wall, my advice is to use your ranged move, but off beat. Essentially don't spam the move, but use the fireball, then pause for half a second, then do it again. That'll mess up people who jump and avoid, and also force them to block more and thus stay still. Little by little you'll get a way in. If anything, do an EX move to blast through their stuff and get in their face.

Personally I'm running into a wall that's basically a cap of my skill. I'm not really getting the combos from online tutorials, it's rough, and i've only got 5 characters i'm mediocre with and the rest i'm just terrible at. I can beat the computer, but not a decent player and it's a real bummer. So what I do is I play the best people I can find and just watch them kick my ass and switch up approaches. At the moment I'm using Jax, and on a huge losing streak (except when I get matched against some unlucky noob (talking about versus on the vita)). It's embarrassing but humbling at the same time. You learn your place, since it's not like you're supposed to have high stats if you have a low level of skill, and get more patient.