What's new

SCR 2014 Registration is Now "LIVE" Plus Caps for Injustice: Gods Among Us, MK and KI

I think
It just seems to me that they gave games that they know have low turn out from previous years or have never been run at SCR before the 64 man limit. I don't see what the big deal is.
i dont either honestly. The only games that have more than 64 are of course the capcom games, kof and super smash brothers. Whether or not kof and ssbm deserve more cap than the rest of the games is a better question. Obviously sf and marvel will have the most entrants, but are kof and ssbm really going to have more than injustice?

NurzBenny

Old Member
this is kinda make or breaking me flying out for it, and I really wanted an excuse to go to california again

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Fools should understand the value of pre-registering. First and foremost, it makes our game look better by having more registrant numbers shown to the world in advance. That in itself is how we should support our own damn game which we have trouble doing for some reason.

Secondly, you will get properly seeded to not be with your own coast. If you don't get properly seeded, you have enough time in advance to request a switch. It was heartbreaking at NEC to see some of our own coasts be in the same pool, be it East or West Coast. It boggles my mind why some people don't pre-register knowing that it is a recipe for disaster for their bracketology. It penalizes people who did pre-register!

If you fools also don't pre-register so people wont know what pool you're in, use a hidey or whatever, I dunno. Yeah, I'm so gear-grinded that I called yaw' some fools.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The article says that caps may be increased if "they are able to secure further resources and space".. Which means that if they can't get a bigger space, you can pre-register all you want and it won't make a difference.

Injustice is treated like this because everyone and their mother just shows up and doesn't pre reg. Stop bitching and pre reg.
Didn't we have like 80-90 people pre-regged at NEC? You can't tell me KoF is doing better than that these days.

Where did I say in my post that the popularity for those games are equivalent?
You said that you thought the caps were assigned due to the games' popularity in the region.. Which would indicate that those two games have similar popularity in the region since they're both capped at 64. That's why it doesn't make sense

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I hope they do what they did last year and said NRS heres your corner, just dont bother the adults.That was so fun and hype!!

is pre-reg open yet? Valle runs great events and always listens to the community as much as he can i have faith this will be an excellent event!

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Mortal Kombat is Mortal Kombat, be grateful they made the game in 2011 now after 3 yrs ppl be like "Ehh fuck it now its not the shit anymore" smh tells me how much of a fan ppl are.

The concept of a cap makes sense if they have limited space/resources, but the distribution of the caps does not make sense.

So between AE, MvC and Smash, that's over 750 entrants, but then Injustice is capped at 64?

And why would you give Injustice the same cap as MK9 KI and Skullgirls, when IGAU will likely have more potential entrants than all of those games (it just had 140 or so at NEC).

You could cap AE MvC and Smash at 200 entrants apiece and then have 150 more entrants to play around with.. Maybe then you could cap IGAU at 128, which seems a lot safer to me.
its just the personal taste of organizers. injustice is the 3rd biggest game at every Major, but that fact regularly meets ignorance. ridiculous entry caps, top 8 starting times, dive kick being streamed over it. and it will stay like that until NRS fans will take things into their own Hands and get into Major organization big time.

and i dont really see a 128 man KOF tournament Happening? probably cal calculates with a lot of asian competition.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
So 128 for KoF and 64 for Injustice?

Not hating on the other game but this makes absolutely no sense.
It could also come down to sponser ship and things like that, It's up to the community to pre reg hard and hit that 64 man cap in like a day, and show them they should bump the cap. Who cares about the other games. PEOPLE NEED TO SUPPORT THERE GAME AND NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT EVERONE ELSE GOT.

It's like my kids. One kids Popsicle ends up being a little bigger then the other, so they are pissed and whining about it so as there Popsicle melts while whining about the other ones they miss out on enjoying there Popsicle which was pretty good in the first place.

Error404

Noob
KOF has 128 spots ? That game probably sold 50 copies why the how does it have a larger cap than injustice ? Oh I don't honestly think that there will be more than 100 players for smash .

Cash

Noob
It's pretty damn simple pre-register show a demand and boom Valle will oblige! As far as the KOF bashing and saying they get low numbers etc.. The game has a big following in Southern California and with Mexico[ the game is huge there] being in such close proximity the amount of players who travel from there should add to numbers! I agree injustice should have a larger cap but I don't think it's a matter of disrespect as much as what Valle thinks the numbers will be given the history of his event. I encourage you guys to pre reg because if Valle sees the amount of support the game gets he will be more inclined to make beneficial changes such as pool assignments and obviously entrants!

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Honestly its pretty OBVIOUS why injustice got capped where its at, the FGC as a whole seems to hate the game and only wants its downfall. No matter where I'm at I hear nothin but hate for the game. EVEN people I play with do nothing but talk shit about the game.

So many threads on TYM "injustice sucks this" "injustice needs that or it'll be shitty"

Our community is too Damn small. Albeit bigger than KOFs community, but their support for the game is unreal.

We got people like CD Jr who does nothing but talk shit about the game, but still attends majors here and there. We got people here who don't even play injustice anymore, and still talk shit about it.

I hate the cap. I understand it tho. maybe if this community came together a bit more and actually showed how solid a game this is, things would be different. It seems like injustice gets no love UNTIL a major happens. smh.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I am sure that if more then 64 people register or want to play the game that Valle will open up more spots. The key would be to communicate with him via twitter or facebook.

Lol FGC is silly sometimes, they complain about growth and lack of exposure (collusion bro we need need to grow, because it's not hype!), but they kill their own games by shafting games that are doing well over and over again, with proven interest...

9 AM Grand Final time slots and 64 caps for a game that brings you money and does what you want which is to "grow" the FGC, SMH. I know not many people like IGAU, but, it has shown to bring "hype" and "entrants" so what's the logic?

UltraDavid better do something, he loves this game, Lol.

I never understood, why this happens.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Coming in to clear the air about registration caps.

We've always had registration caps at SCR which allows us to calculate exact tournament schedules / resources.

From previous numbers to my research, we've been relatively consistent with estimating registrants.

AE/UMVC3/Melee without a doubt will have 200+ entrants

KOFXIII had around 80+. (Also keep in mind SoCal is home to the EVO 2013 World Champion [AS | Reynald] and South America is gunning for him.) Been writing international Visa invitations for many players already for this event.

Now, we're stressing caps more than ever this year because we have 20 games on the roster and very limited in space/resources.

We do however have 1 room unaccounted for just in case there is a need to increase a game cap.

I'm not a fan of separating rooms/communities so we're trying our best to fit everything in the main ballroom.

So the ball is in your community's court at this point.

If Injustice easily deserves 128man bracket, then pre-reg should hit 64 with the quickness to show us your community warrants the cap increase.

I'm not unreasonable guys, I'm a fan like you guys but with realistic expectations.

Registration is now LIVE btw =)

http://www.socalregionals.com/?page_id=6

Last edited: