What's new

General/Other - Necromancer Shinnok (necromancer) is close to being a good character.

Yes. bone shaper being his best he has overhead strings that can be cancelled into his mb low special (i think its df2) for combos. Its also the variation with the largest move list so its alot more to choose from.
Thanks! You just gave me a reason to keep maining Bone Shaper Shinnok!

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Just curious, does Necro-Shinnok just give up if he faces anyone with a teleport? Does his stuff even track or hit if the guy simply appears behind him?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
This whole game is footsie based. Granted, not having a 50/50 could...potentially put him at a disadvantage, but if you're a footsie god he could be decent just like everyone else.
The question is, if you are footsie god, why would you pick a character that has so many holes in his tools you and your skills can do nothing about, and not something that offers better rewards for good spacing game, among other things?

All necro needs is tracking on df4, slightly faster startup and better tracking on db1, and maybe a new string.
I would prefer better tracking on Flick cause it is safe, but of course some might think that it is OP. I still can't understand how people are saying that some buffs are to much for a character that obviously struggles in that department, when this game has characters that have better zoning plus some other OP shit like vortexes, excellent armor or meterless damage!

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I would prefer better tracking on Flick cause it is safe, but of course some might think that it is OP. I still can't understand how people are saying that some buffs are to much for a character that obviously struggles in that department, when this game has characters that have better zoning plus some other OP shit like vortexes, excellent armor or meterless damage!
If Flick was safe and a true blockstring ender, it'd be nice. It wouldn't really be broke considering you can OS F4 xx Hellsparks on hit anyway so... I mean, make it to where he's not plus after unless he uses the EX version which has a gap would be cool and a nice addition along with fixed tracking. Aside from being a HKD, df4 should only really be used to end combos into a HKD or EXed for a popup. Damage buff on that would be nice but eh.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Yesterday I played against good Millena, Reptile, Sub Zero. After spent maybe 1 hour in practice mode I could won some fights.

Mixing fiend and bone crush is amazing. When opponent got close to me I throw him away with hell sparks. Mix up options are also quite nice.

I like Neco Shinnok. I don't want to play 50/50 all time (imposter) or just do cheap resets with bone weapon.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I think there is, but you must have the proper tools, and Shinnok evidently does not.

While the 50/50 mix ups characters either have teleports or pokes that almost hit you from half a screen away, the vast majority of defensive / zoning characters in this game are designed for a fighting game without a run button. Shinnok is the best example because he has extremely limited options to handle running opponents.

Nobody is asking for another Freddy or Zod in this game, but damn... could we please at least have a handful of fun and viable characters who slightly deviate from the monotonous "run and do 50/50 mix ups" meta game?
I know this postis pre Shinnok's buffs, but I think Shinnok's F224 string is one of the best run-stoppers in the game. F2 reaches half screen, and can give Shinnok the screen positioning combo or mixup combo he wants, dependent on variation.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I know this postis pre Shinnok's buffs, but I think Shinnok's F224 string is one of the best run-stoppers in the game. F2 reaches half screen, and can give Shinnok the screen positioning combo or mixup combo he wants, dependent on variation.
f+2,2,4 is full combo punishable on block.

Necromancer is Shinnok's weakest variation. The tracking buffs to flick and fiend are insubstantial. Bone Shaper and Imposter have everything you need and are very likely top 10.

f+2,2,4 is full combo punishable on block.

Necromancer is Shinnok's weakest variation. The tracking buffs to flick and fiend are insubstantial. Bone Shaper and Imposter have everything you need and are very likely top 10.
I would even go as far as saying that Bone Shaper probably has everything you need. I am an Impostor player myself but I have to admit the superiority of the Bone Shaper in terms of safe blockstrings and meter building, which is very important for Shinnok in general. Impostor gets that teleport, restand at +104, stolen moves (vortex sometimes), and damage buff which is awesome for huge chip damage, combos and 16% throws. But when you have no meter you can't do anything safe on block. He builds meter with blockstrings which require meter in order to at list creat the threat of a MB Spark in the end.
Bone Shaper has safe strings with more hits, builds meter fast, has that projectile to make everything safe on block even without meter. And now has a standing reset which leaves him at +8 which guarantees the f4 follow up. So it is a weaker reset/mix up than that of the Impostor but it goes back into the standing reset on everyone in the cast. Plus Bone Shaper zones better than Necromancer and has a wake up/reversal attack which is armored, leads to a full combo into satnding reset, and works as a great antizoning/whiff punishing tool as it reaches 90% of the screen.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I would even go as far as saying that Bone Shaper probably has everything you need. I am an Impostor player myself but I have to admit the superiority of the Bone Shaper in terms of safe blockstrings and meter building, which is very important for Shinnok in general. Impostor gets that teleport, restand at +104, stolen moves (vortex sometimes), and damage buff which is awesome for huge chip damage, combos and 16% throws. But when you have no meter you can't do anything safe on block. He builds meter with blockstrings which require meter in order to at list creat the threat of a MB Spark in the end.
Bone Shaper has safe strings with more hits, builds meter fast, has that projectile to make everything safe on block even without meter. And now has a standing reset which leaves him at +8 which guarantees the f4 follow up. So it is a weaker reset/mix up than that of the Impostor but it goes back into the standing reset on everyone in the cast. Plus Bone Shaper zones better than Necromancer and has a wake up/reversal attack which is armored, leads to a full combo into satnding reset, and works as a great antizoning/whiff punishing tool as it reaches 90% of the screen.
You are on top of your game.

Well-said.