What's new

Move List Secret/Hidden Brutality List

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
@Syzoth

Since you're adding the back turns, I've found 2 others.

Kung Lao Throw Brutality -> Hold D+BLK. He'll turn around

Mileena Pedigree (DB4, FF1) -> Hold D+Stance Switch+BLK. She'll turn around. This one is weird though and I'd like other people to look into it because she doesn't just turn around... she cancel her roll back animation. You can also cancel her roll back animation without turning around with D+Block

Listen I don't have them all, found erron black only because he been only character I played. Gave to @SonicFox5000 because he best Erron Black player. I only have a few from digging. Rest up to you guys to find. Like I said pattern is simple always holding down buttons. Again, I don't have them all
I don't want you to tell me the ones you've actually found @jamessmk , because I'm hunting hard for these, but I would appreciate one thing: Using the Reptile and EB ones as guidelines, I have been testing all character brutalities using this pastebin for combinations: http://pastebin.com/FRY56TmJ , do the ones you've found follow this pattern? If not, could you possibly PM me so I can fix it? I presume every brutality requires a button input and a direction, and involves block. Stance switch, the direction and the button being the variables.

I also have a google doc I'm going through to jot down which ones I've checked here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SnH9PLBdGgI-sy1B0NsxLEy6E7y_C7rw3lbAJARapkY/edit?usp=sharing for anyone thats curious. Me and Fayaz have been workin it.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I forgot how to do sonya's if i remember correctly, you need to win the round with at least 50% of your health and then hold down in the D-input.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
someone PLEASE FIND LIU KANGS :,( :,( , we need to find itttt :D
I'm looking hard but no success yet :( I want one so bad for him, hopefully where he turns into a dragon. I neeeeeeeeeeeed it. I've checked the pattern the reptile + eb brutalities follow on 4/5 of his though and no such luck. I'm thinking tomorrow I'm gonna test a couple more things, but its looking grim for Kang :(

I'm looking hard but no success yet :( I want one so bad for him, hopefully where he turns into a dragon. I neeeeeeeeeeeed it. I've checked the pattern the reptile + eb brutalities follow on 4/5 of his though and no such luck. I'm thinking tomorrow I'm gonna test a couple more things, but its looking grim for Kang :(
maybe its a no variation one , or possible in dualist or flame fist :eek:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Ronin Takeda has one with his parry
Is this the one all the Takeda hype was about?

Makes the combinations even harder to find. I want a cassie one, the head lying next to her look easily kickable or stompable; her spec ops american way one leaves blood on her face which she might wipe off.

Hopefully I find one soon.
I think your mindset is in the right direction man.

Thank you @Ahmad @KHTC Takgillo @Eddy Wang @The Celebrity I will add your guys inputs right now:)

Syzoth

maybe its a no variation one , or possible in dualist or flame fist :eek:
If we start finding variation specific ones I think the community may just lose their minds lol.

Does holding too many buttons invalidate the input? I'ma get out of bed and test when coffee is done.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
If we start finding variation specific ones I think the community may just lose their minds lol.

Does holding too many buttons invalidate the input? I'ma get out of bed and test when coffee is done.
Holding too many inputs 100% invalidates the brutal, unless its a "Turn Around" alteration. The turn arounds seem to proc when Down + Block are held on the first frame of the brutality animation. It makes me think that the Turn Around ones may actually lead to real alternate versions with a second input.

The input needs to be exact on ones like Reptile and EB though. No additional buttons and/or directions. Which means that really it could mean any of these combinations: http://pastebin.com/LTTtVaRZ , perhaps even more if some require holding 2 buttons at once.

Xzyj

Noob
gonna try to find something for scorpion, i hope he has a really cool one, hellfire brutality sucks (i expected a brutality with EX-hellfire to burn them to ashes)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The best way to find these things is brute forcing. The community should share the work, let one person take one brutality and try all the combinations up to 3 and 4 inputs. It will take one guy less than one hour to go through everything. How many brutalities are there? 150? If 150 ppl share the work, we should have everything unlocked in one day.

If anyone here knows the game FEZ, it had a similar situation. The last puzzle in the game was impossible to solve. Only a few days after release people were getting extremely frustrated with that puzzle so they started brute forcing. They listed the thousands of possible codes to solve the puzzle and one guy was able to find it after like 1300 attempts. And a fun fact, it's still unknown how to properly solve that one puzzle like 4 years after the game was released lol.

Xzyj

Noob
I remember the guy in "erron black secret brutality" topic said that he checked some game files and found some lines about crow and erron black, and there was "3" and "left trigger" something like that, i wonder what files he checked? as we know the inputs actually contain holding 3 and left trigger now, so maybe we can find other brutalities through those files?

