What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Couldn't you just do 3 or 4 Levicancels and get the same, or even more meter instead?
Levi cancel takes forever to build meter I believe it takes over 30. So the air fireball is the simple faster way.

This is what I do.

@Dancock, I'm assuming that being interrupted before the second hit of 44 is when they duck block? I am pretty sure this is not possible if they stand block the first 4 because of the time it takes to go from stand to crouch.
I said if the first 4 is whiffed. And man I swear I have had it interrupted in-between when the first 4 hits a blocking foe.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Also FYI to everyone. I won't be updating first post on my work days only on my off days. I'm on my iPad and I wouldn't be able to edit the first post the way I'd want to.

Hopefully the sindel mods will be appointed soon. So it will get done.

So apparently with the new patch you can cancel 2 into scream. Good stuff!

Ex scream comes out hella fast. You can now cancel ex scream after mix ups thank goodness.

Sorry about the crap quality:(.
jump in punch, 3,1 ex scream, b+3, f+2, b+1 then 2, 4,4, far fb 36%

3,1 ex scream,b+3, f+2, 1, 1, 1, hair whip 31%

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Soooo I found that 1 and 3 both also cancel into enhanced scream....and 3,1,1 and f1,2,4 all connect to enhanced scream in the corner....sweet....

Delriach

Sindelly
Soooo I found that 1 and 3 both also cancel into enhanced scream....and 3,1,1 and f1,2,4 all connect to enhanced scream in the corner....sweet....
Yeah, I found out about 311 ex scream yesterday. Don't think I ever got around to posting it. Didn't even think about trying f12 4.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
havent had a chance to read some of the posts in this thread but i will get on top of that.

i added some topics of what we should discuss to the first post. let me know what topics i should remove or add to it.

side note ~ i just want to say im loving this little sindel community we have. its so nice that our character got this little buff :)

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
and if the 44 gets blocked you can:
44, fireball
44, grab
44, D4, step up or more 44 pressure
44, block - lol
i have a friend who does B2, 4, fireball if he thinks they'll jump and it works for him.
maybe xray will get them, even if they try to jump.

if it landed i would use 44, B1, 2, dash, 3, hair whip. or you can use xray for 40%! with the patch, i'm thinking 44, B1, 2, dash, 1, yell, jip, 2, 1, hair whip =]
Nice. I always tend to abuse the d4 to 44 over and over until they learn to duck for punishment haha, but when I see they are wise I usually go with the 11 string after 44 because it is more safe than her other moves.

What I do, very similar to yours if not identical.

d4,44,dash,grab
d4,44,111,projectile
d4,44,d4,step up
d4,44,d4,44,111

It just matters of how they are reacting with what I use. Yes I abuse d4 lol, but at least I don't do it 7 times in a row. I typically do it once followed by something. This is how I typically fend off teleporting characters. My other strategy against standing block is.

21,projectile
21,b24,projectile
21,yell(rarely lands, but if it does punish)this can easily be blocked then you will be destroyed haha.
21,hair whip
21,step up

I play very VEEERY simple, but I like to believe it's cautious and safe. The only time I go for bnb's is to punish ignorant stuff like teleporting, sliding, failed combo strings and such.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
After the patch, I was messing around with what combos to scream midscreen, she has a ton as you all know and have posted. I will list them:

2~scream
1~ex scream
3~ex scream
21~ex scream
44, 1~scream
44, b12, 1~scream
b12, ff~3~scream (you can do 31~scream but it doesn't end up doing any more damage and you have a risk of whiffing the 1)
b3f2, scream

She has SO many options now, but her normals are SO slow. I think that she would be better able to compete if she had some sort of horizontal air fireball through using EX (as I suggested in another thread... df+1+block does horizontal and far; df+3+block does far and close) and speed up the spartup of her 44 string.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
After a blocked 44 there is almost no reason why the opponent wouldn't do SOMETHING, ANYTHING on reaction. 44 grab is pretty much a guarantee'd way to get punched in the face. I consider myself lucky if someone doesn't punish it. 44 fireball is the best option because the opponent is likely to attack or move. Unless they are blocking they will get hit because it seems so random. And if they do block she's in a relatively ok position on screen. Not exactly perfect but it's better than being blatantly punished.

