What's new

Shang Tsung possible DLC after Kombat Pack? (Minor spoilers)

my point is those characters are more likely. tanya did less than any of them did and is dlc. either way. shang isn't happening.
Tanya is in two fights, freed Mileena, assisted in Mileena's Outworld Rebellion as one of Mileena's most trusted, attacked Kotal Kahn and D'vorah. I don't see how that's not anything, but alright then:p:p

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
I think I speak for the whole world when I say we want Noob back for MKX.

Vote Noob Saibot Kombat Pack Season Pass 2 DLC TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I speak for the whole world when I say we want Noob back for MKX.

Vote Noob Saibot Kombat Pack Season Pass 2 DLC TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But we saw him die in that Soulnado thingy, and not even his soul was given to Quan Chi. I think he might be out until MK 11 or further.

D. R.

Noob
But we saw him die in that Soulnado thingy, and not even his soul was given to Quan Chi. I think he might be out until MK 11 or further.
Taken from the Scorpion MK wiki. Bear with me, I got ya brah...

"Scorpion's MK4 ending is carried over into Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (2002), where he relentlessly hunts down Quan Chi but is attacked by the Oni Drahmin and Moloch, whom the sorcerer had hired as protection, and who later free him from the Netherealm. In his noncanonical ending, Scorpion is killed when Drahmin and Moloch hurl him into the Soulnado, a magical tornado consisting of tormented souls trapped between Earthrealm and Outworld, but in his biography in Mortal Kombat: Deception, he is depicted as having escaped. He then meets the Elder Gods, which, coupled with his witnessing Raiden's death and the emergence of Onaga, the Dragon King, causes him to accept a new role as the Elder Gods' servant while working to prevent Onaga's merging of the realms."

Scorpion didn't die in the Soulnado and became the Elder Gods champion so who's to say Bi Han can't? He was already enlisted before to save Earthrealm in MKM:SZ by Raiden and Bi Han has been in EVERY canon MK game besides this one. Just seems so off to leave him out.

Taken from the Scorpion MK wiki. Bear with me, I got ya brah...

"Scorpion's MK4 ending is carried over into Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (2002), where he relentlessly hunts down Quan Chi but is attacked by the Oni Drahmin and Moloch, whom the sorcerer had hired as protection, and who later free him from the Netherealm. In his noncanonical ending, Scorpion is killed when Drahmin and Moloch hurl him into the Soulnado, a magical tornado consisting of tormented souls trapped between Earthrealm and Outworld, but in his biography in Mortal Kombat: Deception, he is depicted as having escaped. He then meets the Elder Gods, which, coupled with his witnessing Raiden's death and the emergence of Onaga, the Dragon King, causes him to accept a new role as the Elder Gods' servant while working to prevent Onaga's merging of the realms."

Scorpion didn't die in the Soulnado and became the Elder Gods champion so who's to say Bi Han can't? He was already enlisted before to save Earthrealm in MKM:SZ by Raiden and Bi Han has been in EVERY canon MK game besides this one. Just seems so off to leave him out.
I mean, idk. It's possible. But you gotta forget everything about the old mk games it started over with Mk9 for this timeline so a lot of things might not happen the same this time around. I'm sure he will be back in soon though along with Smoke.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I realy don't understand people's mania about Fujin ... it smells like Zatana and Lobo from Injustice ... ultra hype and after release 99.9999% of the people dropped them.
I dont think Shang is comming but i hope Rain , Baraka , Sindel and some Robot make it.
I actually loved Lobo, mained him along with Zod actually, but I get your point.
A lot of people stopped playing Lobo about a week after he came out.

