What's new

Shooting In CONN At least 20 dead, Ten children

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRUM

Noob
Being 100% serious, I'm starting to believe that this whole 12/21 end of the world thing is bringing out the lunatics. This is, what, the 4th public shooting incident/attempt in the past 4 months? And then there's 2 incidents in China involving slashing and axing children.

What the fuck.
I second this. I seriously think people are going apeshit because of some untrue, hokey theories.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
"Strongly Suggest", doesn't prove. You also act like harvard studies haven't been wrong before. But even then your whole point doesn't have any merit. Having a gun does not increase violence towards others. So what if Switzerland likes to blow their heads off, atleast they aren't shooting each other. Doesn't change the fact that Switzerland is safer than majority of the 1st world countries.

If you want to go kill yourself go ahead, just don't get anybody involved.
I get what you're saying, and I actually side with you on the subject, but I think a person having a gun in their house during a very emotional time in their life is going to be more likely to take their own life just based off of convenience. They're not thinking clearly and the opportunity arises to just end it, quick and painlessly

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I get what you're saying, and I actually side with you on the subject, but I think a person having a gun in their house during a very emotional time in their life is going to be more likely to take their own life just based off of convenience. They're not thinking clearly and the opportunity arises to just end it, quick and painlessly
Thing is if there is no gun they will just choose a knife or something else the gun is not the problem and it never was the problem is people plain and simple.

wait wait, so Ryan Lanza is wrongly being accused for a crime that his brother commited? I mean, based on his status updates and everything..... is he aware that is was his brother?
It's so confusing...maybe he and his brother were in on it??

Also, mods can we get Bill and Raging out of this thread. So annoying.
I guess another possibility is that there is another Ryan Lanza from the same area. So the person who is updating FB/Twitter is not related to the brother as there is another Ryan Lanza. It is indeed VERY confusing. I don't want to say something that is untrue/not confirmed, but I thought I heard that the body found at the second location was the girlfriend of Ryan Lanza, the brother of the shooter. Also, that one of the teachers at the school is the Lanza brother's mother. I seriously cannot comprehend such a heinous act...

It's so confusing...maybe he and his brother were in on it??

Also, mods can we get Bill and Raging out of this thread. So annoying.
What the fuck did I even do? If you can't address me directly then don't address me at all. Don't be a bitch about it. If you simply asked and said "Hey can we stick it to the CT shooting" then that would of been good enough.

The media are full of idiots. They pull up a facebook picture of a guy with the same name as the suspected killer (who killed himself), with the guy still posting updated post on his facebook. Not only that they find out that its not even "Ryan Lanza" that did it but his brother. How big of a fuck up can you be to ruin somebody elses life.

Not only that, you have idiots looking through Ryan's facebook and seeing he liked "Mass Effect" and going to the Mass Effect page and posting this shit.

Killing factor for gun laws depends on more than just any 1 singular idea.

1.) society.
2.) how strict the gun laws are
3.) how easy the access to them are
4.) Guns per capita
5.) outside reasons (like illegal smuggled drugs over the border)

The thing about arguing these cases are, You can argue your point, by cherry picking the countries/states that have the right formula for your argument.

this has worked for both sides.

I'm torn somewhere in the middle. I think of death by guns a price you pay for freedom. But atleast I'll acknowledge that, and that it's used as a last resort against a out of control government.

But I also believe strict laws, could prevent some of these people from getting guns in the wrong state of mind/ or at all. and minimize tradgedies like this.

gamemk

Noob
Nothing is surprising if you're familiar with human history, especially American history. We are selfish, and on average we do not care about each other. It's 2012, and nearly every developed country in the world has some form of single payer healthcare system, or affordable healthcare system except for America. We kick little kids with cancer off of their health insurance just to save money, and demonize anyone who tries to fix the problem. The family members, survivors and surviving children of this tragedy will need mental therapy and medical care, but is that free? Hell No. People are all about charity after the carnage has taken place, but ask people to shell out some money for their fellow man on any other day, and they'll tell you to go fuck yourself. We have billionaires and millionaires complaining about having their taxes raised by a few % points, and people wonder why the less well to do mentally ill, sociopaths, and psychopaths do what they do. People never want to talk using common fucking sense. We're just happier calling people monsters, or blaming the devil rather than trying to solve problems.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Going off of THTB 's comment earlier in the thread.

Maybe this is what the Mayans predicted. Not an asteroid or a solar flare, but the end of what people are. We no longer cherish life, other people, or even the animals and resources on this Earth. War, genocide, abuse, mass murder, animal cruelty, greed, waste... The end of the world is already here.

Nothing is surprising if you're familiar with human history, especially American history. We are selfish, and on average we do not care about each other. It's 2012, and nearly every developed country in the world has some form of single payer healthcare system, or affordable healthcare system except for America. We kick little kids with cancer off of their health insurance just to save money, and demonize anyone who tries to fix the problem. The surviving children of this tragedy will need mental therapy, but is that free? Hell No. People are all about charity after the carnage has taken place, but ask people to shell out some money for their fellow man on any other day, and they'll tell you to go fuck yourself. We have billionaires and millionaires complaining about having their taxes raised by a few % points, and people wonder why the less well to do mentally ill, sociopaths, and psychopaths do what they do. People never want to talk using common fucking sense.

