What's new

RM Honey Bee (D'Vorah/Venomous/Swarm Queen) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Toryuken 4 2015!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Always enjoyed Toryuken tournaments, and this one was no exception. Congrats to everybody who went; this was an unpredictable bracket and it would've been hard to call a winner the whole way through.

Props and congrats to HoneyBee (on his first major win!), and looking forward to seeing more and more of Canada this year.

Also glad we can now add this INJUSTCE/MK9 gap to #MYTHBUSTERS

Last edited:

C9-Keiji

Noob
Reo only lost to Dvorah this entire tourney makes me wonder if he just never got any good Dvorah match up experience before this tourney. Congrats to honeybee, people purposely blowing other people up on this thread are hella immature. I thought ppjs play wasn't even that good through pools and top 16 but congrats on 2nd place. Was fun to watch but plz next time can we get some non biased commentary pools were absolutely ass with commentary besides dartharma he was our savior.

Scrotie79

Wannabe Pro Jobber
First of all I'd like to say, the pools were very hard to predict and the top 8 was no different. Fantastic matches everyone and congratulations to Honeybee!

Monox1de

Noob
Reo only lost to Dvorah this entire tourney makes me wonder if he just never got any good Dvorah match up experience before this tourney. Congrats to honeybee, people purposely blowing other people up on this thread are hella immature. I thought ppjs play wasn't even that good through pools and top 16 but congrats on 2nd place.
SHAWTS FIRED

Shady

Noob
Reo only lost to Dvorah this entire tourney makes me wonder if he just never got any good Dvorah match up experience before this tourney. Congrats to honeybee, people purposely blowing other people up on this thread are hella immature. I thought ppjs play wasn't even that good through pools and top 16 but congrats on 2nd place. Was fun to watch but plz next time can we get some non biased commentary pools were absolutely ass with commentary besides dartharma he was our savior.
I asked Reo and others to go on commentary, but people didn't want to even when they weren't playing.

dittO

Noob
It's funny how some people still compare mkx with igau.
In igau there may were some characters relying on "safe" 50/50s, but at the VERY least there were more defensive options than mkx. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, just saying it is different.

Congrats to both D'vorah reps, because not only they became more well known through igau but they are using a character more "mk9-ish oriented". Meaning more ground pressure, less dependant on 50/50s.

Death

Noob
Shout out to @Death for attempting to break my xray record lol, smh did u not learn from my past mistake? :( all in all good representation, let this be a lesson from me and death to the rest of the Sonya community, if u wanna win a tournament with Mrs.Blade, save ur damn meter! Otherwise you will forever place 3rd lol
ugh dont remind me lol. neways come online tonight. Need to train more

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Well.

Hmm.

@Zyphox I was right in that other thread. Props to Crimson for finding the evidence though.

This will be a long post:

Congrats to @HoneyBee and @GGA pimpimjim for repping Dvorah and getting her to both GF spots. That was awesome. Wish Honeybee would have won it with venomous but that didnt look like a good MU(characters have bad MUs against their own variations, now that is crazy). Really impressed with both of your Swarm Queens, and saw a lot of shit that I can add into my play from both players.

Congrats to @R.E.O. for showing Kung Jin is still very viable and very good.

Congrats to @Death for taking 3rd with Sonya, thats two big tournaments in a row where Sonya takes third...wouldn't be surprised if she ends up winning one down the road.

Congrats to @GGA Jeremiah and @Jer for showing Cassie Cage is still very very good.

Congrats to Gunshow for showing those swag gun cancels

Congrats to Justin Wong for making yet another top 8.

This tournament was hype as hell and I cant en imagine what Combo Breaker is going to be like. Good Shit Everyone.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I personally had no doubt top Injustice player would do well in MKX. What I want to know, is aside from Jwong and ChrisG (they don't count imo, they play everything and both played MK9), where's all the top Capcom and Anime players at?

Regardless, congrats to @HoneyBee for taking it down. I kinda figured once you beat REO the first time that you'd do really well, didn't catch top 8 but it seems you were consistent which is awesome.