I think Rain would be an obvious one though, he plays a pretty big role in the story.
Plus there is a lot of demand for him, and as someone mentioned before, if we look at the track record, NRS actually does seem to provide some fan service (Look at MMH in Injustice for example)

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Tanya is in two fights, freed Mileena, assisted in Mileena's Outworld Rebellion as one of Mileena's most trusted, attacked Kotal Kahn and D'vorah. I don't see how that's not anything, but alright then:p:p
I didn't mean it like that. perhaps it came across as a hasty generalization. you know I love tanya! I was just being annihilated by people who liked shang. which is their right. we all have characters we love. my point was just I felt more had more to do with the game than shang tsung and feel/hope different characters other than him are added. although if made awesome I could be wrong. i still would feel Sindel, Rain, Fujin, and Reiko would be more relevant to the game than shang tsung, but I digress. it in theory doesn't matter. whoever they want in the game is who they will add probably. here's hoping tanya is awesome (and the other dlc as well). so far I'm not quite sure yet.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
As far as I know, tower endings never influenced the actual history of the character, or at least in a minor way. Shang Tsung would be awesome though. A shapeshifting character should be a staple in any MK.

At the end of mk9 life, Shang Tsung was one of the 2-3 characters I played after learning about 80% of the cast. How I greatly miss you old man

I didn't mean it like that. perhaps it came across as a hasty generalization. you know I love tanya! I was just being annihilated by people who liked shang. which is their right. we all have characters we love. my point was just I felt more had more to do with the game than shang tsung and feel/hope different characters other than him are added. although if made awesome I could be wrong. i still would feel Sindel, Rain, Fujin, and Reiko would be more relevant to the game than shang tsung, but I digress. it in theory doesn't matter. whoever they want in the game is who they will add probably. here's hoping tanya is awesome (and the other dlc as well). so far I'm not quite sure yet.
I was totally just messing with ya man ahaha, but yeah It's like 96.3% doubtful Shang Tsung would be DLC, it will most likely be The story NPC who you fight against, because with computer moding NRS most likely knew that would happen so they will just actually add in the characters for us also.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I mean, Shinnok basically has his moveset already, there would be so much overlap between the characters if he were a reality
You mean literally two moves, both of which don't even function the same way.

Stealing one move for a one time use is not the same as completely transforming into another character a period of time.

Shinnok also lacks single ground skulls and up skulls, not to mention the fact that every returning character has completely new moves added to their toolbox as well as variation bonuses and new normals and strings.

You've made a terrible argument.

Frost fujin rain my press, fujin is major dlc bait, frost has been heavily rumored, andi rain was restructured heavily

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I'd love to see Shang. Fuck shinnok he's wack
If Liu, Lao, Jax, and Kitana can return from the dead in the canonical story. Shang can return as dlc. Predator tremor and Jason offer nothing to the story yet they are dlc...
Also I think dream eater was one of Freddy's moves

Certainly plausible, but i thought it was hinting his return for the next game.

Though i wouldn't be surprised if he did show up as DLC.

So here's my thought.

Now I know no other characters have been announced after the Kombat Pack.
However, the same thing happened with Injustice and we actually ended up getting 2 more characters (Zatanna and Martian Manhunter) after their season pass.

After playing through most of the character's Klassic Towers I noticed Shang Tsung actually appears in a lot of the endings.
The one that interested me most was especially Ermac's ending.
Ermac goes to Shao Kahns tomb or palace (I forgot) hearing a faint voice calling for him.
He then encounters a sandy ghost which steals a soul from him, low and behold, it's Shang Tsung who continues to drain even more souls from Ermac weakening him in the process.

Now I know it's a long shot, but it seems to hint towards Shang Tsung playing a rather big role in some of the character endings and it seems to hint that he might make a comeback.

What are your thoughts on this?
I agree I have wrote about it in DLC thread yesterday and here you are taking the words out of my mouth)

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
Okay I have just completed a couple towers for some characters such as Erron Black, Ermac and Johnny Cage. I have noticed that Shang Tsung is mentioned in their endings, this reminded me of Doomsdays ending, Lobo was in his ending and turnt out to be dlc. maybe this is a possible hint, I hope it is because I wonder how his variations would work.

P.s I dont want to see Shinnoks name, he aint a Shang Tsung he is a Kirby lol