Syzoth

The best way to find these things is brute forcing. The community should share the work, let one person take one brutality and try all the combinations up to 3 and 4 inputs. It will take one guy less than one hour to go through everything. How many brutalities are there? 150? If 150 ppl share the work, we should have everything unlocked in one day.
You're not wrong.

Everyone wants one for their main ofcourse and I got one for my main so mostly I'm satiated. However. I play competitively as a counter picker and as such I can hold a KOTH for awhile with 12 different characters. :confused: so most likely I will be happy with no matter who we figure out next. I'ma do some work with scorpion too - but I only have one controller so I can't do brutality combat.

Xzyj

Noob
oh and btw by the logic of other hidden continuation/alternative brutals, am i right that they all was from 1st brutality of character?
while i'm testing it with EX-spear MB brutality i always have a slight lag at the moment when brutal is done, so maybe that's when system checks if the requirements was fulfilled for hidden brutal or not (having a good PC, not lagging because of special effects)

Syzoth

oh and btw by the logic of other hidden continuation/alternative brutals, am i right that they all was from 1st brutality of character?
while i'm testing it with EX-spear MB brutality i always have a slight lag at the moment when brutal is done, so maybe that's when system checks if the requirements was fulfilled for hidden brutal or not (having a good PC, not lagging because of special effects)
They are both the first brutality listed so far. And several characters have a stance switch off grab brutalities.

Xzyj

Noob
So i searched all characters documents (CHAR_XXX_A.mko ones) for "AreButtonsPressed" and so far the only ones that had that line was:

Erron Black (CHAR_Nomad_A), text looks like this:

"MovesetPartnerKnockdownReaction brut_blood_drip_long FX.FX_Brutality.Meshes Brutality_Crow Grapple_Chest Animations.Shared_Anims.Reactions.Reactions_FactionKill NPC_Crow_Landing FullSkeleton BlendSkelAnim FGCharacterObj_AmIFacingLeft MKSkeletalObj_SetCastDynamicShadow brut_crow_fly_in NPC_Crow_Pecking_Looking beak PlaySoundAtObjLoc_ScriptAssetHeaderP_MKObjP Brutality_AreButtonsPressed Stance_Alt_3 Stance_Alt_3_Revolver_R Characters.CHAR.Nomad.FX_Nomad.Particles_Brutality NO_Brutality_CrowSplat_FX brut_crow_squawk MKObj_SetHidden FGSoundEngine_CreateSoundAsset NPC_Crow_FlyAway brut_crow_fly_away CameraObstacleManager_HideForegroundCameraObstacles"

Lines between "AreButtonsPressed" and "SetHidden" pretty much tell you the story of alternate brutality, and also give you a hint to inputs "stance alt, 3, R_revolver(right trigger?), so i hoped for something like that in other ones too.

Johnny Cage (CHAR_JohnnyCage_A):

"Blood_Brutality_HorizontalSlice3_FX char_predator PLAYER_INFO_IsCharacter PhysObjInterface_SetLocationOffset FX.FX_Blood.Particles_TearBeams Blood_TendonTear_Distortion_Beam_FX FG_GAME_INFO_CreateDummyObj MKParticle_AttachBeamTargetPointToObj MKParticle_AttachBeamSourcePointToObj FG_GAME_INFO_DisableDefaultLifetimeKill FKill_LK_FrozenHead_Victim FKill_LK_FrozenHead_Body_G sfx_blood_splish PlaySoundAtObjLoc_ScriptAssetHeaderP_MKObjP Brutality_AreButtonsPressed Blood_Quitality_BR_FX MKParticle_SetTranslucencyROP MKObj_SetHidden CollisionResolutionObj_GetCollisionObj brut_chunk_head_land limbObj_label CollisionResolutionObj_GetManagedGameplaySkeletalObj FGSoundEngine_SetVolume FGSoundEngine_AttachSoundToObj brut_blood_drip_long GlobalMaterialOverrideManager_DONT_REMOVE_MATERIAL"

(This one is weird, between "Are buttons pressed" and "SetHidden" there's pretty much no info on inputs and on what's happening, in comparison to Erron's text)

Reptile (CHAR_Reptile_A):

