What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

Delriach

Sindelly
F1, 2 staggers them some and the timing is perfect to do a forward dash into grab. if you grab too fast it will actually whiff because they're still staggered so that's how long they're helpless. i don't think it's enough time for sindel to get a safe jump but no one's gonna know right away to block low after they get hit my that. that's why 2, 1, LC>grab & F1, 2, dash>grab are both viable grab setups.
F1, 2 also sets the opponent at the perfect distance for a sweep.
B3, F2, dash, 3, yell, jip, F1, 2, jip, 2, 1, hair whip is a possible reset because it will get them whether they block high or low. just don't use on jumpers.
I wouldn't say they're helpless after a F12. They can still block unless you cancel it into a special. The jp after a F12 is also very very risky. I'm pretty sure the opponent has enough time to do a jump punch/kick. You might end up being in a very unfavorable position depending which anti air they use. It would spell the end for Sindel if Cage did an anti air and followed up with a mixup after a nutpunch.

I don't really think it can count as a reset unless you just literally mean you're doing a new combo or something.

and if the 44 gets blocked you can:
44, fireball
44, grab
44, D4, step up or more 44 pressure
44, block - lol
i have a friend who does B2, 4, fireball if he thinks they'll jump and it works for him.
maybe xray will get them, even if they try to jump.

if it landed i would use 44, B1, 2, dash, 3, hair whip. or you can use xray for 40%! with the patch, i'm thinking 44, B1, 2, dash, 1, yell, jip, 2, 1, hair whip =]
44 is NOT safe on block is it? You can't just do a 44 grab because you can get hit before she even has a chance. The only way to make that move more safe is to do a 44, fireball. That puts her further away from the opponent and gives her more of a chance.

Edit: According to Sao, Sindel has enough advantage after a 44 to do a d1. I find that interesting.

If you do 44 d4 and the opponent blocks low she can get hit before you can even do another 44. It's not at all a reliable way to pressure someone unless they don't know how to block and react accordingly. It's not like it's a tricky block string (like 21 cartwheel) that's difficult to fuzzy guard. You can see every move coming a mile away.

Husteen

Noob.
sindel still has that element of uncertainty because people don't know her/haven't seen her used. for the people who have a lack of knowledge about her, F1, 2, jip could work. it's not a guarantee but if you're in the lead or want to take a chance for extra damage, you can.
44>grab works if you've used 44>fireball in the match already. other than that, start using D4, dash>grab when the opponent knows either a 44 or step up is coming.

Delriach

Sindelly
sindel still has that element of uncertainty because people don't know her/haven't seen her used. for the people who have a lack of knowledge about her, F1, 2, jip could work. it's not a guarantee but if you're in the lead or want to take a chance for extra damage, you can.
44>grab works if you've used 44>fireball in the match already. other than that, start using D4, dash>grab when the opponent knows either a 44 or step up is coming.
After a blocked 44 there is almost no reason why the opponent wouldn't do SOMETHING, ANYTHING on reaction. 44 grab is pretty much a guarantee'd way to get punched in the face. I consider myself lucky if someone doesn't punish it. 44 fireball is the best option because the opponent is likely to attack or move. Unless they are blocking they will get hit because it seems so random. And if they do block she's in a relatively ok position on screen. Not exactly perfect but it's better than being blatantly punished.

The problem with a lot of your tactics is that it relies on the other player being absolutely clueless. None of them are consistent and they don't leave Sindel in favorable positions. In some cases, it's the complete opposite. I would approach with caution.

Stealth edit :p

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
]the only thing i ever consider doing after a blocked 4 4 if not a fireball is d1~Step Up. even then its risky since that stupid unblocking advantage-disadvatage crap may let the opponent overcome sindel or jump away. i precede this with 2 1~LCancel and you can see how that in of itself is a risk. against adept players sindel cant really keep any sort of pressure.

i tried doing: b3 f2;3~yell;jip f1 2~LC into a grab against a friend (who is a very good player) and it failed. i was poked.
i also tried follwing it another time with 4 4 and it hit him while he was airborne (he tried jumping) and all i could get was a follow-up d4~step up for 17%.

none of these are guaranteed "resets" and are too risky for me

Delriach

Sindelly
]the only thing i ever consider doing after a blocked 4 4 if not a fireball is d1~Step Up. even then its risky since that stupid unblocking advantage-disadvatage crap may let the opponent overcome sindel or jump away. i precede this with 2 1~LCancel and you can see how that in of itself is a risk. against adept players sindel cant really keep any sort of pressure.

