What's new

General/Other - Shirai Ryu Shirai Ryu General Discussion Thread

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I'm not sure about f1 2+4 but f12 2+4 (teleport after first hit). njp, jik ~air spear ryu is his most damaging meterless bnb at 28% I believe.

Edit: I swear I haven't been finishing reading your posts or something. Soo tried! You just said you've been doing this. lol!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Thanks, that was the information I was looking for, so if I am giving enough time for them to be beating me on strings, then its input errors on my part, also can you feasibly hit confirm f1 2+4(first hit) or can you only confirm on the second hit, because i know you can do it on f12 2+4, which i can only sometimes do

without a slight delay of the tele - f1 2+4 tele only hits on females i believe. @ least tanya and kitana for sure .. it can hit males too sometimes but you have to delay/hold the tele but its super strict. otherwise its whiff city . hope that is what you were asking

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
without a slight delay of the tele - f1 2+4 tele only hits on females i believe. @ least tanya and kitana for sure .. it can hit males too sometimes but you have to delay/hold the tele but its super strict. otherwise its whiff city . hope that is what you were asking
what combo's do you use with f1 2+4, and are you comboing off of the first hit or second?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
what combo's do you use with f1 2+4, and are you comboing off of the first hit or second?
well on a female - if the tele connects then i just proceed to njp > combo or D2 ( now with suggestions from @Pleasa) or throw depending on the situation. but - normally to be honest - if im not trying to control spacing then im usually trying to F12 2+4

If they get AA'd by my f1 2+4, i usually ( if i havent already committed into tele, tele cancel, or kunai, ) then just let the second hit connect then try to set up myself for spacing.

key word is try cause im notorious for over committing sometimes which i need to practice on

and about the second hit on f1 2+4 , if you time it right you can get a tele > combo but the timing is strict as well.(this is on a standing opponent, not sure about AA) i dont have any videos myself of this but i belive in chris Gs Takeda video he has one ill try to find it

found- its off of f12 2+4 but still should work - skip to 47 seconds in

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Regarding the F1/F12 2+4 string (specifically for first hit of 2+4), here is a quick video I just upped with a few options I like to use (Online Friendly):

Video Combo #1) F1 2+4 Quick Phase D2 (4 Hits 19%) (hold Quick Phase for a sec or you will whiff)...

Notes for Combo #1:

A) If you let both whips from the 2+4 hit, you will have a 5 Hit 23% combo

B) Alternate Combo #1 for an 7 Hit 24%:
F1 2+4 Quick Phase (after first hit of 2+4), SJP 4 Spear Ryu

Video Combo #2) F12 2+4 Quick Phase D2 (5 Hits 21%)

Notes for Combo #2:

A) If you let both whips from the 2+4 hit, you will have a 6 Hit 25% combo which I personally love using...

B) Alternate Combo #2 for an 8 Hit 26%:
F12 2+4 Quick Phase (after first hit of 2+4), SJP 4 Spear Ryu

Only time I use D2 to end is when I am not using Meter to continue the combo.. If I were to use meter, it would be something like this:

Video Combo #3) F12 2+4 Quick Phase 33 EX Spear Ryu, B2 Spear Ryu (12 Hits 32%)

Notes for Combo #3:

A) If you do F1 starter instead it results in 11 Hit 30% combo

B) Alternate Combo #3 for a 12 Hit 33%:
F12 2+4 Quick Phase (after first hit of 2+4), SJP 4 EX Spear Ryu, B2 Spear Ryu

Last edited:

Malices' World

LOL!! @.@
I have come Across a 31% meter less possible that you may have to come across one to but it would go like this
fjp 122+4 db3 nj1 fj4 (air)db1 tell me what you guys think? :)

Krabman

Noob
So is this variation viable? I really like the style and feel, I'm definitely considering this as my main.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
kinda semi non practical corner combo but its 44% & one bar . i say non practical because there are easier ones for 42%

jip 44 (EX)flurry jip njp jip b21 tele d2

you can also ofcourse swap the d2 or throw and direct them back into the corner (or MB throw for reset).

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
kinda semi non practical corner combo but its 44% & one bar . i say non practical because there are easier ones for 42%

jip 44 (EX)flurry jip njp jip b21 tele d2

you can also ofcourse swap the d2 or throw and direct them back into the corner (or MB throw for reset).
what is the more practical combos for the corner

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
what is the more practical combos for the corner
i think the jip 44 ex flurry njp b21 tele d2 is 42% - let me check my xbox videos ( ill post them later as im at work and i was testing out what i ciuld find last night)

jip 44 ex flurry njp jip b2 tele throw is 42% - can leave them in corner
jip 44 ex flurry njp jip 44 spear is 42% - leaves them in corner

throw in one jip after or before the njp and its 43% - its really not that hard to hit once you get used to the timing but thats offline. online its meh, so i didnt really try using it much last night. ill prob try today or tomorrow to see how reliable it can be.

a trick i use to do the jip njp jip is i switch between 1 and 2 --so i ji1 > nj2 > ji1
makes it a bit easier-

the throw ender still applies to put them back in the corner

Last edited:

Ravosa

Wild Card
So I played a mileena in ranked the other day who loved to ball roll on wake up. So after my knockdowns I would block the ball roll and try to punish. I used 112, f21, and 44. All of them are quick enough to punish the roll that I knew was coming yet they only worked about half the time. For some reason, they all occasionally whiff the first hit because of her hit box after the roll. I labbed it and 44 even though the slowest seems like the most reliable punish. Hit the lab and see what I mean, it's weird. Looking for a consistent punish.