What's new

Breakthrough Scorpion Patch Changes V1.06 Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
· Corrected an issue where some combos were doubling their damage scaling.
· Adjusted the hit box on the Gravedigger (Medium, Up + Hard) combo to hit all crouching opponents.
· The Gravedigger (Medium, Up + Hard) combo now has a block advantage of -1 (down from +5).
· The Bloody Spear can now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.
· Fixed an issue where using the Bloody Spear vs Aquaman while in his Water of Life character power would result in Scorpion getting knocked down.
· Fixed an issue where Scorpion’s Teleport Punch would pass through opponents who are in a state where they cannot be repelled.

discuss....

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
personally my first thoughts on it are...

we'll be getting better damage off some combos,
2u3 hits everyone with some other fixes aswell and i dont mind 2u3 being changed to -1.
also the universal change to MB f3/b3, thats a bonus aswell

im happy he got anything being honest,so happy days :)

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
still unsafe and still shit in my eyes, but then again alot of the top characters have been nerfed so he may be closer to viable again.

All they had to do literally was make the teleport not cross up, similar to how Zod's ghost of KT Smith does not cross you up when he hits you. Then give all of his old tools back.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
still pisses me off cuz they don't give his J3 hitbox back. Damage buff and 2U3 fix sound very good, but now i think i have to use him more careful and use more mind game.
Lol at least people won't think that you're a scrub cuz you can easily pick up Scorpion. If you mentally have to play the character better, then that's fine with me really. Bring on the mind games bro. lol.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
So NRS tell us, "oops, the damage actually WASN'T normal"....

To everyone who thought his damage was fine as is, double scaling on more than one combo???? See how much people downplay when they do not like a character?

These buffs are very pleasing to me. All I really wanted was some damage from Scorpion. People are gonna throw fits if I can crack 30% per combo along with the resets/50 50s. It won't make him overpowered, just viable again!

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
damage buff sounds good but i really want to see how good the damage will be. hope it won't be shit again. 2u3 fix is very nice but -1 on block so i think i must be more careful can't abuse my opponents with it lol. but now it's time for more mind games with Scorpion :joker:.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
It's cool they fixed his dmg cause damn it was horse shit.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I just got Scorpion and am starting to learn him, so right now I don't have much opinion on this
However I'd just like to say after browsing Scorpion forum, is that wow, I thought the Lex forum was slow, it's nothing compared to this

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
If I'm reading this right when they say "Corrected an issue where some combos were doubling their damage scaling" I'm guessing they mean that after we use meter burn specials (ie: Spear, Teleport) in our combos it will scale at a normal rate now. If that is so then this is very good news.

I'm more excited about the system changes then the actually character changes for Scorpion.

Also I think the last change meant that you can no longer pass through the opponent in the corner when you hit them with teleport.

I'd love it if my J3 didn't completely whiff through people. It's always fun when I get punished for reading a jump in correctly...

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
I'd love it if my J3 didn't completely whiff through people. It's always fun when I get punished for reading a jump in correctly...
I use J1 in most situations it's active longer, can crossover, and you can combo alot more off of it then you can J3. It's overall more reliable then J3 with the exception that it's -7 on block.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
still pisses me off cuz they don't give his J3 hitbox back. Damage buff and 2U3 fix sound very good, but now i think i have to use him more careful and use more mind game.
IMO he doesn't need it. Don't get me wrong now, he could use it, but his J3 as it is now is decent enough. Scorpion just needed his damage back; I could only laugh when I played as him and went against superman players.

Me playing as Scorpion using 3 bars for 3 resets for 60% damage, giving Supes 2 bars in the process, then getting touched once by Superman and taking 70% for his 1 bar combos. LOL! Scorpion was made into a joke character the last go round, for the purpose of trolling people online. Now he may truly be viable again.

I use J1 in most situations it's active longer, can crossover, and you can combo alot more off of it then you can J3. It's overall more reliable then J3 with the exception that it's -7 on block.

Still, When J3 hits *which is most of the time* It does more damage and can lead into vortex or full combo air to air, or on the ground. It's just annoying when It whiffs because I lose out on ~25% not counting the vortex.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Something that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes is that Scorpion's j3 the sword now has a hitbox activates sooner. Meaning it will hit over the top of his head better and not pass through opponent's nearly as much. Still is the same on the way down though, so don't get your hopes up. ;)

Something that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes is that Scorpion's j3 the sword now has a hitbox activates sooner. Meaning it will hit over the top of his head better and not pass through opponent's nearly as much. Still is the same on the way down though, so don't get your hopes up. ;)
Well shit, I guess I can keep playing Scorpion then. The J3 whiffs were getting to me and it was always on the way up too...