What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Match-Up Chart

ryublaze

Noob
I may be wrong on Ermac. It's probably cuz my sparring partner mains Ermac Error. If Skarlet's on point with daggers then Ermac can't throw projectile or teleport. She can armor through his projectile and his high hitbox and lack of armor makes it easier for Skarlet to pressure him. Also Skarlet's 2nd dagger can interrupt Ermac trying to force push/lift you. Also don't quote me on this but I think Skarlet gets a free red dash mix-up after a blocked force push depending on the distance between Skarlet and Ermac.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I may be wrong on Ermac. It's probably cuz my sparring partner mains Ermac Error. If Skarlet's on point with daggers then Ermac can't throw projectile or teleport. She can armor through his projectile and his high hitbox and lack of armor makes it easier for Skarlet to pressure him. Also Skarlet's 2nd dagger can interrupt Ermac trying to force push/lift you. Also don't quote me on this but I think Skarlet gets a free red dash mix-up after a blocked force push depending on the distance between Skarlet and Ermac.
I dont have a ton of MU exp in this one. You might be right. Metzos...any thoughts? I'm conflicted

AssassiN

Noob
She does, Ermac is at -17. If he tries to do anything he will get hit by slide.

I think he can still jump if Skarlet tries to do any of the normal slashes, don't trust me on that one.

LEGEND

YES!
Maybe. I played Detroit in some games but we mostly did NW shang...and NW Shang is an even MU. If NW goes even then I'm SURE skarlet beats him. But I'd love more MU exp in this.
imo, 5-5 on the Smallest maps because of the corner. If shang hits her with a combo at any point she will half to deal with the corner being at her back and/or get stuck in Shang's ridiculous corner pressure

MU is Definitely in her favor midscreen, But since Midsreen fighting on those maps is less common than the corner (if you're playing it right) i believe that it evens things out a bit.

anyway, its how i approach the MU. It may not be 100% correct but i do have more success on Pit, Hell and Deadpool compared to the larger maps
-
Mosp is who i got most of my Skarlet experience from, just fyi

Skarlet tier list

Here is my tier list based on many many casuals at Raleigh, tournament exp., and a dash of theory and optimism. I still think she is super good.

Slight disadvantage
Kabal 4-6
Kenshi 4-6

These three could be bad MU...but I think they are even.
Freddy 5-5
Kung Lao 5-5
Kitana 5-5

Even MU
Ermac 5-5
Cage 5-5
Cyrax 5-5 (It would be 6-4 without bomb resets)
Sonya 5-5
Jax 5-5 (It would be 6-4 without corner infinite)
Raiden 5-5

Slight advantage
Sindel 6-4
Luis kang 6-4
Mileena 6-4
Smoke 6-4 (It would be 7-3 without bomb resets)
Shang 6-4
Rain 6-4
Csub 6-4
Quan chi 6-4

Large advantage
Scorp 7-3
Reptile 7-3
Jade 7-3
Noob 7-3
Sektor 7-3
Stryker 7-3
Baraka 7-3
Sheeva 7-3
Tombstone 7-3
Sub zero 7-3 (Could be 6-4)

Larger advantage
Kano 8-2
I encourage healthy discussion and am completely open to changing numbers granted we can work it out not just in theory but also in actual matches (enough online or even better offline).
Enjoy![/
Reptile and scorpion 7 3??????? scorpion 6 4 skar and reptile goes 5 5 with her. Also sonya beats skar 6 4 and liu goes even with her and cyrax 6 4 over skarlet.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Reptile and scorpion 7 3??????? scorpion 6 4 skar and reptile goes 5 5 with her. Also sonya beats skar 6 4 and liu goes even with her and cyrax 6 4 over skarlet.
reptile is most defiantly in her favor. Showtime as well as tyler lantern have both agreed to this i think and I'm very curious to here your thoughts on why its 5-5.

Scorp could be 6-4 her favor but he cant zone her and up close his pokes give her huge combo opportunities...I just dont see how its close.

Sonya is still up in the air and is debatable but she out zones her very easily and d4 ms wont work on scarlet. its very hard for her to get in because of iadd.

Cyrax (as broken as he is) could beat her. but the resets are the only reasons why imo.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I wish I'd had more time vs Sonya w Showtime - I think the mu could be 6-4 Skarlet due to armor and zoning advantages....would love to hear his thoughts.

but I wanna say one thing about all mu anything:

If zoning, specifically instant air bd's, are a major factor in Skarlet having advantage, then we need to add an asterisk to it. Yes, iabd's are good in what they offer, but there's two major drawbacks that must be considered:

1) iaBD's are the most difficult ia's to hit. Small size is trouble here. if Skarlet is zoning you, she doesn't want you in close. since iabd's can be whiffed easier than other ia's, this is problematic.
2). She can't trade with any projectile.

Zoning with Skarlet is potentially a big gamble. High barrier to entry here, skill-wise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I wish I'd had more time vs Sonya w Showtime - I think the mu could be 6-4 Skarlet due to armor and zoning advantages....would love to hear his thoughts.

but I wanna say one thing about all mu anything:

If zoning, specifically instant air bd's, are a major factor in Skarlet having advantage, then we need to add an asterisk to it. Yes, iabd's are good in what they offer, but there's two major drawbacks that must be considered:

1) iaBD's are the most difficult ia's to hit. Small size is trouble here. if Skarlet is zoning you, she doesn't want you in close. since iabd's can be whiffed easier than other ia's, this is problematic.
2). She can't trade with any projectile.

Zoning with Skarlet is potentially a big gamble. High barrier to entry here, skill-wise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Absolutely...this is my next big project and probably the topic of my next skarlet tactics vid...zoning. I am going to mess with how to use her daggers, eh daggers, blood ball etc. to effectively out zone and out maneuver her opponents.

I agree with you for sonya...people would have shit themselves If it put Skarlet favor so I left it at 5-5

reptile is most defiantly in her favor. Showtime as well as tyler lantern have both agreed to this i think and I'm very curious to here your thoughts on why its 5-5.

Scorp could be 6-4 her favor but he cant zone her and up close his pokes give her huge combo opportunities...I just dont see how its close.

Sonya is still up in the air and is debatable but she out zones her very easily and d4 ms wont work on scarlet. its very hard for her to get in because of iadd.

Cyrax (as broken as he is) could beat her. but the resets are the only reasons why imo.
For scorpion, i got it 6 4 bcuz I can still use d4 in footsies and she can't do her slide without getting burned. So she will have to approach, and iadd won't do no good bcuz i can tele. For cyrax, not only his resets, but the dmg he gets and skarlet can't trade with him or face a full reset. Also rax's d4 is very solid to keep skarlet out, and he can attack her just as well. The bombs will force her to move and that's an issue, and she can't really use meter much bcuz of the threat of the resets. Sonya wins bcuz her projectile will cause skarlet issues and sonya gets low, which will mess with skarlet's pressure game. D4 ms should work perfectly, u can inform me on why it isn't good vs skarlet. Now for reptile, my d4 will be troublesome for skarlet. Also i can easily bait armor with ex forceball, which will make them want to use armor, thus causing a waste in meter. Reptile gets low, which means her attack won't work as well. Iadd won't work bcuz of my forceball, and anytime i throw an ex slow forceball on the screen, skarlet will have to deal with it, which is free pressure for me.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
For scorpion, i got it 6 4 bcuz I can still use d4 in footsies and she can't do her slide without getting burned. So she will have to approach, and iadd won't do no good bcuz i can tele. For cyrax, not only his resets, but the dmg he gets and skarlet can't trade with him or face a full reset. Also rax's d4 is very solid to keep skarlet out, and he can attack her just as well. The bombs will force her to move and that's an issue, and she can't really use meter much bcuz of the threat of the resets. Sonya wins bcuz her projectile will cause skarlet issues and sonya gets low, which will mess with skarlet's pressure game. D4 ms should work perfectly, u can inform me on why it isn't good vs skarlet. Now for reptile, my d4 will be troublesome for skarlet. Also i can easily bait armor with ex forceball, which will make them want to use armor, thus causing a waste in meter. Reptile gets low, which means her attack won't work as well. Iadd won't work bcuz of my forceball, and anytime i throw an ex slow forceball on the screen, skarlet will have to deal with it, which is free pressure for me.
I can tell you havnt had much skarlet exp.

anytime reptile starts force balls skarlet can teleport on reaction before reptile can recover (if its ex he ends up losing a bar of meter...if he charges it LOL). He cannot stand full screen and zone whatsoever. She can d3 under ALL projectiles too allowing her to get off daggers to gain zoning advantage. eh dash upslash will hit through all eh forceball attempts also and she will get massive damage. daggers (when she is at zoning advantage) can be cancelled fast enough to keep him from being able to start throwing his own projectiles.

instant air down daggers are great for keeping people from d4ing there way in. This applies to every character including rep and sonya (which is why d4 ms wont work). He can try and dash in...but u3 considers her airborne making dash wiff as well as possibly catching him in the launcher (leads to 40+ damage). If dash is blocked she gets 21 rd upslash combo for more 40%+ damage. I dont see ANY way reptile can compete what so ever.

