What's new

RM Honey Bee (D'Vorah/Venomous/Swarm Queen) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Toryuken 4 2015!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Okay so now that im settled back in Montreal ill do a couple shoutouts.

Firstly I wanna say thank you to every single person that congratulated me on getting top 8 at this tournament. It really means a lot to me, especially since I haven't competing since ECT 2013 for Injustice, and this proved to me that I can still compete at a high level.

@NeoRussell Great event as usual. You're one of the best TO's and I'll always come out to events you hold. GG's as usual, I guess you'll have to start dodging me in tournaments again ;)

@N1k0lasss GG dude. You were the name in my pool that I was looking out for and I'm glad we got to play. I rewatched our match and I like to think that it was as hype for everyone as it was for us. Your Ermac is sick, but I know how you feel about the character. GG in the team tournament (I've literally never seen that Raiden stuff before)

@xSMoKEx So after a couple years we finally get to play each other in tournament and holy crap that set was fun. Even though Shinnok is possibly a shitter, yours is amazing. I can't wait to get the game on PC and train with you.

@HoneyBee GG's man, you've leveled up a lot since we last played. Big congrats on winning the tournament, you played amazing and deserved it. Next time were together, we need to run some long sets so I can understand how to fight against D'vorah.

@GGA pimpimjim You're my tournament master. I've never beaten you tournament before, and hopefully some day that'll change. Your D'vorah is great. Insane conversions to big damage. I'll definitely remember our set. (I'll also make @hayatei good for you ;) )

@GGA Jeremiah My 5th brother. You played great this weekend, but sucks neither of us could get past 5th place. I know youll do great at Combo breaker dude :)

@GGA Wafflez Great seeing you after 3 years. Loved watching your Jax and hanging out with you. Next time I wanna get some games in.

@ Everyone else (im at work so I cant actually write something as long as I wanted) GG's to all the people I got to play with, and everyone new I met and talked to this past weekend. I'll be at ECT so please come get games with me, I want to learn and play literally as much as humanly possible

I understand how finding and sharing tech may be a foreign concept to people.

Is there anything anyone is allowed to say where "LOL SALT!" isn't a response?
Except both instances of "here's how to beat my character" video posting were in direct response to or anticipation of just that. During injustice I didn't see anyone having to post this kind of stuff just to prevent either a) you only won cause X character type responses or b) stop the nerf train before it starts. I didn't see Jupiter posting anti-martian tech or Fox posting a ton of anti-batgirl tech and NO ONE should feel like they have to.

I'm not laughing at Honeybee, I'm laughing at EVERYONE ELSE. I think it's hilarious that it's come to posting tech against your own character lest you be Sonic Foxed into oblivion.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Except both instances of "here's how to beat my character" video posting were in direct response to or anticipation of just that. During injustice I didn't see anyone having to post this kind of stuff just to prevent either a) you only won cause X character type responses or b) stop the nerf train before it starts. I didn't see Jupiter posting anti-martian tech or Fox posting a ton of anti-batgirl tech and NO ONE should feel like they have to.

I'm not laughing at Honeybee, I'm laughing at EVERYONE ELSE. I think it's hilarious that it's come to posting tech against your own character lest you be Sonic Foxed into oblivion.
Or you know, maybe some people like helping out others even if that means exposing their characters weaknesses(which people would figure out eventually anyway)

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Or you know, maybe some people like helping out others even if that means exposing their characters weaknesses(which people would figure out eventually anyway)
This ^

If you're playing a character you are going to be much more well-educated in regards to their strengths and weaknesses. People who do not main/play the character are going to be less knowledgeable, and even more so if they do not actively play against the character. Spreading info like this is good, it helps level up the community and accelerates the games growth.

"Gimmicks" such as negative cancels (which people generally assume are plus and eat) and normally overwhelming strings which can armoured (ex. Cassie B124) will be dealt with sooner and we can move on to breaking down the game at a deeper level. It's not about the individual being some sort of downplayer, it's about teaching others about the reality of the match-up.