What's new

SCR 2014 Registration is Now "LIVE" Plus Caps for Injustice: Gods Among Us, MK and KI

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Does any one know when the last day for pre registration is? If i can make arrangements for a plane ticket before Feb I'll definitely pre reg and try to make it

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Honestly its pretty OBVIOUS why injustice got capped where its at, the FGC as a whole seems to hate the game and only wants its downfall. No matter where I'm at I hear nothin but hate for the game. EVEN people I play with do nothing but talk shit about the game.

So many threads on TYM "injustice sucks this" "injustice needs that or it'll be shitty"

Our community is too Damn small. Albeit bigger than KOFs community, but their support for the game is unreal.

We got people like CD Jr who does nothing but talk shit about the game, but still attends majors here and there. We got people here who don't even play injustice anymore, and still talk shit about it.

I hate the cap. I understand it tho. maybe if this community came together a bit more and actually showed how solid a game this is, things would be different. It seems like injustice gets no love UNTIL a major happens. smh.
Exactly this! Our own community is plagued with wretchedly fake supporters.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
storms, you gave examples of mortal kombat AND killer instinct also having 64 caps in that thread you closed for some reason. Let's take a look at the couple past MK tournament entrant counts. NEC had like below 20 and Frosty had about 11. MK isn't a priority anymore, people have to fuckin deal with it. and fuck all the people who are blowing GGA up for not supporting the game anymore. when the game was averaging 20+ entrants per game (UFGT, CEO, VxG (EVO doesnt count)), you bet your ass you saw us playing our hearts out for the love of the game, putting injustice second, while other mk community members brushed it off and eventually, let it die. we TRAVELED for it(different story, but w/e hold that fgts). Killer instinct, the well known "$500" xbone game has had shit entrant history too, granted it hasnt been out for a while, but when has predicting the outcome of players ever granted a non capcom game seniority(in this case, having the same cap as injustice, which 64 is fine FOR THAT GAME just trying to prove a point) over games that have recently been doing well (Injustice)? this is bullshit. mk and KI deserve 64 entrant cap

I trust EGP and Compton to do work in making this cap larger. The lack of majors anywhere besides the east coast is a huge problem, limiting exposure aside from weekly tournies. bottom line is, injustice has proved to be a hype game that draws in numbers, and has players across the map looking to play. The fact that KoF has more entrants is retarded. if they have to abide by their strict # of entrants, imo take out 64 of smash and put it in injustice, or some other sort of swapping of aloud entrant #s.
I respect and agree with this %100. You're right..

I've been trying to tell you guys....stop supporting these capcom events, and grow the NRS scene. They aren't givin us any love, so why support their even with our cash and views?

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Injustice Rules:
  • Loser has option of switching character and also taking player side of choice.
  • First pick is random stage select. Loser selects next stage.
Double random is our standard. Every major since CEO. What's happening? We don't need this dissention in the community again, this has to change. Plus, does this mean loser can change character and stage? You guys know I really want to go to SCR for whatever I can experience, but the actual tournament is THE reason I go to any major. With these options, I just won't do it - it's not the ruleset I know.

I'm not travelling to get countered by character AND stage. I can stay home and do that.
...and if I'm wrong about something, please set me straight because I really want to come.
...and yes, I've pre-reg'd without hesitation anyway.

CaliPower
EMPEROR_THEO
Cash
Sajam
Krayzie
EGP Wonder_Chef
TenZeRo7

@WhoeverElseIsConcernedWithRules

Last edited:

Sami

Noob
Double random, all the time, or GTFO. Stages matter too much in Injustice (even more so in MK) for it to be any other way.

The NRS community needs to remember back to MLG Dallas where the entrants for MK9 were capped. Everyone went shit-nuts and pre-registered (out of outrage, of pride, and to embarrass TTT2 lol) and it ended with the cap being raised and one of the most hype tourneys MK saw.

edit: 99% sure it was MLG Dallas...

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Injustice Rules:
  • Loser has option of switching character and also taking player side of choice.
  • First pick is random stage select. Loser selects next stage.
Double random is our standard. Every major since CEO. What's happening? We don't need this dissention in the community again, this has to change. Plus, does this mean loser can change character and stage? You guys know I really want to go to SCR for whatever I can experience, but the actual tournament is THE reason I go to any major. With these options, I just won't do it - it's not the ruleset I know.

I'm not travelling to get countered by character AND stage. I can stay home and do that.
...and if I'm wrong about something, please set me straight because I really want to come.
...and yes, I've pre-reg'd without hesitation anyway.

EMPEROR_THEO
Cash
Sajam
Krayzie
EGP Wonder_Chef
TenZeRo7

@WhoeverElseIsConcernedWithRules
CaliPower is the man to tag.

After experiencing the double random rule at NEC, I agree with it as well. It works.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
If Injustice easily deserves 128man bracket, then pre-reg should hit 64 with the quickness to show us your community warrants the cap increase.

I'm not unreasonable guys, I'm a fan like you guys but with realistic expectations.

Registration is now LIVE btw =)

http://www.socalregionals.com/?page_id=6
Thank you for the response. WHEN we do surpass the cap, can you please split Injustice pools into 2 days like the other heavy entrant games? A lot of East Coast players want to go, but planned to arrive that Friday afternoon, and aren't sure about coming after seeing the schedule.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I've been trying to tell you guys....stop supporting these capcom events, and grow the NRS scene. They aren't givin us any love, so why support their even with our cash and views?
Dude, not givin us any love?? MK9 at Evo 3 years?? Injustice at every Major? Spooky giving it stream time, Art trying to blow it up. Why the hell would anyone with the means or money in the NRS community even try to put together an NRS only tourny. When no one travels for these games anyways?? The east expects everyone in the country and Canada to come to there events, but won't travel far for theres, and they don't have to because everything is over there. So Cal EGP have ran events that are very MK focus'd and no one from outta town went.

People that don't understand how this shit works or are unwilling to travel more then 2 hours, should not talk about the "capcom" scene shitting on us, we shit on ourselves well enough for them to not have to worry about it.

You have to take what you get from these big events and SHOW them that we deserve to be there. Get hype for the stream games, watch other matches when you arent playing. Shit people usually don't even show up till there pool, then sit there and go, oh look golf claps. Cause no one is there to watch any of the matches that don't involve them.

Sick of people bitching and saying our problems are because of the Capcom community, we have had tons of opportunities because of people running those tournys, and have squandered most of it.

Just get out and support tournys if you want your games there, easy as that.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Are they doing this to discourage people from per-registering or what........this is some fishy stuff.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Read entire posts and threads and understand a situation before you post and look like a tool.
Cool beans,I'll make sure to write that in my notepad,but I'm not a fool and I still stand by my previous statement.

*Thumbs Up*

Last edited:

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Cool beans,I'll make sure to right that in my notepad,but I'm not a fool and I still stand by my previous statement.

*Thumps Up*
Ok, lets talk about it then, why in the world would capping a game and putting up pre reg almost a full 2 months before the tourny be a fishy way to discourage people from pre regging?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Ok, lets talk about it then, why in the world would capping a game and putting up pre reg almost a full 2 months before the tourny be a fishy way to discourage people from pre regging?
Lets take this to the PM instead, don't wanna muddy up this thread any further.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Lets take this to the PM instead, don't wanna muddy up this thread any further.
Good call, I honestly just wanna understand the thinking, because to me, they are doing things to make this a better tourny, and have everyones game there. 20 games is a fuck load of games to have.