Should command grabs be unblockable?

• Yes

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
So as far as I know Injustice was the first NRS game to have proper command throws (despite grab immune frames) that couldn't be blocked. In MK9 command throws such as Kano's choke and Sheeva's grab'n'punch were blockable but roughly neutral on block.

So would you like to see them in MK10 or should they stay in Injustice along with back to block?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
what you need to think about is that if MK10 has a block button it will be a lot easier to Command grab people. in most other fighting games that i know of grabs like this had pretty fast start up but short range (except bane lol) and no block button to restrict movement, so you can move back and forth or jump on reaction. with block button it would be pretty dumb unless they are all high's.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I vote no, only b/c I still have no idea how to get out of Grundy's grab setups or whatever. If someone could shine light on how to defeat that... would change my vote. haha

Espio

Kokomo
Well technically unblockable command grabs were in MK9 (See Cyrax and Sheeva's low grab), but for some reason that was more the exception than the rule lol.

I'd like to see them in MK10.

i played cyrax in mk9 until they nerfed the "command grab" to worse than it started. that coincided with although was not the only cause of me dropping that game

187x

Noob
i played cyrax in mk9 until they nerfed the "command grab" to worse than it started. that coincided with although was not the only cause of me dropping that game
his command grab had to be nerfed. Its still very dumb. character kills you when he touches you and also has a command grab sounds fair:DOGE

Last edited:
I don't know how much you followed MK9's meta, but there was a big reason for why that needed to go.
well i was developing some of the tech at the time, so, yep. he was a fun, interesting, and poorly designed character. but presumably they've learned more about character design through mk9 and especially igau, which manages to have some really fun and crazy stuff even while keeping things pretty well balanced. i hope they'll figure out a way to include command grabs in 10.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I'd go one step further and make unblockable throws unable to be absorbed by armored attacks, this includes universal throws. LBSH, ARMORED attacks cant be THROWN because why?

Yes I get that it's a video game so moving on to the gameplay side of things, I believe grapplers would be much more threatening than they are now, aside from Bane who is more of a tank than anything. In Injustice, Grapplers don't have extra health to combat zoning and take risks, the damage they do are on par with non grapplers, despite being on the slow side as well. Make their grabs scary.

Last edited: