What's new

SHEEVA Combo Thread

Nefarity

Noob
Helpful stuff! I spent a bit of time in the lab with Sheeva the other day and put up some vids. Page's vid is definitely more helpful and practical. Sheeva's interesting, vids need more alt costume in blue though. :D

One thing that would have boosted Sheeva's combo potential greatly, is if she was able to OTG mid combo like Smoke.

2, 1, 2, F+1 puts the foe on the ground, for a god deal of time, and if you whiff DF+1 at the end, Sheeva recovers MUCH sooner than the foe, but you can't OTG after this seemingly heavy knockdown. If she WAS able to OTG mid combo, the she could use B+2 to pick them up.

Then again, maybe the OTG stuff is Smoke only, as i haven't seen any others that can OTG in combos besides him.

Gast

Noob
Oh newcomers! Welcome to TYM and more specifically the little Sheeva corner we have. Here we are all super-best friends! Or well, kinda. Internet super best friends!

Anyway yeah OTG abilities would be nice, but I think it would just be better if they removed the stupid auto-taunt from the string altogether. I´m not even sure what the point of it was, only thing I could see is that she could more reliably break 30% combos mid-screen and get some additional carry, which she needs because her game is at its strongest in the corner. I think it would lead to stronger corner juggles aswell.

Also I think DB+3, neutral U+1/2, B+2, 1+2, BF+3 = 47% 12 hits is not a corner-only combo.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
One thing that would have boosted Sheeva's combo potential greatly, is if she was able to OTG mid combo like Smoke.

2, 1, 2, F+1 puts the foe on the ground, for a god deal of time, and if you whiff DF+1 at the end, Sheeva recovers MUCH sooner than the foe, but you can't OTG after this seemingly heavy knockdown. If she WAS able to OTG mid combo, the she could use B+2 to pick them up.

Then again, maybe the OTG stuff is Smoke only, as i haven't seen any others that can OTG in combos besides him.
Twin! You're first post and you post it in the Sheeva threads... I'm so proud of you. XD (<---- I know him for you guys that are wondering)

Anyway, I was messing around with Quad Toss > df+1 (whiff) > followup and all I could get was Dash > d+1 > df+1 and I only got that to work ONCE. If we get master that it would become a solid followup to Quad Toss mid-screen since it should work no matter what stance anybody is in.

Gast

Noob
Thats actually very interesting! Would be great if we could connect some other stuff, like possibly a 1, 2, B1 into DF1 would be nice. Sounds like a good lead, I will try this out aswell.

I'm having huuuuuggeeee problems landing her neutral jump 1/2 after her crouch grab. Any tips? Is it character specific?

Also you can combo a dashing 4, b,f+3 after her crouch grab. So the whole sequence is:

d,b+3, dash 4, b,f+3 for 34% damage

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I'm having huuuuuggeeee problems landing her neutral jump 1/2 after her crouch grab. Any tips? Is it character specific?

Also you can combo a dashing 4, b,f+3 after her crouch grab. So the whole sequence is:

Hold forward while she is preforming the grab, keep practicing that until you get the feel for when Sheeva steps forward a little bit. After you've learned when she steps start holding up until you get the feel for when she'll jump, after you learn the timing for the step > jump just practice adding the the 1/2.

Gast

Noob

Yeah as Urichinan said, you need to take one quick step forward to connect it. Its much easier to connect than nj1/2 after a 1, 2, b1 in the corner which I find almost impossible to connect more than 50% of the times I try it. Is there a trick to it or something? feels like Im missing a lot of corner damage because of it.

I think the dash 4 into BF3 after the crough grab is kinda redundant since it does less damage than NJ1/2 into quad toss BF3.