i tried doing: b3 f2;3~yell;jip f1 2~LC into a grab against a friend (who is a very good player) and it failed. i was poked.
i also tried follwing it another time with 4 4 and it hit him while he was airborne (he tried jumping) and all i could get was a follow-up d4~step up for 17%.

none of these are guaranteed "resets" and are too risky for me
I went through a few phases of disappointment when I learned she couldn't do any reset without taking a stupid risk. I tried doing this corner combo: jip 31b2, U4, 1, db2 (or ex), 31... reset to d1 grab. Doesn't exactly work but looks cool! I also thought about ending it with d1 step up but if they are blocking high it's pointless.

I also tried: jip, b3f2, dash, 31, db2, jip, 31, dash d1, grab. Problem with that is I kept getting a low fireball. I don't think it'll even work if I even attempt a grab. The opponent can just jump to safety after the d3 v_V

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I went through a few phases of disappointment when I learned she couldn't do any reset without taking a stupid risk. I tried doing this corner combo: jip 31b2, U4, 1, db2 (or ex), 31... reset to d1 grab. Doesn't exactly work but looks cool! I also thought about ending it with d1 step up but if they are blocking high it's pointless.

I also tried: jip, b3f2, dash, 31, db2, jip, 31, dash d1, grab. Problem with that is I kept getting a low fireball. I don't think it'll even work if I even attempt a grab. The opponent can just jump to safety after the d3 v_V
i suppose i need to condition my opponent to expect an attack after the 31(like linked Special or b2 for example). then the next time i would instead LC after the 31 and go in for the d1~grab to perhaps reduce the chance that hes expecting a cancel

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I think you can do the grab before getting hit in that situation actually.
i'll have to try to be sure. but it might be.also i posted this in another thread:
since i was compelled to explore the stunning properties of her f1 2 i realized how much more up to par she would be if f1 2 provided the same amount of hitstun as kitana's cutter for example. she could get a safe jump into jip~mix up of any choosing and possibly continue to end it with f1 2 until the opponent choses correctly (kind of like Quan Chi's shenanigans with his teleport hitstun) its basic but would be very effective since sindel has nothing (btw why oh WHY does kitana have a stunning attack like that but sindel doesnt? smh)

we should have asked for that in this patch X( i doubt we'll ever get it now
wouldnt having that kind of hitstun off of f1 2 work miracles for sindel?

Delriach

Sindelly
i'll have to try to be sure. but it might be.also i posted this in another thread:

wouldnt having that kind of hitstun off of f1 2 work miracles for sindel?
That would be so awesome.

I tried doing the levi cancel after the 31. I think the other player can still jump out in time. I set the AI to jump automatically and I did manage to land a grab a few times but it didn't seem consistent T_T. Not sure if it's worth the risk for a few % more of damage. You can normally just end that combo with a 31b2 d1 low fireball for 40%. Sadness.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
yea trying to come up with sindel tech but realizing it just wont work like anyone else's set-ups is making me depressed :(

i think the opponent can jump if they anticipate the grab following the 3 1. like youve said: its inconsistent

Urichinan

@Urichinan
yea trying to come up with sindel tech but realizing it just wont work like anyone else's set-ups is making me depressed :(

i think the opponent can jump if they anticipate the grab following the 3 1. like youve said: its inconsistent
Did you guys test around with 3,1,1 Telecancel? That has more hitstun doesn't it? Maybe we can get some better frame traps off of that.

EDIT: Oh, never mind, you guys were talking about resets. Still though, frame traps are still great. :3

I want to mess around with JIP > 2,1 > Levicancel, they're kind of stunned a bit after the 2,1, perhaps we'll be able to reset pressure or get some good mixups.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
You know when I use 44 I always follow it up with the air fireball. It leaves sindel at a safe distance to where she can now do a 50/50 or scream safely. Seems to always catch my foes. And the 44 fireball conditions them to always block the 44. I don't use the 44 d1 stuff mainly due to always wanting to be at a safe distance at all times. People tend to always jump after 44 fireball so catching them with the scream after happens more often then not.

Idk I just never feel safe doing d1 after a blocked 4,4.