The problem with a lot of your tactics is that it relies on the other player being absolutely clueless. None of them are consistent and they don't leave Sindel in favorable positions. In some cases, it's the complete opposite. I would approach with caution.

Stealth edit :p

You would be surprised man! I don't think people know Sindle very well so they don't know what the hell is going on with 44 lol. Until people figure it out I will abuse d4,44,fireball haha.

Notes from Tom Brady's living guide for you;

212,step up and 21, step up is totally safe against everyone, but Kung Lao and Reptile. So step up is abusable against everyone, but those 2.
If you successfully land a d4, 44 cannot be interrupted.

Delriach

Sindelly
You would be surprised man! I don't think people know Sindle very well so they don't know what the hell is going on with 44 lol. Until people figure it out I will abuse d4,44,fireball haha.

Notes from Tom Brady's living guide for you;

212,step up and 21, step up is totally safe against everyone, but Kung Lao and Reptile. So step up is abusable against everyone, but those 2.
If you successfully land a d4, 44 cannot be interrupted.
Problem with Sindel is her moves tend to get beat out because they are so slow. Once people start to anticipate her best options it really starts to suck. When I fight someone like 16 bit, he knows she can't do crap in the corner. He'll make sure he avoids getting hit by a ex fireball or wakeup step up since those are her two reliable options. A whiffed step up sucks. As does a close range fireball :(

I guess I have to be careful with a lot of the things I say though. I face Johnny Cage often and his normals are so much faster than Sindels lol. Reptile is also a common enemy of mine so there's that bias too. They all know her 44 tricks for the most part. I tend to get kicked in the face unless I do a fireball after it.

What's the start up frames for d4 anyway? 12 right?

After the patch, I was messing around with what combos to scream midscreen, she has a ton as you all know and have posted. I will list them:

2~scream
1~ex scream
3~ex scream
21~ex scream
44, 1~scream
44, b12, 1~scream
b12, ff~3~scream (you can do 31~scream but it doesn't end up doing any more damage and you have a risk of whiffing the 1)
b3f2, scream

She has SO many options now, but her normals are SO slow. I think that she would be better able to compete if she had some sort of horizontal air fireball through using EX (as I suggested in another thread... df+1+block does horizontal and far; df+3+block does far and close) and speed up the spartup of her 44 string.
Yeah, I was just saying that right now. The best time to get anything done with Sindel is off a punish or jump in punch mixup. She gets stuffed so often.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Problem with Sindel is her moves tend to get beat out because they are so slow. Once people start to anticipate her best options it really starts to suck. When I fight someone like 16 bit, he knows she can't do crap in the corner. He'll make sure he avoids getting hit by a ex fireball or wakeup step up since those are her two reliable options. A whiffed step up sucks. As does a close range fireball :(

I guess I have to be careful with a lot of the things I say though. I face Johnny Cage often and his normals are so much faster than Sindels lol. Reptile is also a common enemy of mine so there's that bias too. They all know her 44 tricks for the most part. I tend to get kicked in the face unless I do a fireball after it.

What's the start up frames for d4 anyway? 12 right?

Yeah, I was just saying that right now. The best time to get anything done with Sindel is off a punish or jump in punch mixup. She gets stuffed so often.

Yes it's 12. I'd say just play cautiously against 16 bit if he is giving you trouble. I never played him, but I would like to :grr:....that's suppose to be a evil face btw it's the closest I got haha. Keep tabs on how he plays and blocks/reacts to you. Download him. If he is always expecting a 44 and is low blocking make sure to use step up. If he is neutral blocking I would say d4, into 1. The frame data is like 11 for a standing 1 so just mix it up a little. Abandon your strategy. We all get downloaded at some point :p

EDIT: I don't know how accurate this living guide is but I'll post Tb's frame data.
1-11
2-17
3-15
4-14
d1-6
d2-12
d3-7
d4-12
b1-16
b2-12
b3-27
b4-13
f1-15
f3-19
u3-16..same as u4. Her projectile and Step up seem to be her quickest special moves. That explains why I abuse them haha. I didn't know frame data existed in this game. :bs:

