What's new

Shang Tsung possible DLC after Kombat Pack? (Minor spoilers)

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
So here's my thought.

Now I know no other characters have been announced after the Kombat Pack.
However, the same thing happened with Injustice and we actually ended up getting 2 more characters (Zatanna and Martian Manhunter) after their season pass.

After playing through most of the character's Klassic Towers I noticed Shang Tsung actually appears in a lot of the endings.
The one that interested me most was especially Ermac's ending.
Ermac goes to Shao Kahns tomb or palace (I forgot) hearing a faint voice calling for him.
He then encounters a sandy ghost which steals a soul from him, low and behold, it's Shang Tsung who continues to drain even more souls from Ermac weakening him in the process.

Now I know it's a long shot, but it seems to hint towards Shang Tsung playing a rather big role in some of the character endings and it seems to hint that he might make a comeback.

What are your thoughts on this?

SZSR

Noob
Always possible but we kinda have Imposter Shinnok for that role (yeah I know, it's not the exact same). I'd honestly like to see someone else.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Shang would be amazing. He has always been one of my favorite characters. But I would prefer to see more new characters, or Skarlett return.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
sorry but Rain, Sindel, Baraka, Li Mei, and Sareena all have bigger roles in the game than he does and are not playable yet. so...NO..shang is sitting this game out for sure.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I just hope for more ninjas , i dont really care about Shang . Want Noob , Smoke and one cyber (Sektor or Cyrax)
I have a feeling Predator will cover both Sektor and Cyrax in terms of play.
If you look at Predators arsenal in the movies and think of ways to translate that in to the game, then you end up with a mixture of both Sektor and Cyrax.
As for Noob, I don't think he will be making a return, it was pretty much confirmed that he is really dead by Sub Zero in the story.
Smoke would be nice though, especially since he's in one of the faction kills.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
sorry but Rain, Sindel, Baraka, Li Mei, and Sareena all have bigger roles in the game than he does and are not playable yet. so...NO..shang is sitting this game out for sure.
Li Mei and Sareena barely did anything of notice in the story, they seemed to be just there for plot purpose, but had no significant role.
If any one of them had any role it would be Rain, both Sindel and Baraka seemed somewhat useless.
Fujin would also be a contender.

So here's my thought.

Now I know no other characters have been announced after the Kombat Pack.
However, the same thing happened with Injustice and we actually ended up getting 2 more characters (Zatanna and Martian Manhunter) after their season pass.

After playing through most of the character's Klassic Towers I noticed Shang Tsung actually appears in a lot of the endings.
The one that interested me most was especially Ermac's ending.
Ermac goes to Shao Kahns tomb or palace (I forgot) hearing a faint voice calling for him.
He then encounters a sandy ghost which steals a soul from him, low and behold, it's Shang Tsung who continues to drain even more souls from Ermac weakening him in the process.

Now I know it's a long shot, but it seems to hint towards Shang Tsung playing a rather big role in some of the character endings and it seems to hint that he might make a comeback.

What are your thoughts on this?
Pure speculation, yet I think it's rather setting it up for MK XI, if at all that.

If there was a DLC pack 2, Fujin would be front runner.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Kitana
Lao
Liu Kang
Ermac
Reptile
Ferra/Torr
Erron Black

All did absolutely nothing and they're playable characters. Shang is pretty popular and if Zatanna/MMH are evidence any bonus characters will be fan favorites

Shania Twain

Li Mei and Sareena barely did anything of notice in the story, they seemed to be just there for plot purpose, but had no significant role.
If any one of them had any role it would be Rain, both Sindel and Baraka seemed somewhat useless.
Fujin would also be a contender.
my point is those characters are more likely. tanya did less than any of them did and is dlc. either way. shang isn't happening.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I dunno, doubt it.

I think we might get the 3 NPC from story mode Baraka, Rain & Sindel.
I am thinking we will get a story pack with playable necs and 1 more bonus character which I hope I am wrong in as we got Jason and predator already.
If we get more dlc please make it 4 so my selection screen doesn't look broken. Always annoyed me how injustice had 2 extra and not 4 heh

Shania Twain

Kitana
Lao
Liu Kang
Ermac
Reptile
Ferra/Torr
Erron Black

All did absolutely nothing and they're playable characters. Shang is pretty popular and if Zatanna/MMH are evidence any bonus characters will be fan favorites
they did more though than non-cannon shang tsung endings. the only way shang would be relevant as dlc is if he morphed into everyone like classic games and I doubt he'd do that. plus...I just thing shang and shao kahn have had their moment and shinnok sorta fills shang's shoes. I just don't think it is likely to happen. I would much rather fuijin, rain, sindel, reiko, or someone else. but if he is in and made awesome. i'd be cool but I doubt it happens.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I really wish he would be. He feels like the main icon missing from the MKX roster, but I wouldn't bet on it at all.

If I were to place my money, I'd bet we're getting a story pack consisting of Rain, Baraka, Sindel and potentially Fujin.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
I realy don't understand people's mania about Fujin ... it smells like Zatana and Lobo from Injustice ... ultra hype and after release 99.9999% of the people dropped them.
I dont think Shang is comming but i hope Rain , Baraka , Sindel and some Robot make it.