3,1,1 ~ flight cancel is probably her best kind of frame trap. She just doesn't have anything other then d1 that's fast enough to really be a frame trap like cage for instance.
I do like that the flight cancel stops the push off and keeps sindel in her foes face.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I want to mess around with JIP > 2,1 > Levicancel, they're kind of stunned a bit after the 2,1, perhaps we'll be able to reset pressure or get some good mixups.
we've covered that (2 1~LCancel) in the previous threads

EDIT:
I first ascertain whether my opponent likes to jump/poke. if i expect them not to anticipate the LeviCancel(LC); i'll 2 1~LC off a JiP and quickly follow with 4 4. if they try to jump the 4 4 will catch them off the air and you can d4~Step Up. if 4 4 is blocked Sindel is at sufficient advantage to follow with d1~step up. conversely; you can dash and grab after the LC. or even go for another 2 1~Step Up/LowFB. or even attempt another LC which i doubt will be successful consecutively.

its not guaranteed though so you really have to measure your opponent before attempting a 2 1~LC. otherwise it can be kind of effective (to an extent)

Delriach

Sindelly
we've covered that (2 1~LCancel) in the previous threads

EDIT:
I first ascertain whether my opponent likes to jump/poke. if i expect them not to anticipate the LeviCancel(LC); i'll 2 1~LC off a JiP and quickly follow with 4 4. if they try to jump the 4 4 will catch them off the air and you can d4~Step Up. if 4 4 is blocked Sindel is at sufficient advantage to follow with d1~step up. conversely; you can dash and grab after the LC. or even go for another 2 1~Step Up/LowFB. or even attempt another LC which i doubt will be successful consecutively.

its not guaranteed though so you really have to measure your opponent before attempting a 2 1~LC. otherwise it can be kind of effective (to an extent)
I'm still amazed that Sindel can do a d1 after a 44. It doesn't feel like that should be safe at all. I messed with it earlier in training. I could get used to this. I still feel like I should do 44 fireball to put myself at a safer distance though.

I really wish Sindel had more usage of her jump fireballs kinda like Kabal. It would be nice if she could combo off of them without any glitches or anything that will get patched later.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The fact that 44 is safe at all is a Godsend. Her normals are as slow as hell, she kind of needs this.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I'm still amazed that Sindel can do a d1 after a 44. It doesn't feel like that should be safe at all. I messed with it earlier in training. I could get used to this. I still feel like I should do 44 fireball to put myself at a safer distance though.
ive actually been following a blocked 4 4 with d1 since i initially played sindel (since release) but thats only because it felt instinctual. i noticed the d1 would stuff my opponent's attacks so i assumed that 4 4 had slight advantage. i suppose youve simply made it a reactionary instinct to follow 4 4 with a fireball. but i assure you; ive stuffed Kung Lao's spin with a d1 preceded by 4 4

Delriach

Sindelly
ive actually been following a blocked 4 4 with d1 since i initially played sindel (since release) but thats only because it felt instinctual. i noticed the d1 would stuff my opponent's attacks so i assumed that 4 4 had slight advantage. i suppose youve simply made it a reactionary instinct to follow 4 4 with a fireball. but i assure you; ive stuffed Kung Lao's spin with a d1 preceded by 4 4
Oddly enough, I know ive done a d1 after it too. Just figured I got lucky and hit them out of a move that wasn't quick enough. I know I've been hit by kitana's d1 after too but I must have been doing something to get hit I guess. Maybe I was jumping back and didn't realize it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
that second 4 can be low poked/uppercutted out of if the first 4 is whiffed. and watch out for 6 frame attacks after 44.

something i do to build a little meter after a scream hits i jump high up and do :fp air fireball then land and continue combo. it builds a little meter but i do that instead of the JIP for 3%. if your fast enough you can add a flight cancel for meter gain.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
that second 4 can be low poked/uppercutted out of if the first 4 is whiffed. and watch out for 6 frame attacks after 44.

something i do to build a little meter after a scream hits i jump high up and do :fp air fireball then land and continue combo. it builds a little meter but i do that instead of the JIP for 3%. if your fast enough you can add a flight cancel for meter gain.
Couldn't you just do 3 or 4 Levicancels and get the same, or even more meter instead?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Couldn't you just do 3 or 4 Levicancels and get the same, or even more meter instead?
This is what I do.

@Dancock, I'm assuming that being interrupted before the second hit of 44 is when they duck block? I am pretty sure this is not possible if they stand block the first 4 because of the time it takes to go from stand to crouch.