What's new

Rumor: Videogamer says, "Predator coming to MKX in June"

trufenix

bye felicia
If I remember correctly. Soul Calibur 2 had Xbox: Spawn PS2: Heihachi Gamecube: Link. Also Soul Calibur 4 PS3: Darth Vader and Xbox 360: Yoda. So I imagine it isn't unheard of. But I see your point.
None of that is the same. In SC2, each of the chars was a console exclusive (it was before Tekken was multiplatform). Spawn was chosen because Microsoft had no workable characters and Namco had a deal with McFarlane, which is how the other bonus character (Necrid) wound up on all systems. SC4 didn't even have exclusives, The Apprentice shipped on both and the Yoda / Vader split was just a dlc scam.

He's DLC, all DLC characters are broken.
Beware the great and glorious day 1 lobo!

"Carl Weathers, the actor who played Dillon, has allegedly offered his likeness for use in the game, too."
Anyways this seems like absolute bull. I suppose it could be true, but there's almost 0 reason for anyone to even bother. I don't see why MK would want to spend the time, effort, or money to even get his permission and model him. I'll admit it'd be cool, but I don't think nearly enough people in their target market would give a damn.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Dillon will be top tier broken, i see this,,,
He should be...he should be so overpowered and broken that when he is played at a tournament he glitches into other games and beats the shit out of people...he should be so broken that when you play someone online with him Carl Weathers shows up at their house and pimp slaps the shit out of them and leaves with their mom...

He should be...he should be so overpowered and broken that when he is played at a tournament he glitches into other games and beats the shit out of people...he should be so broken that when you play someone online with him Carl Weathers shows up at their house and pimp slaps the shit out of them and leaves with their mom...
Your momality confirmed?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm calling an early April Fool's joke here....

"our sources...."

Really?
That website is more credible than to post something like this with absolutely zero ground to stand on.

Spawn was a legitimite accidental hint by Todd, this Predator nonsense is just bullshit.

Last edited:

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
People have been calling this since Freddy was released in MK9.

Not being sarcastic, it's genuinely weird to read this news.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
To be honest i think this is just made up so far because they just say its going to happen because of their "source".
But if really true i would totally main Carl Weathers the biggest son of a b**** in the MK universe!

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
We can't be certain if he is system exclusive. So he maybe on PS4 and not Xbox One. If that ends up being the case he won't be viable in tournament. But if he ends up on all platforms then he "should" be good to go!
But didn't they say there aren't gonna be any exclusive dlc characters? Or am I just thinking of something else

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
But didn't they say there aren't gonna be any exclusive dlc characters? Or am I just thinking of something else
They said that. But they also said there would be more "new" characters in MKX then old. We have way more old characters then new. So it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't keep their word.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Okay now this is awesome. Always wanted to play as him in a fighter.
Indeed, can you imagine his 3 variations?

1-Hunter(cloaking, bio mask, net launcher, plasma canon, smart discs) Things that stick out, weapons shown on him more plasma canon, discs, spears and glowing arm bomb with red dot thingy. More updated like from the two AVP movies and Predators. Can be for zoning and being sneaky can go invisible/cloaking. No arm claw here.

2-Warrior(no mask, mostly melee less weapons more hand to hand aka rush down style with Duel arm Gauntlets/claws and Combi-Stick) Things that stick out, NO mask, perhaps skulls around his neck, bone or something more tribal looking. This is more up close and personal style, rush down like end of Predator 1.

3-Predator or Yautja(Claw, Mask, Glaive & wrist gauntlet/heal kit move only here..) (would work like a taunt but heal himself slightly) Make him look like Predator 1 Predator with the Mask, that net on the body style. Little of both mixed styles of the first two, not quite zoning but not completely weaponless either. Here he has the claw or duel claws, mask perhaps more armor on him for this style.

That would be my pitch or something similar.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol ... crappy bullshit rumour .... anyone can take this kind of gossip seriously ? besides, Predator IP belongs to FOX, no way in hell they could let a WB company use their character.

MKF30

lol ... crappy bullshit rumour .... anyone can take this kind of gossip seriously ? besides, Predator IP belongs to FOX, no way in hell they could let a WB company use their character.
lol Marvel said the same thing til they caved to publicity and movie exposure with Xmen and Spiderman initially lol.

You'd be surprised what money can do, Predator hasn't exactly been in the spotlight lately. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox said "oh shit want him in MK? Such and such money, done" lol

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol Marvel said the same thing til they caved to publicity and movie exposure with Xmen and Spiderman initially lol.

You'd be surprised what money can do, Predator hasn't exactly been in the spotlight lately. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox said "oh shit want him in MK? Such and such money, done" lol
only way it's if both companies can foresse a huge amount of money in this idea, so, they could reach a deal .... otherwise, nope .... :p

MKF30

only way it's if both companies can foresse a huge amount of money in this idea, so, they could reach a deal .... otherwise, nope .... :p
I think it would be mutually beneficial, NRS gets a badass guest character and Fox gets money and free publicity for one of their iconic guys lol. Lets hope! I'm sure you'd love it given your name.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I hope Colonel Dillon's fatality is making out with Liza Minnelli and making you watch.