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
I call it the EmperorAbyss. Because it's my GT, and when you do the command grab she hit's you five times. So it's fun to say "Em-pe-ror-A-BYSS!"
lol but ok past the sillyness. (no I don't really call it that, but I do say my GT at times)

Midscreen:
fj.1, 1 2 b+1, dash, 2 1, bf+3
fj.1, 1 2 b+1, dash, 1 2. df+1
fj.1, 1 2 b+1, dash, 2 1, df+2

-YMK-

Noob
I would like something like this, but nothing like Smoke at all. It would be cool to have ground pound as a OTG combo ender. but I dont think theyll ever do that

Guys you have some really interesting stuff in here. I had NO CLUE that b+2,1+2 and THEN FOLLOW UP was comboable after her crouch throw. You guys have done fucked up, and made my sheeva GDLK!!! ^_^ (she's my 2ndary and I've been playing her since the game came out)

I really thank you guys. ^_^

But there's some things I'd like to share. Pre patch, I made this combo video that features Sheeva:

First combo is pretty typical (as seen posted on the first post of this thread)

But the rest are all mine. So I'm letting you all know, there's still tons of combo potential for Sheeva. :)

In the video @ :25 - J.1 > 4 x "XRAY" is 100% guaranteed and gives you 44% damage. It's her highest XRAY combo that I could come up with.

Someone mentioned if Tele Stomp was cancelable from a normal(s). It surely is! 0_0

* 1 (dash cancelable)
* d+1 (dash cancelable...not recommended)
* b+1
* b+1,2 (digi note: this is also DASH CANCELABLE in case you guys didn't know :p )
* 2 (dash cancelable)
* 2,1,2 (frame trap VERY hard to escape Tele Stomp if 2,1,2 hits) <---- That is Red and Bolded
* f+2
* d+3 (dash cancelable...and omfg this is by FAR her BEST POKE. RTSD with this and condition crouch throw. = your best friend)
* f+3 (frame trap VERY hard to escape Tele Stomp if f+3 hits) <--- That is Red and Bolded
* 4 (if 4 hits in position to successfully land Tele Stomp but certain characters can get out of it) <--- That is Red and Bolded
* d+4 (dash cancelable)

Those above, are ALL cancelable into Tele Stomp AND Ground Stomp regardless if the normal hits or is blocked.

Where I noted in parenthesesm and bolded, are suggested normals that you want to hit to condition a successful Tele Stomp. :)

In Red, are suggested normals that you want to hit to condition a successful Ground Stomp.

Some normals are good for both Tele and Ground Stomp. And those are noted too.

There's also some notes about what's dash cancelable. You have to remember that a FAST Sheeva is a SCARY Sheeva. And one that your opponent may not anticipate or be ready for. Sheeva is A LOT faster than people think. ^_^

Hope this info helps. <3

YO! I'm planning on using Sheeva so I checked this out but I just wanna say good shit to using music from ONE MUST FALL 2097. The second that I hit play on this video I instantly paused it to say this. That game had amazing music, lol.

Well after speaking with the reps from NRS at UFGT7, it sounds like Sheeva will gain some armor off her EX command throws. And EX Tele Stomp might have boss properties.

Not saying this is set in stone, just saying this is what may be possible in the next patch for Sheeva.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I'm beginning to feel bad for Kung Lao, because I hear they nerfing him a lot more in the next patch. I mean, Sheeva and Kung Lao will switch places at this rate... until they pick up Sheeva and start winning that is.

I'm beginning to feel bad for Kung Lao, because I hear they nerfing him a lot more in the next patch. I mean, Sheeva and Kung Lao will switch places at this rate... until they pick up Sheeva and start winning that is.
Or just bring the S tier characters down to around A tier, and the "shit tier" characters to around a C or maybe a B tier. This game is looking up to be pretty balanced imo.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Did the crouch throw > b2,1+2 > grab and punch always do 47%? Well it does. Also if you use up 2 bars for the enhanced throws the combo becomes 55%.
51% if you enhance the crouch throw or grab and punch only.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Yes.

Though I have a hard time landing the grab and punch at the end. I usually just end with a fireball instead for 41%.
Try and practice delaying that b2 just a tiny bit to make the rest of the combo possible. Shouldn't take too long to get down.

Hey guys!

Well hello! I'm new to his forum and I just picked up Sheeva today ( I main Kitana). I absolutely love her and I think she can be devastating in the right hands....

DrDogg

Noob
Can someone update the first post with all of the combos? It's a pain having to dig through the entire thread to find the best combos... >_>