That's corporate america for you.

most of that could be fixed by simply getting rid of corporation money going into politics/campaigns. That was made legal sometime in the 1980's I believe.

Ever since then it has become a form of bribery.

And if we can't elect honest people, because everyone's behind a fake face, and doing what they're told so they can get in on some of that big boy dough.

None of that is going to be fixed.

Insurance companies also lobby the government.

Why do you think all the books seem to lean in their favor?

Big Frog

Noob

Maybe this is what the Mayans predicted. Not an asteroid or a solar flare, but the end of what people are. We no longer cherish life, other people, or even the animals and resources on this Earth. War, genocide, abuse, mass murder, animal cruelty, greed, waste... The end of the world is already here.
Good post. That seems to be what got lost in translation regarding the Maya thing. hmmmm....

gamemk

Noob

They Mayans didn't predict shit. They were just good at counting. We have nuclear weapons. If we wanted to blow up the world we could do it any time we wanted to. How come the Mayans or Nostradamus never predicted shit like the Paris Hilton sex tape, furby, or the McRib? Anyone can make predictions about general things: wars, end of the world, plagues....

CRUM

Noob
What the fuck did I even do? If you can't address me directly then don't address me at all. Don't be a bitch about it. If you simply asked and said "Hey can we stick it to the CT shooting" then that would of been good enough.

The media are full of idiots. They pull up a facebook picture of a guy with the same name as the suspected killer (who killed himself), with the guy still posting updated post on his facebook. Not only that they find out that its not even "Ryan Lanza" that did it but his brother. How big of a fuck up can you be to ruin somebody elses life.

Not only that, you have idiots looking through Ryan's facebook and seeing he liked "Mass Effect" and going to the Mass Effect page and posting this shit.

Oh my word, people are SO FUCKING DUMB. This is what they did after Columbine. They raided the rooms of the two shooters and started pointing fingers. People just can't accept the fact that there are some truly fucked up people out there. Whether they were born that way or not, video games do not tell you to shoot up schools, malls or movies. It's the fucked up psyche of the perpetrators that does this. It's the fact that they can't distinguish right from wrong.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
They Mayans didn't predict shit. They were just good at counting. We have nuclear weapons. If we wanted to blow up the world we could do it any time we wanted to. How come the Mayans or Nostradamus never predicted shit like the Paris Hilton sex tape, furby, or the McRib? Anyone can make predictions about general things: wars, end of the world, plagues....
I'm not looking to argue but regardless of if they predicted something or not, the world, especially these past few years, has gone to hell. There is no denying that.

teh_jawNie

Teh God Himself
People who blame shit on videogames are fkn morons its the parents who should be blamed. They dont even pay attention to their children to know wtf is going on in their lives.

Reactions: MKB
I'm not looking to argue but regardless of if they predicted something or not, the world, especially these past few years, has gone to hell. There is no denying that.
Not to say the conditions haven't gotten worse these days than it was 30 years ago.

But today there is just a camera everywhere. So these "bad things" are surfaced more often.

Like do you think police brutality has gone up? or people simply started using their smartphones to record their activity?

I don't just instantly believe or trust what's on the plate.

you gotta look at things in different perspectives.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
People who blame shit on videogames are fkn morons its the parents who should be blamed. They dont even pay attention to their children to know wtf is going on in their lives.
It's not just the parents its everyone involved in the persons life. His parents, teachers, co-workers any of these ppl that say they didnt know he was "mentally disturbed" are part of the problem. Idc if its your best friend if you think he/she is fucked up in the head stand up be responsible and tell someone about your concerns that alone could prevent alot of tragic shit like this from happening

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Not to say the conditions haven't gotten worse these days than it was 30 years ago.

But today there is just a camera everywhere. So these "bad things" are surfaced more often.

Like do you think police brutality has gone up? or people simply started using their smartphones to record their activity?

I don't just instantly believe or trust what's on the plate.

you gotta look at things in different perspectives.
I'm not saying things haven't happened in the past that are truly fucked up, I mean look at the Holocaust for Christ's sake. The fact that we are now well aware of what is going on around the world and yet still things stay the same or get worse is the worrying thing.

Also, please don't comment on my perspective, I had friends in the Colorado incident so I don't take these things lightly.

gamemk

Noob
I'm not arguing either, but I'm pretty sure you would have thought the same thing if you had been alive during the decline of the Roman empire, the plague of the 1300's, the conquest of the Incan empire, WW I, WW II, etc....In the context of human history, despite our numerous current tragedies, the world isn't going to hell. People are just doing the crazy shit that people have always done, just in different ways with different tools.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm not arguing either, but I'm pretty sure you would have thought the same thing if you had been alive during the decline of the Roman empire, the plague of the 1300's, the conquest of the Incan empire, WW I, WW II, etc....In the context of human history, despite our numerous current tragedies, the world isn't going to hell. People are just doing the crazy shit that people have always done, just in different ways with different tools.
This is a fair statement. It doesnt mean that we can't mourn.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Here's the thing though, those were all major events, and with major events tragedies/deaths go hand in hand. Now we see more frequent individual cases, no major plan or movement, just senseless acts. I'm not disagreeing with you, just to be clear.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
What you say is true the world has always been like this the only difference is now we are in an age were this shit gets caught on tape or something but it has always been this fucked up and in some era's it was far worse we just have it flaunted in our faces now through the media so it seems worse now.

Status
Not open for further replies.