What's new

SHEEVA Combo Thread

NoDoubt

nasty
I propose 2 make a combo video showcasing everything weve got so far. Not immediately but within the next 2 weeks or so since theres been a lotta ground covered, it would be cool to have a basics+more vid since theres like only 1 atm lol. I can do all the combos just need help with how you guys would like me to credit everyone. I was thinkin of just listing everyones names that have helped out at the end of the video. wat do u think !!

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I propose 2 make a combo video showcasing everything weve got so far. Not immediately but within the next 2 weeks or so since theres been a lotta ground covered, it would be cool to have a basics+more vid since theres like only 1 atm lol. I can do all the combos just need help with how you guys would like me to credit everyone. I was thinkin of just listing everyones names that have helped out at the end of the video. wat do u think !!
I've already started working on this. :)

Gast

Noob
I think that Sheevas normal combos have started to dry up actually. I got the idea that maybe you could connect a NJ1/2 after 1, 2, b1 but it´s compltetely impossible. Theres still so much untapped tag team potential though.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I think that Sheevas normal combos have started to dry up actually. I got the idea that maybe you could connect a NJ1/2 after 1, 2, b1 but it´s compltetely impossible. Theres still so much untapped tag team potential though.
Umm... No it isn't... It is very possible, I do it all the time. Unless you're talking mid-screen. Then, no it doesn't.

NoDoubt

nasty
If we have exhausted all combo potential which I dont believe just yet, she still seems pretty effective in terms of situational combo abilities. I dont know any other character that can punish a crouching opponent (blocking or not) with a gauranteed 38+ % combo...nearly 50 in the corner. She seems heavily based on close-combat mind fuck games...punishing defensive mistakes. I was thinkin that tele-stomp can also be used to force people to the corner.

Basically her mid-screen strings are in the late 20s-early 30% percentiles with 40+ on midscreen crouch-punishing. Then we have the corner which we all know is her death trap.

But yea, the tag...forget it. She seems as if she'd be #1 in that shit with a good teammate and that quad loop shenanigan. In the right hands, I still believe Sheeva's viable.

Gast

Noob
Umm... No it isn't... It is very possible, I do it all the time. Unless you're talking mid-screen. Then, no it doesn't.
Yeah sorry, I meant mid-screen. In the corner I´m very aware it works. I thought that since you could connect a mid-screen Nj 1/2 after a DB3 if you took a step forward, then maybe you could do it with 1, 2 ,B1 aswell. Which didn´t work.

If we have exhausted all combo potential which I dont believe just yet
Yeah I hope we haven´t either, but it´s just that what is there left to test? Those stupid auto-taunts really kills a lot of combo potential. And you can´t special cancel some strings that would have been potentially great if you could. It just feels like we have gone through everything, but I am probably a bit too hasty in that assumption. I hope someone will prove that I am wrong.

Honestly I'd worry less about combos right now, and more about Sheeva strategy and matchups. We need to get s strategy/matchup thread here anyway. Granted it's still early in the game but anything will help. The thread can also list punishment options after blocking certain attacks--like Reptile's elbow dash, Mileena's teleport kick, etc.

Gast

Noob
Honestly I'd worry less about combos right now, and more about Sheeva strategy and matchups. We need to get s strategy/matchup thread here anyway. Granted it's still early in the game but anything will help. The thread can also list punishment options after blocking certain attacks--like Reptile's elbow dash, Mileena's teleport kick, etc.
Yeah, I think you´re right, I´m probably overreacting. I think that we perhaps should figure out methods and strings to best push the opponent into the corner as safely as possible and ways to bait people into blocking low so you can lock them into low grabs.

Figuring out punishers is a great idea, I will try to do that as soon as my testing partner is available again.

Concerning B+2, 1+2, BF+3. If you and the opponent are both facing the screen or both facing away from the screen, the combo will whiff. Otherwise, it will connect. However, if you and the opponent are both facing right or both facing left (meaning you are behind the opponent), this is reversed and the combo will only connect if you are both facing the screen or both facing away from the screen. Against Sheeva, though, any positioning will work fine.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I'm trying to work with some stuff midscreen right now, but it's hard tying to come up with some new stuff. @.@

Gast

Noob
Okay I just found something really stupid. 2, 1, 2, F1 -> BF3 whiffs vs Kitana and Mileena. BF3 cant connect for some reason. Possible bug?

Also it doesen´t seem like you can connect B2, 1+2 BF3 after a DB3 mid-screen. B2, 1+2, EX BF3 is 34% damage which is pretty good for one bar. Also still can´t connect a mid-screen B2, 1+2 BF3 during a quad loop in tag.

You know, re-reading my last post, I don't think it was very clear. I think you understood, but I'd like to clarify regardless. If you and the opponent are both facing the screen or both facing away from the screen, the combo will whiff. Otherwise, it will connect. However, if you and the opponent are both facing right or both facing left (meaning you are behind the opponent), this is reversed and the combo will only connect if you are both facing the screen or both facing away from the screen. Against Sheeva, though, any positioning will work fine. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Gast

Noob
Found some tag-related things concering the stance switching. If both characters are facing the screen, then 1, B2 into Kanos tag-in will whiff. However if the characters have opposite stances, then 1, B2 into Kanos tag in will connect.

Okay I just found something really stupid. 2, 1, 2, F1 -> BF3 whiffs vs Kitana and Mileena. BF3 cant connect for some reason. Possible bug?

Also it doesen´t seem like you can connect B2, 1+2 BF3 after a DB3 mid-screen. B2, 1+2, EX BF3 is 34% damage which is pretty good for one bar. Also still can´t connect a mid-screen B2, 1+2 BF3 during a quad loop in tag.
I think this was mentioned in the other discussion thread, but it's not a bug. They're just small, and they had limited combos against them since the earlier MK's. Strangely, Jade is fine.

Gast

Noob
I think this was mentioned in the other discussion thread, but it's not a bug. They're just small, and they had limited combos against them since the earlier MK's. Strangely, Jade is fine.
Yeah I noticed that. Kitana and Mileena seem to be the only characters that this happens to. Kind of annoying imo. Anyway, I´m not sure what other effects the stance switching may have. The quad toss seem otherwise unaffected. It´s not like you can do too much with it, but linking it into BF3 is a very good find. 31-34% off a low is very good.

page

Noob
Note that the stance specific b2, 1+2, bf3 combo also applies when doing db3, b2, 1+2, bf3 at mid screen. But you have to delay the b2, 1+2 slightly or they'll be launched too high and the bf3 will whiff anyway. If it remains confusing then stick to df2; with that finisher it doesn't matter how you time the b2, 1+2 or which stance you're in.

And it's easier if you use the Virtua Fighter terms open stance (facing the screen) and closed stance (back to the screen), instead of writing it out long form every time.

NoDoubt

nasty
lol yea...Jade like Sindel, now takes a hit like a man.

at least u can still connect that BF3 string in the corner with Kit and Mileena cuz if you still couldnt..now that would be bull. They should still try and fix this though if Jade can be comboed.

Gast

Noob
Note that the stance specific b2, 1+2, bf3 combo also applies when doing db3, b2, 1+2, bf3 at mid screen. But you have to delay the b2, 1+2 slightly or they'll be launched too high and the bf3 will whiff anyway. If it remains confusing then stick to df2; with that finisher it doesn't matter how you time the b2, 1+2 or which stance you're in.

And it's easier if you use the Virtua Fighter terms open stance (facing the screen) and closed stance (back to the screen), instead of writing it out long form every time.
That´s interesting, I never managed to pull it off. Then again, I didn´t try very hard so it was probably lack of effort on my part. Will try it again, would be great if it works mid-screen, since now you can grab a crouching guy in the corner, then EX grab n Punch and put them back in the corner again for resumed pressure without sacrificing a lot of damage.

page

Noob
You'll get used to the timing quickly enough. It's only a split second delay. If you wait too long only the b2 will hit and you'll whiff the whole thing. So unless you've got the timing down, stick to df2.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I just tested the B2, 1+2, BF3 from different stance. It's not that good, because even if you have the correct stance, it will still always whiff if you land it at a far range. Only at mid to close range would this move work. That's a shame.

Gast

Noob
I just tested the B2, 1+2, BF3 from different stance. It's not that good, because even if you have the correct stance, it will still always whiff if you land it at a far range. Only at mid to close range would this move work. That's a shame.
Edit: Disregard this, I didn´t know the exact full range of B2 actually, haha. Still you can hit the BF3 from pretty far away. The starting positions seem to be the max distance one can connect BF3.

Also GREAT video page, but you can actually connect a nj 1/2 after the low grab into B2, 1+2 BF3 for about 47% damage, 49% if EX BF3, 51% if EX DB3, 53% if both grabs are EX.

Also this clearly proves that Sheeva is broken vs Sheeva, its just ridiculous.

page

Noob
I meant without meter, but was too lazy to re-edit the video to put that in.

Actually, I'll update it tonight.