What's new

SCR 2015 Loses Venue; Possibly Postponed or Moved

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
NWM currently has a big group of competitors coming from all over for MKX. I have rooms booked, at little to no cost for those in need, and since I'll have my car there will be offering free rides to and from the venue. We are glad people are trusting us with their attendance this year and I am determined to make their experience as positive as possible. Please consider us an alternative if SCR ends up moving to a less convenient date
Quoted in case people missed this

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
NWM currently has a big group of competitors coming from all over for MKX. I have rooms booked, at little to no cost for those in need, and since I'll have my car there will be offering free rides to and from the venue. We are glad people are trusting us with their attendance this year and I am determined to make their experience as positive as possible. Please consider us an alternative if SCR ends up moving to a less convenient date

this is way too much of a coincidence...

YOU DID THIS DIDNT YOU.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Bullocks, well thanks for letting all of us know, I'm in co and I wanted to travel for my first tourney, aaand now I got to wait and see what happens. :/, also what's nwm? And where? Etc etc

Really? A tournament being potentially cancelled is not thread-worthy on a site dedicated to competitive gaming?

But yeah no, move it to a PM or status updates so we can get more petition threads.
This has no direct relation to MKX take your personal convos elsewhere.

C88 Nailgun Facelift

I will give you a warriors death.
So everyone that booked a flight, transportation, lodging, and time off work is just screwed now? This is crap, I should have known when 2 months before the event there wasn't even a freaking date or venue.... very poorly organized. I hope too many people arent SOL do to these lame shinanigans.

haketh

Noob
Bullocks, well thanks for letting all of us know, I'm in co and I wanted to travel for my first tourney, aaand now I got to wait and see what happens. :/, also what's nwm? And where? Etc etc
NWM is Northwest Majors a Seattle Regional

This has no direct relation to MKX take your personal convos elsewhere.
It's a tournament that a ton of members of the NRS community loved & planned on coming out for. That's a huge thing for NRS.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
So everyone that booked a flight, transportation, lodging, and time off work is just screwed now? This is crap, I should have known when 2 months before the event there wasn't even a freaking date or venue.... very poorly organized. I hope too many people arent SOL do to these lame shinanigans.
How is this Valle's fault or poor organization?

This is really unfortunate, but i'm sure Valle and his team will sort things out.

How far in advanced have they been planning this and were on a schedule for venue space with the Hotel? Was it just a couple of months, or booked 6+ months to a year ago.

Hopefully the dates aren't moved for the people that already made travel arrangements, i'd hate to see fewer major tournaments on the West Coast than there already are.