I can tell you havnt had much skarlet exp.

anytime reptile starts force balls skarlet can teleport on reaction before reptile can recover (if its ex he ends up losing a bar of meter...if he charges it LOL). He cannot stand full screen and zone whatsoever. She can d3 under ALL projectiles too allowing her to get off daggers to gain zoning advantage. eh dash upslash will hit through all eh forceball attempts also and she will get massive damage. daggers (when she is at zoning advantage) can be cancelled fast enough to keep him from being able to start throwing his own projectiles.

instant air down daggers are great for keeping people from d4ing there way in. This applies to every character including rep and sonya (which is why d4 ms wont work). He can try and dash in...but u3 considers her airborne making dash wiff as well as possibly catching him in the launcher (leads to 40+ damage). If dash is blocked she gets 21 rd upslash combo for more 40%+ damage. I dont see ANY way reptile can compete what so ever.
actually i played CD at evo after the tournament, and none of this stuff you are saying stopped me from doing what i wanted to do. You realize if i do a fast ex forceball, that if u try and do something, it will recover too fast, I have done this too many and will do the same still. You can't just zone reptile lol, he keeps u out the air with his forceballs. I dnt mind losing a bar with reptile bcuz he builds meter very fast. Also, getting close to you will not be hard at all, once u throw an air dagger and i block it, i'm dashing to close the distance. Her footsies won't mean anything due to the fact my d4 is not only safe, but long distance. Pls dnt downplay the ability of reptile, that is a mistake some make and they pay for it.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
i honestly think that Jade-Skarlet is *only* 4-6. Skarlet undoubtedly wins up close, but Jade can punish Skarlet hard, so it ends up being kind of a 1-1.5 screen footsie game.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
This is a huge jumble of low quality theory fighting. It's not even theory fighting - you present no objective analysis of tool vs tool.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
actually i played CD at evo after the tournament, and none of this stuff you are saying stopped me from doing what i wanted to do. You realize if i do a fast ex forceball, that if u try and do something, it will recover too fast, I have done this too many and will do the same still. You can't just zone reptile lol, he keeps u out the air with his forceballs. I dnt mind losing a bar with reptile bcuz he builds meter very fast. Also, getting close to you will not be hard at all, once u throw an air dagger and i block it, i'm dashing to close the distance. Her footsies won't mean anything due to the fact my d4 is not only safe, but long distance. Pls dnt downplay the ability of reptile, that is a mistake some make and they pay for it.
So your argument is based on CD at evo right?

Lol CD's skarlet at evo was a joke. He is a great guy and is much improved from then but he is still one of the weakest starlets in the community. I'm not talking about zoning with instant air daggers. I'm talking about standing dagge cancels. iAdd is only for when you are close enough for d4.

You need new skarlet knowledge my friend.

So your argument is based on CD at evo right?

Lol CD's skarlet at evo was a joke. He is a great guy and is much improved from then but he is still one of the weakest starlets in the community. I'm not talking about zoning with instant air daggers. I'm talking about standing dagge cancels. iAdd is only for when you are close enough for d4.

You need new skarlet knowledge my friend.
nah i know every char in the whole cast better than probably anyone, and you can tell that bcuz I can play 5 chars per tournament without trouble. You questioning my knowledge of a char is a mistake as well, just fight me and I'll show u exactly what i mean.

This is a huge jumble of low quality theory fighting. It's not even theory fighting - you present no objective analysis of tool vs tool.
low quality theory fighting? LMAO just stop it right there. I'm letting him know what chars can do in a matchup. If you think I dnt know what I'm talking about then idk what to say about that. Pls dnt try and act like I dnt know what I'm talking about, I obviously can't place high at majors without knowing how mus go and what to do at them LOL.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
nah i know every char in the whole cast better than probably anyone, and you can tell that bcuz I can play 5 chars per tournament without trouble. You questioning my knowledge of a char is a mistake as well, just fight me and I'll show u exactly what i mean.
No one is questioning your knowlege of YOUR characters. Don't get it twisted. Your posts make it seem as if you never played a skarlet before.

Your posts are just wrong (regarding skarlet vs reptile). Sorry dude.