What's new

SCR 2014 Registration is Now "LIVE" Plus Caps for Injustice: Gods Among Us, MK and KI

Vagrant

Noob
Killer instinct, the well known "$500" xbone game has had shit entrant history too, granted it hasnt been out for a while, but when has predicting the outcome of players ever granted a non capcom game seniority(in this case, having the same cap as injustice, which 64 is fine FOR THAT GAME just trying to prove a point) over games that have recently been doing well (Injustice)? this is bullshit. mk and KI deserve 64 entrant cap
Oh ok so we're pretending that the one tournament KI has been at (one of 9999999 east coast majors, right before the holidays, which is before most people got their consoles) is an accurate representation of how the game will do at tournaments.

..word

I get that your mad that your game got fucked on cap, but don't shit on mine to prove your point.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Oh ok so we're pretending that the one tournament KI has been at (one of 9999999 east coast majors, right before the holidays, which is before most people got their consoles) is an accurate representation of how the game will do at tournaments.

..word

I get that your mad that your game got fucked on cap, but don't shit on mine to prove your point.
How many entrants were at The Runback after Christmas?

GGA Wafflez

the kid

..word

uhhh ok..

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
wtf 64 injustice?
that's just disrespectful, cal alone will have more than 64 players for injustice.
every1 should register, even the ones that are not going.
Let's force them to increase the cap

Vagrant

Noob
How many entrants were at The Runback after Christmas?
I don't know, hard to tell much by weeklies either.

I think Final Round might be around the time this game really starts to start to establish itself. The numbers are going to grow slow over the next year. But I think they'll be steady.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
nobody pre registers for tournys, and the east coast rarely travels to the west coast in the NRS scene. It's a problem and difficult for tournament planners. Honestly, if you wanna go, just pre reg and get in there, Injustice should be higher then 64, but would they really hit 128 at SCR?? If you are not even planning on going anyway, don't bitch about it.

Having a cap helps the planning and gives an over all better tournament experience for those going.

I personally think all tournys should be pre reg only and have caps, that limits pot monsters which limits shit matches on streams with people that don't even play. It will help them run on time, and make pools the most balanced they can be.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
How many entrants were at The Runback for KI after Christmas?
Challonge says "11."

MK9 will have 25-30 entrants MAX. Injustice's cap is seriously way too low.
The SoCal scene will provide that number. If others travelling in register for it, we can have a nice sized tourney. Back in August when AZ/LV showed up we had 42. Register for MK lads, we still play in smogville. ;)

Last edited:

T3rror

Noob
Yea really don't see what the big deal is? All you have to do is pre reg and if they see the numbers are high the cap will be raised.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Yea really don't see what the big deal is? All you have to do is pre reg and if they see the numbers are high the cap will be raised.
Then they should all be the same, or that wouldn't make sense.

But if you're going to set different caps, then they should be done in accordance with how many people are actually showing up to play the games.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
yeah I don't understand. If everybody pre registers and we get more than 64 they'll have to bump it up

T3rror

Noob
Why should they all be the same? The caps were probably determined from the popularity of the game in the region which could explain why is kof, sf, marvel, and smash all have high caps. The whole point of pre-reg is to make planning and scheduling easier. Not like Valle going to say "nope can't do it" if more than 64 people pre-reg. As Krayzie said show them why the cap needs to be increased.

Goldi

Noob
Pre register, pre register, PRE FLUFFING REGISTER!!

Lol they will most likely raise the cap on games with enough pre registered entrants ala MLG Dallas... I'd bet my lucky hit box on it ;) but gamers love to do everything last minute.. Self included.

redeyes

Button Masher
just do what we did for dallas people.

cap it so they are forced to raise it.

if its capped they'll raise the cap because it means more $$ for them too.

just stop being fucking lazy and pre reg people.

Lol. soul calibur 2, st, virtua fighter, dive kick and mk wont even reach half that number. They could taken some off all of them and gave it to injustice and KI.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The caps were probably determined from the popularity of the game in the region which could explain why is kof, sf, marvel, and smash all have high caps.
If you think the popularity of Skullgirls and IGAU in SoCal are equivalent, I don't know what to say.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
If you think the popularity of Skullgirls and IGAU in SoCal are equivalent, I don't know what to say.
It just seems to me that they gave games that they know have low turn out from previous years or have never been run at SCR before the 64 man limit. I don't see what the big deal is.