"MKSkeletalObj_SetMotionBlur FG_GAME_INFO_SetLifespan_MKObjP_LifespanControl TongueEnd tonguewhip_block FX.FX_Blood.Particles_InGame Blood_Impact_1_HighSpeed_FX MKObj_SetHidden FKill_LK_Smoke FKill_LK_Smoke_G acidspit_hit FGCharacterObj_GetScript Characters.CHAR.Reptile.FX_Reptile.Particles_Brutality RE_Brutality_FaceSac_FX PLYR_SKEL_SIZE_GORO Char_Subzero_K TRAIT_Subzero2 FGCharacterObj_FindTrait TRAIT_Predator1 Char_Scorpion_J MKObj_SetScale brut_bubble_form InterpObjScale slow_motion_enter_short brut_bubble_loop MKParticle_HeapDtor MKSkeletalObj_FreezeCloth Input_CheckSwitch brut_gore_rip_tension hit_block_medium Brutality_AreButtonsPressed RE_Brutality_FaceSac_BloodPop_FX forceball_burst RE_Projectile_FX Blood_Brutality_BloodPool_Medium1_FX Blood_Brutality_BloodPool_Small1_FX BRUT_Head_RipOff FGCharacterObj_GetSkeletalMeshAsset PhysObjInterface_SetAttachPoint GameplaySkeletalObj_SetRestitution_f GameplaySkeletalObj_SetFriction_f FX.FX_Blood.Particles_Decalers Blood_Dipper_Large_Heavy_FX BrutalityCallback"

This one has "SetHidden" before "AreButtonsPressed" so i don't really know if "SetHidden" is really supposed to close the brutality input window or it means something else anymore. Also no inputes here after "AreButtonsPressed"

Tremor (CHAR_Tremor_A):

"FGSoundEngine_PlaySoundEvent_ScriptAssetHeaderP_GameplaySkeletalObjP_cP_FGSoundPriority brut_bone_break_med sfx_blood_spurt Nomad_Hide_RegionFlags_LowerTorso Sonya_RemoveOverrideFXGrenadeHolder Sonya_KnockOffGrenadeHolder Brutality_AreButtonsPressed Characters.DLC.Tremor.SharedProps.Meshes Tremor_Projectile_Marble_Sk FG_GAME_INFO_CreateGameplaySkeletalObj Tremor_Projectile_MarbleFace_Sk Neck GlobalMaterialOverrideManager_DONT_REMOVE_MATERIAL Brutality CharacterMaterialsOverride BRUT_Head_RipOff FGCharacterObj_DismemberMe_cCP_cCP_u_DismembermentFlags RA_Head_RipOff GameplaySkeletalObj_GetLastDismemberedSkelObj GetFaceAnim BlendSkelFaceToAnim"

That's it, only 4 characters have this line, and it seems like there is no real logical conclusion about does this line matter at all or not (well at least 2 hidden brutals in brutals had it so far (Reptile, Erron), but i have a feeling i just wasted my time for nothing, lol

Syzoth

but i have a feeling i just wasted my time for nothing, lol

I hope you haven't my friend. Any work done atleast tells us what won't help. Alot of characters have hidden x rays. So maybe those words aren't important.. or maybe we've found the only two... but that'd be stupid.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
thats interesting the kotal turning his back to camera is one.

ive had tremor turn his back to camera while kneeling after his xray brutality a few times and thought it was just a glitch or something.
must try when i get home to see if can do it with a button command on purpose

Goat-City

Banned
So i searched all characters documents (CHAR_XXX_A.mko ones) for "AreButtonsPressed" and so far the only ones that had that line was:

Erron Black (CHAR_Nomad_A), text looks like this:

"MovesetPartnerKnockdownReaction brut_blood_drip_long FX.FX_Brutality.Meshes Brutality_Crow Grapple_Chest Animations.Shared_Anims.Reactions.Reactions_FactionKill NPC_Crow_Landing FullSkeleton BlendSkelAnim FGCharacterObj_AmIFacingLeft MKSkeletalObj_SetCastDynamicShadow brut_crow_fly_in NPC_Crow_Pecking_Looking beak PlaySoundAtObjLoc_ScriptAssetHeaderP_MKObjP Brutality_AreButtonsPressed Stance_Alt_3 Stance_Alt_3_Revolver_R Characters.CHAR.Nomad.FX_Nomad.Particles_Brutality NO_Brutality_CrowSplat_FX brut_crow_squawk MKObj_SetHidden FGSoundEngine_CreateSoundAsset NPC_Crow_FlyAway brut_crow_fly_away CameraObstacleManager_HideForegroundCameraObstacles"

Lines between "AreButtonsPressed" and "SetHidden" pretty much tell you the story of alternate brutality, and also give you a hint to inputs "stance alt, 3, R_revolver(right trigger?), so i hoped for something like that in other ones too.

Johnny Cage (CHAR_JohnnyCage_A):

"Blood_Brutality_HorizontalSlice3_FX char_predator PLAYER_INFO_IsCharacter PhysObjInterface_SetLocationOffset FX.FX_Blood.Particles_TearBeams Blood_TendonTear_Distortion_Beam_FX FG_GAME_INFO_CreateDummyObj MKParticle_AttachBeamTargetPointToObj MKParticle_AttachBeamSourcePointToObj FG_GAME_INFO_DisableDefaultLifetimeKill FKill_LK_FrozenHead_Victim FKill_LK_FrozenHead_Body_G sfx_blood_splish PlaySoundAtObjLoc_ScriptAssetHeaderP_MKObjP Brutality_AreButtonsPressed Blood_Quitality_BR_FX MKParticle_SetTranslucencyROP MKObj_SetHidden CollisionResolutionObj_GetCollisionObj brut_chunk_head_land limbObj_label CollisionResolutionObj_GetManagedGameplaySkeletalObj FGSoundEngine_SetVolume FGSoundEngine_AttachSoundToObj brut_blood_drip_long GlobalMaterialOverrideManager_DONT_REMOVE_MATERIAL"
(This one is weird, between "Are buttons pressed" and "SetHidden" there's pretty much no info on inputs and on what's happening, in comparison to Erron's text)

Reptile (CHAR_Reptile_A):

"MKSkeletalObj_SetMotionBlur FG_GAME_INFO_SetLifespan_MKObjP_LifespanControl TongueEnd tonguewhip_block FX.FX_Blood.Particles_InGame Blood_Impact_1_HighSpeed_FX MKObj_SetHidden FKill_LK_Smoke FKill_LK_Smoke_G acidspit_hit FGCharacterObj_GetScript Characters.CHAR.Reptile.FX_Reptile.Particles_Brutality RE_Brutality_FaceSac_FX PLYR_SKEL_SIZE_GORO Char_Subzero_K TRAIT_Subzero2 FGCharacterObj_FindTrait TRAIT_Predator1 Char_Scorpion_J MKObj_SetScale brut_bubble_form InterpObjScale slow_motion_enter_short brut_bubble_loop MKParticle_HeapDtor MKSkeletalObj_FreezeCloth Input_CheckSwitch brut_gore_rip_tension hit_block_medium Brutality_AreButtonsPressed RE_Brutality_FaceSac_BloodPop_FX forceball_burst RE_Projectile_FX Blood_Brutality_BloodPool_Medium1_FX Blood_Brutality_BloodPool_Small1_FX BRUT_Head_RipOff FGCharacterObj_GetSkeletalMeshAsset PhysObjInterface_SetAttachPoint GameplaySkeletalObj_SetRestitution_f GameplaySkeletalObj_SetFriction_f FX.FX_Blood.Particles_Decalers Blood_Dipper_Large_Heavy_FX BrutalityCallback"

This one has "SetHidden" before "AreButtonsPressed" so i don't really know if "SetHidden" is really supposed to close the brutality input window or it means something else anymore. Also no inputes here after "AreButtonsPressed"

Tremor (CHAR_Tremor_A):

"FGSoundEngine_PlaySoundEvent_ScriptAssetHeaderP_GameplaySkeletalObjP_cP_FGSoundPriority brut_bone_break_med sfx_blood_spurt Nomad_Hide_RegionFlags_LowerTorso Sonya_RemoveOverrideFXGrenadeHolder Sonya_KnockOffGrenadeHolder Brutality_AreButtonsPressed Characters.DLC.Tremor.SharedProps.Meshes Tremor_Projectile_Marble_Sk FG_GAME_INFO_CreateGameplaySkeletalObj Tremor_Projectile_MarbleFace_Sk Neck GlobalMaterialOverrideManager_DONT_REMOVE_MATERIAL Brutality CharacterMaterialsOverride BRUT_Head_RipOff FGCharacterObj_DismemberMe_cCP_cCP_u_DismembermentFlags RA_Head_RipOff GameplaySkeletalObj_GetLastDismemberedSkelObj GetFaceAnim BlendSkelFaceToAnim"

That's it, only 4 characters have this line, and it seems like there is no real logical conclusion about does this line matter at all or not (well at least 2 hidden brutals in brutals had it so far (Reptile, Erron), but i have a feeling i just wasted my time for nothing, lol
There weren't any more that said MKObj_SetHidden either?

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Listen I don't have them all, found erron black only because he been only character I played. Gave to SonicFox5000 because he best Erron Black player. I only have a few from digging. Rest up to you guys to find. Like I said pattern is simple always holding down buttons. Again, I don't have them all
For some reason you're against revealing the commands but why don't you just show us what they look like in a video?

Ahmad

Noob
If you find a new brutality, just share it, that's the whole point here. If some people want to find them on their own without them being spoiled, then they should just avoid this thread.