What's new

Shooting In CONN At least 20 dead, Ten children

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying things haven't happened in the past that are truly fucked up, I mean look at the Holocaust for Christ's sake. The fact that we are now well aware of what is going on around the world and yet still things stay the same or get worse is the worrying thing.

Also, please don't comment on my perspective, I had friends in the Colorado incident so I don't take these things lightly.
I wasn't criticizing your perspective.

I'm just saying, that saying things like "No denying that." like it's only just now going to hell. Is a bit much.

But I digress because you yourself brought up historic examples.

So we're in agreement anyways.

----
I don't agree about mayan's though.

CRUM

Noob
They Mayans didn't predict shit. They were just good at counting. We have nuclear weapons. If we wanted to blow up the world we could do it any time we wanted to. How come the Mayans or Nostradamus never predicted shit like the Paris Hilton sex tape, furby, or the McRib? Anyone can make predictions about general things: wars, end of the world, plagues....
Going off of this. The Mayans didn't predict a doomsday. That's a fact that people consistently fuck up. The 21st is the end of the long count calendar. And just as every calendar ends, a new cycle begins. Dates passed the 21st have been discovered in ancient temples. THE MAYANS NEVER PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD. Social media and fuckin terrible scumbags did. The movie "2012" predicted the end of the world. The Mayans are readying for a celebration on the 21st and we have morons who actually believe that this world is just going to up and vanish on ONE SINGLE DAY. Where is the fuckin logic? A planet called Nibiru? Solar flares? Natural disasters? Gimme a break.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I actually am playing borderlands right now just because this is stressing me out so much.

Video Games and Media are percieved differently by different people. If you cannot discern reality from fantasy, then you should not play violent video games. Others of us actually play them because it is a way to unleash pent up anger and frustration about what the world is becoming on fake characters on a TV screen, not real people.

Not arguing an agenda here, just putting it out there.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
What you say is true the world has always been like this the only difference is now we are in an age were this shit gets caught on tape or something but it has always been this fucked up and in some era's it was far worse we just have it flaunted in our faces now through the media so it seems worse now.
Thank-you. Every time something like this happens people proclaim this to be the "worst generation" that has produced unprecedented numbers of atrocities. The fact is that violent acts have always been prevalent in the United States, in fact, more so than they are today. Instead of pretending like we are dealing with something new and horrible we have to realize that these are old problems, problems that will not be solved unless we consider them alongside other atrocious acts. It is an awful incident, but it is not unprecedented.

Man, isn't the whole Myan thing wrong? They didn't predict the end of the world, they predicted I think a great change upon the world as we know it. How the fuck is that interpreted as the world ending.

It's like stupid people trying to turn everything into a trend they can follow.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Man, isn't the whole Myan thing wrong? They didn't predict the end of the world, they predicted I think a great change upon the world as we know it. How the fuck is that interpreted as the world ending.

It's like stupid people trying to turn everything into a trend.
Lets keep things real here everyone talks about the mayans like they were this great empire but lets look at facts.... they removed the hearts from ppl and ate them in the name of their "religion" and on top of that if they captured a rival leader they engaged in a 1 v 1 fight to the death and the victor skinned the loser and wore his skin over his for a time and then his family would eat the skin to "absorb" his power and essence...... they sound dumb as shit to me.

Thank-you. Every time something like this happens people proclaim this to be the "worst generation" that has produced unprecedented numbers of atrocities. The fact is that violent acts have always been prevalent in the United States, in fact, more so than they are today. Instead of pretending like we are dealing with something new and horrible we have to realize that these are old problems, problems that will not be solved unless we consider them alongside other atrocious acts. It is an awful incident, but it is not unprecedented.

To add to this, people also don't take ratio into factor. And population can play a roll in how often these things happen.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
My point is don't put faith in the words of ancient man because on the scale of things they were highly uneducated. Facts to this are at one point man thought the world was flat so that alone puts to ? anything said by men about the world before the time we realized it wasn't flat. another fact some ppl today still call native americans Indians because some dumb english guy sailed here thinking it was India and called them all indians. The mayans made predictions about things based on what they knew of the world around them at that time it really holds no bearing on the world today cause we know so much more than they did about it. If the world was going to end this year trust me we would know already for sure. Your right there is no one way to live life but I like to believe that regardless of what life you live skinning another man and wearing his flesh is the wrong way to be living.

But why the fuck would you take it out on five year olds??? I dont fucking get it at all.
Nobody will know for certain for awhile.

My guess is that he hated everything about her and saw the kids as another reason to hate her. So basically he didn't see the kids for themselves but rather a product of his mom.

GhosT

Noob
I just heard that assualt Rifle he used was legally registered to his mom. WHAT THE FUCK. Owning a gun to protect your home is one thing. Owning semi-automatic weapons is another. That's fucking insane.
A semi automatic weapon means it shoots with each squeeze on the trigger. You are thinking of fully automatics, which are indeed banned to most citizens.

Killers don't see their targets as anything, they're mere objects.

EDIT: Also, the more you stop trying to make sense of it, the less questions you'll have. Some people are just fucked up, that's it.

Nah I think Zoidberg is right to "ask"

You can't solve anything w/o atleast trying to find the motive/reasoning.

Not saying any reason is ever justified for killing someone.

but knowing the reason is never bad if you can truly isolate it. and possibly work to eliminate or minimize it.

Knowledge is power, and that power can be used to prevent future problems.

not just shrug it off and be like "Some people are just messed up"

I agree that is the case sometimes, but you gotta ask the questions each time.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You can ask IMO, don't try to find a super in depth answer is what I meant.
Believe me, I know there is no central reasoning. It was just me expressing disbelief, because I dont think I could ever understand stuff like this.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Nothing is surprising if you're familiar with human history, especially American history. We are selfish, and on average we do not care about each other. It's 2012, and nearly every developed country in the world has some form of single payer healthcare system, or affordable healthcare system except for America. We kick little kids with cancer off of their health insurance just to save money, and demonize anyone who tries to fix the problem. The family members, survivors and surviving children of this tragedy will need mental therapy and medical care, but is that free? Hell No. People are all about charity after the carnage has taken place, but ask people to shell out some money for their fellow man on any other day, and they'll tell you to go fuck yourself. We have billionaires and millionaires complaining about having their taxes raised by a few % points, and people wonder why the less well to do mentally ill, sociopaths, and psychopaths do what they do. People never want to talk using common fucking sense. We're just happier calling people monsters, or blaming the devil rather than
your still the smartest person on this site.... I am always impressed by your posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.