Husteen

Noob.
sindel's 44 is very good. hits mid, second fastest normal, has range from a little more than back dash distance, and just so you guys know 44 is 100% safe on block. if your 44 is blocked and you block they can't land an attack, unless it was a low you weren't ready for. it would be gold-like if it would hit players who randomly jump at her. it has to be either 0 or -1 on block. i've stuffed the AI kano's up ball with a blocked 44>D1 twice!
her 44 followups aren't guaranteed like cyrax's resets or quan chi's rune traps but they are options. that's why sindel isn't a gimmicky character.
FYI, i played dancock last night and grabbed him after a blocked 44 twice lol. then he started jumping so i had to do something else. you don't even have to dash. i even landed some of those resets using F1, 2 on him last night and he's been using sindel as long as we have. it's not that he's completely clueless as to what's going on. i don't think it's good for sindel to be a one trick pony, especially with something she uses as often as 44. i know you think 44 is unsafe on block because she remains airborne after the second knee but that's not true.
44 is just another way she can take her opponent's options away and punishing their mistakes.
i'm not sure who you're fighting but if a player cannot stay on the ground to save their life (jumper) then you have other options to take care of that as well. sometimes i do a LC to go for a grab that i haven't done in that match so far and they immediately jump. they were holding diagonal up during my combo instead of blocking like everyone else does. mashers totally ruined ssfiv for me but there's not much they can do in this game.

back to changes. i'm loving her B3 F2 yell punisher that racks up more damage than my previous one. her step up is no longer stuffed by down pokes or sweeps on her wakeup. but i think they forgot to change her scream assist :s
just in case anyone's wondering, that scream trap on mileena video i posted no longer works with sindel's scream buffs. the yell is too slow and the scream is too fast. shame =/

DanCock

Cock Master!!
You landed it a couple times in the early fights because I don't think it's a good tool. But that's just me. If you noticed later on you never landed them again on me.

Husteen

Noob.
it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's a good followup! you either blocked or tried to attack after and got grabbed.
i know you guys are appalled at 44 followups but i consider them to be one of sindel's strong points. 44 fireball is good to throw your opponent off but if it lands you don't get a combo and if it's blocked you're just at a safer distance.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's a good followup! you either blocked or tried to attack after and got grabbed.
i know you guys are appalled at 44 followups but i consider them to be one of sindel's strong points. 44 fireball is good to throw your opponent off but if it lands you don't get a combo and if it's blocked you're just at a safer distance.
Ashamed???? Wtf :confused: you landed it in like the first 2 matches then never again. Every time you tried something after you got nothing and allowed me to get back my space.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
If you do the 4,4 fireball you allow yourself a 33/33/33 shot at hitting something or chip damage.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
44 is ok untill they recognize it then it extremely punishable. i use it to catch people off guard only. Also her f3 cancel into low firball is a nice tool to catch people off guard. Even with the patch keep away is still her best option due to her slow normals. Also, has anyone else had her EX low fireball wakeup armor not work randomly? I have been having that problem where it would work in one situation and then in the exact same circumstance not work and i get hit.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm just trying to point out that 44 doesn't cause any block stun. Her foe can d1 with her. It seems like it neutral on block if you ask me so it's good but not game breaking frame trap stuff.

Husteen

Noob.
when do you use F3? that's like one of her worst normals =/ it is funny to use F3 and then connect a hair whip, though XD

Urichinan

@Urichinan
4,4 is an okay normal, it can be punished, but it's still useful. I don't normally try to follow it up because it can be stuffed, so I tend to just block afterwards. f+3 is also nice, but it's really slow and isn't very safe. I like that it knocks them so far away, it sets up for zoning really nice. It can be okay as an anti-air SOMETIMES, but it's completely unreliable.

Husteen

Noob.
i still think it would be better if she could cancel specials of her 4. it would make some of her combos easier and she wouldn't have to dash so much.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i still think it would be better if she could cancel specials of her 4. it would make some of her combos easier and she wouldn't have to dash so much.
Hell yea that would be very fucking awesome, and would remove her from bottom tier in the game.

Husteen

Noob.
it definitely is getting harder for her since NRS are giving away armor like it's dirt but i don't think she's bottom tier.
i feel like the damage she's getting from her new scream combos make up for her slow normals. if her opponent makes a lot of mistakes then they're dead but if they don't she still has a chance.