Should Jump Attacks be Normalized

• Yes

Votes: 80 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 32.8%

• Total voters

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
It's fine guys. Just level up your spacing, footsies and trip guard ability. I'm even starting to run under the jump ins sometimes and it's only month 3.

Way too early to change game play mechanics around
You say that because you are all around that rush down, you like being up close pressing buttons non stop, and you hate projectile zoning and defensive play in general lol.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I feel that the jump kick priority was intentional. Like in MK9 it was used in a triangle system. Jump punches led into combos but could be anti aired with uppercut/armor/normal jabs. While jump kicks wouldn't lead into much (unless it was a deep jump kick) but it was the counter to anti airing.
Not really. This only worked on cross-ups. Jiks in MK9 could easily be antiaired if they weren't cross-ups. Jumping attacks are sick in MKX though.

Wigy

There it is...
For MKX to have mk9 level anti air you would have to rape all jumping normals and then there would be no jumping at all. The only fail safe way to anti air is to have a good armored move that can anti air. People need to air to air more. I know that some jumping normals have crazy good hitboxes but they will lose the trade if they try to aim it towards a grounded opponent(a jump in), if you the other player time and aim it towards an aerial opponent.
Certain A2A JIPs will get completely stuffed even on read. JC's JIP has a horrific t rex hitbox if i try to air to air kotal he can hit me before im even vaguely in range.

Even if they just reduce active frames and get rid of ghost hitboxes. Kotals JIP might as well be a divekick in its current state.

A number of times i'll used cassies ex cartwheel Its armoured the hit from kotals JIP and not hit him. That says a lot about The relative hit/hurt boxes.

In its current state the whole meta around jumping is scrubby as fuck

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
This is my one and only complaint with MKX right now. I main Kotal and Scorpion. I know how good Kotal's JIP and Scorp's JIK is and it's pretty dumb. Even if you READ the jump in and D2, at best you'll trade 50% of the time. Forget about actually trying to AA it on reaction. Either jump-in attacks need active frames/priority reduced or at LEAST D2's need their upper hurtbox substantially lowered.

If this were changed then MKX would be nearly perfect.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think they are fine the way it is. It's not breaking the game and just because you think something is scrubby doesn't mean it is. In fact, it means in a way that your mentality is scrubby because you think you know how fighting games are "supposed" to play.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
It's fine guys. Just level up your spacing, footsies and trip guard ability. I'm even starting to run under the jump ins sometimes and it's only month 3.

Way too early to change game play mechanics around
But surely as your opponents level up their spacing then it'll be even harder to anti-air their jump ins.

Not even Injustice was this bad because at least when your D2 did work, you got a good 25% meterless from it. In MKX, at best you get 14% - likely with a trade meterless. What harm could universally buffing anti-airs do to the game?

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
I see a lot of "MK9 had it perfect comments" ... yet I feel it is so much harder to jump in in MKX and if you don't time it perfectly the move doesn't come out ... esp on cross over jumps. I think many people are misguided and just like to complain.

I will say if you use a character that doesn't have great anti air options... maybe some kind of buff is good for that specific character.

All characters have back dash and NJP though. Spacing is your friend. If an opponent is constantly jumping in on you I feel you lost the spacing war already anyway.

Do u guys even consider the dude whos doing a jip also knows hes spacing? u will fail to backdash or tripguard strong jumpins like kotals, sonyas or kung laos if they space it right. BUT there is a magic spot upclose from which any jump in attempt will just whiff so either NRS thaught about this or its just a coincidence.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Yes but you know this game is cater to casual and casuals love jumping around. If they start getting punished for it they will rage and hate the game.

Why this game stays scrub friendly. NRs doesn't wanna risk it.
Totally agree on that. But in order to learn the game they should eat the aa so they learn that jumping like a frog is dangerous (or at least was :/)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Do u guys even consider the dude whos doing a jip also knows hes spacing? u will fail to backdash or tripguard strong jumpins like kotals, sonyas or kung laos if they space it right. BUT there is a magic spot upclose from which any jump in attempt will just whiff so either NRS thaught about this or its just a coincidence.
Yes you have to out space your opponent to punish.....what is wrong with that? That's how whiff punishing anything works. You don't just get to do it for free.

Certain characters need good jump ins. I'd say if they can be easily kept out than they deserve it. I would like my ex anti air and uppercut not to trade with jump in kicks though...
Kotal.

Yes you have to out space your opponent to punish.....what is wrong with that? That's how whiff punishing anything works. You don't just get to do it for free.
What i was saying is if the opponent spaces hes jumpin right u can't punish it.
With jip like kotal kahns or Kung laos u must atleast be 3-4 characters lenght away to whiff punish that shouldn't be the case with jump ins with their phantom hitboxes and huge active frames.

i guess many people here are forgetting to ask themself the most important question here.

would mkx be a better game if jump attacks lose priority?
i bet a lot of players who voted no will agree that mkx would be a better game if jump attacks lose some of their priority.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
What i was saying is if the opponent spaces hes jumpin right u can't punish it.
With jip like kotal kahns or Kung laos u must atleast be 3-4 characters lenght away to whiff punish that shouldn't be the case with jump ins with their phantom hitboxes and huge active frames.
In general I am against phantom hitboxes just because I think it's a stupid thing to have - you should be able to see what the move actually does. However, characters are allowed to have good tools. Just because it is a jump attack doesn't mean it is any less legitimate of a footsie tool so the fact that it is hard to out space is fine. If a character is getting destroyed by jump ins then maybe they should look at that specific character's AA options but let characters keep their dirt.

Today I played ranked against a guy (400/70). He was literally only jumping and kicking, when I tried to zone, he used low minion+uppercut. Scorpions jik should be nerfed imo. Just because the netcode is so bad

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
There's a lot of good ways to AA in this game, some for good damage like reptiles EX claw. Trip guard is also pretty important.