What's new

SCR 2015 Loses Venue; Possibly Postponed or Moved

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
3/30/15 Update:
SCR Update:
After a week of calls/site visits throughout SoCal, unfortunately no venues have availability to suit our needs for May 1-3. As a result, we have to postpone SCR to a later date.
Good news however, we have a site meeting with a potential venue available for June 5-7 dates this Wednesday.
We'll update with more news as soon as we can.
We appreciate your patience!
- Level Up via @haketh

On fairly short notice, the venue for Southern California Regionals 2015 has fallen through. Organizer Alex Valle tweeted earlier today that a conflict with construction has left the event without a home. Postponing the tournament and finding a new venue for the current date are two options that are currently on the table, with more updates forthcoming.

Per @RM Indecisive from Level UP Facebook page:

SCR Venue Update:
After months of planning with our current venue, we were just informed today they cannot accommodate SCR due to delays with construction. This is extremely heartbreaking news for us as we worked extremely hard to produce an amazing event for the fighting game community in SoCal.

So what happens next?
If we want to maintain the May 1-3 dates, we have to look for another venue in SoCal that can truly accommodate our needs. Another alternative is to wait for construction to complete at our current venue which will take over 6 weeks forcing us to change dates.

What are we going to do?
We are determined to run SCR this year no matter what and currently reaching out to other venues to make our May 1-3 dates. If we cannot find a venue in time to make our target dates, we’ll continue our efforts to find accommodations but on a later date. We can’t stress enough on how important it is to make sure we deliver this event for the fans. We will update everyone as soon as we have any SCR news.

What about those that booked flights / hotel?
We are truly sorry about the inconvenience. We are currently looking into options as mentioned above to possibly deliver the event as planned.

We appreciate your understanding,

Level Up

_________

Pig of the Hut says:

"What are you guys hearing about scr? Is it really cancelled ?

My suggestion is support NWM and all go there if scr is cancelled. There's been all sorts of talk on twitter today how the hotel screwed scr last min (today) w brand new construction canceling their event

Anyway, any word on this?"

*Edited by @CrimsonShadow

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Pig Of The Hut

no its not cancelled they just had an issue with the venue and they can no longer do the event in the venue they had lined up for it. because of that the date may change. as of now the event is still happening
So if you bought travel already you're screwed ?

Hoping that's not the case for anyone

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
That is seeming to very likely be the case, it's going to be damn near impossible to find a venue that can fit the event with that date.
i mean its possible. the venue for apex this year was shut down DURING the event and they managed to have a venue change on the same day and the event still happened. it just changed from a 3 day event to a 2 day event

haketh

Noob
i mean its possible. the venue for apex this year was shut down DURING the event and they managed to have a venue change on the same day and the event still happened. it just changed from a 3 day event to a 2 day event
SoCal locations are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery different from NJ when it comes to booking for events, plus APEX only pulled it off because of Twitch which is likely to happen again & the best way SCR has a chance of happening same dates.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Taken from their FB page:
SCR Venue Update:
After months of planning with our current venue, we were just informed today they cannot accommodate SCR due to delays with construction. This is extremely heartbreaking news for us as we worked extremely hard to produce an amazing event for the fighting game community in SoCal.

So what happens next?
If we want to maintain the May 1-3 dates, we have to look for another venue in SoCal that can truly accommodate our needs. Another alternative is to wait for construction to complete at our current venue which will take over 6 weeks forcing us to change dates.

What are we going to do?
We are determined to run SCR this year no matter what and currently reaching out to other venues to make our May 1-3 dates. If we cannot find a venue in time to make our target dates, we’ll continue our efforts to find accommodations but on a later date. We can’t stress enough on how important it is to make sure we deliver this event for the fans. We will update everyone as soon as we have any SCR news.

We are truly sorry about the inconvenience. We are currently looking into options as mentioned above to possibly deliver the event as planned.

Level Up

Pig Of The Hut

Taken from their FB page:
SCR Venue Update:

So what happens next?

What are we going to do?

Level Up
@STORMS u should front page this

Kinda big news

Indecisive

@STORMS u should front page this

Kinda big news
Agreed. @STORMS Front page please. This should be kept an eye on. Possibly putting it in the spinner. It could save people a lot of money and help people plan for the situation at hand. Also Pig. Copy and paste the FB Message on the Original Post so people coming into the thread will see it right away.

Indecisive

Block Confirmed!!! haha, also thanks for making this thread. This is VERY important, especially for us NRS guys on the west coast.
It is important but i feel it is more important to the people who are traveling from one side of the courty to the other. Or even from a different country. Since they have to book their flights in advanceand take days offf and such. although West coast does have to do the same to some extent you guys are in somewhat driving distance from the location. It legit does suck for anyone who wanted to go

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
NWM currently has a big group of competitors coming from all over for MKX. I have rooms booked, at little to no cost for those in need, and since I'll have my car there will be offering free rides to and from the venue. We are glad people are trusting us with their attendance this year and I am determined to make their experience as positive as possible. Please consider us an alternative if SCR ends up moving to a less convenient date

It is important but i feel it is more important to the people who are traveling from one side of the courty to the other. Or even from a different country. Since they have to book their flights in advanceand take days offf and such. although West coast does have to do the same to some extent you guys are in somewhat driving distance from the location. It legit does suck for anyone who wanted to go
oh yeah I know that for sure. I hope valle is able to find a venue that works for the event, SCR is a tournament I go to yearly and if its date was moved, I would have no chance of traveling to combo breaker or some other out of the west coast event :(

Last edited:

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Dude that really sucks...
Us guys on the west coast have been working very hard to get another major going on the west coast. We've gotten a great response for NWM this year and already have alot of out of towners coming in. I was excited to go into mkx with two west coast majors but this is depressing. The only thing i can say is NWM is the week before SCR. If SCR gets cancelled or moved, maybe you guys can change your flights and come there. We really need two west coast majors. Reguardless of what happens with this, we need to continue to support BOTH tournaments going into mkx.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
SoCal locations are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery different from NJ when it comes to booking for events, plus APEX only pulled it off because of Twitch which is likely to happen again & the best way SCR has a chance of happening same dates.
oh i know that much im just saying its possible. twitch is on their side as well