What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Return Of The Druken Fist: The Official Bo' Rai Cho PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Wait a second. You guys are given the ability to fart on your opponent and your first thought was can I cancel it and not fart on them. What the hell is wrong with you guys.
We're proud NRS supporters who have learned that actually using a move you could otherwise cancel basically means you fucked up.

Drunken boxing is just awesome though.

Except we probably aren't getting one...

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
I hated the fact that BRC was back. Never liked him. However, if there are fart cancels.... ill main him.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I'm liking this thread. Let me share some of my Bo Rai Cho ideas that I hope make it into the game.

BRC should have Staff variation, a Turnt variation, and a Nasty variation.

The Staff variation would obviously consist of ranged normals with the staff and fight similar to Dragon Naginata.

The Turnt variation he would drink alcohol to power up, maybe there could be 3 different drinks that could power you up differently. One power up would consist of bigger damage, one would increase his walk/run/dash speed, and one could increase his health and/or make him take less damage while it is active. Also you could keep drinking more and more to stack the powerup, maybe a total of 3-4 levels. But the more you drink the more sloppy BRC's stance animation gets and for each level of drunk you reach the harder execution his combos become. But the power up stack from each level is significantly greater. You could also get crossfaded by drinking different drinks, you dont have to drink the same powerup every level. After the power up is over, you would be on a cooldown mode called "hungover." While hungover you can't run or backdash, and your damage output is alot lower. The higher level of drunk you were, the longer you will be in "hangover" mode after the powerup goes away. Maybe the highest level of drunk would be called "wasted" and after your powerup from wasted goes away you are on hangover mode for the rest of the match. But wasted has really heavy execution and can get 60-70% combos, so it would only be used in desperate situations. Imagine the hype of when a BRC player gets wasted in tournament, they better win the match right there or the hangover is gonna be a bitch. It would be great if he had a command grab where he gets his opponent in a chokehold and forces alcohol down their throat, making there inputs reverse and the screen get blurry for 7 seconds (similar to Jason red screen.)

The Nasty variation is where he can have fart cancels and/or puke cancels. Imagine BRC doing a string on block and canceling it into a puke, he bends over to puke but then he actually swallows and cancels the puke to be at frame advantage and stands up to continue his offense lol. Maybe he could put puke on the floor that goes away in a couple seconds but if the opponent steps in it they trip and fall into a hard knockdown and lose some damage. He should also be able to set fart clouds out on the screen where if your opponent walks into it they start coughing and are vulnerable, and BRC can approach to start a combo. Only one or two fart clouds allowed on the screen at a time, but your opponent can destroy the fart cloud with any projectile or long ranged normal. So BRC would be able to puke on the floor, set a fart cloud behind the puke, then zone behind the puke by throwing beer bottles at you. He could have a very great anti air by laying on the floor and if the opponent jumps at him they bounce of his stomach, afterwards getting juggled for a combo but it's really bad on whiff. I believe @General M2Dave would main this variation.

This would be my favorite character of all time, pls @colt :p

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
maybe a total of 3-4 levels. But the more you drink the more sloppy BRC's stance animation gets and for each level of drunk you reach the harder execution his combos become
What do you mean by harder to execute?

My inital idea when you said that was to play like a roulette game if you're willing to risk it lol:
1 Drink = Double Damage output BUT 1/4 chance of your input not coming out in a combo
2 Drinks = Triple Damage output BUT 1/3 chance of your input not coming out in a combo
3 Drinks = Quadruple Damage output BUT 1/2 chance of your input not coming out in a combo

By input, I mean like a whole string is an input, a special move is an input etc. So if you don't get your special cancel you have to react and try again to continue the combo when you're buffed up. Nobody would play it in tourney but hell yeah it'd be in casuals AAALL the time lol.

ForeverKing

What do you mean by harder to execute?

My inital idea when you said that was to play like a roulette game if you're willing to risk it lol:
1 Drink = Double Damage output BUT 1/4 chance of your input not coming out in a combo
2 Drinks = Triple Damage output BUT 1/3 chance of your input not coming out in a combo
3 Drinks = Quadruple Damage output BUT 1/2 chance of your input not coming out in a combo

By input, I mean like a whole string is an input, a special move is an input etc. So if you don't get your special cancel you have to react and try again to continue the combo when you're buffed up. Nobody would play it in tourney but hell yeah it'd be in casuals AAALL the time lol.
What I mean by harder execution is that certain combos might be a 4 frame link sober, after 1 drink a 3 frame link, after 2 drinks a 2 frame link, after 3 drinks a 1 frame link, etc.

Skedar70

Noob
Ok Bo Rai Cho variations are as follows:

Sober: The cane variation where he hits you with it.
Drunk: The variation where he gets damage buffs and crazy moves when you sip from his canteen
Hunghover: This is the variation where he gets barfs and fart cancels.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Boggles my mind that someone can hate on Leatherface while liking this fat loser :confused:
leatherface is a bad guest in a game with 3 other guests, I'd trade him with fucking Hsu Hao at this point, and he's my personal pick as the worst MK character.

plus bo rai cho is awsome.

ForeverKing

Ok Bo Rai Cho variations are as follows:

Sober: The cane variation where he hits you with it.
Drunk: The variation where he gets damage buffs and crazy moves when you sip from his canteen
Hunghover: This is the variation where he gets barfs and fart cancels.
Basically a simple explanation of mine

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
@ay

That would be my fave haha
imo BRC's drunken fist variation should consist of 50/50s that are so hard to react to that you, as the opponent, feel like you are shitfaced when you are trying to fight him. He should be the absolute king of 50/50s in that variation. E.g., an overhead animation that always looks like an overhead but hits low half the time, or a "spins" animation where you feel like you have the spins when seeing him attack and can't quite see whether it is a high or a low.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
leatherface is a bad guest in a game with 3 other guests, I'd trade him with fucking Hsu Hao at this point, and he's my personal pick as the worst MK character.

plus bo rai cho is awsome.
I don't agree at all, i think he is awesome, although out of all characters i would most rather have Spawn.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I kinda want Bo to have a level up fart system kinda like Sun God Kotal's throw and the max level be this super damaging, unblockable move. I'd find that funny.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS

What about drowning in wine?

My guess is what he does next is, Bo smashes the wine pottery on his head, spilling some wine tracking all the way to the floor, grabs and lights a torch (like in Deception), then throws the lit torch where the wine was spilled and it lights up the opponent outside and inside.... Leaving a charred skeleton behind.

Lokheit

Noob
Yeah, a very long time ago I posted a possible BRC fatality idea to explain how he could be serious instead of only comical, I'm not sure if it was here or in MKOnline, that I think it's exactly what his first fatality is going to be, forcing the opponent to swallow a lot of alcohol then making him burn from the inside.

Not claiming anything, just "great minds think alike" kind of thing.

He could still do something goofy for the second one though given how we got the awesome selfie and "here is Johnny" fatalities...

Status
Not open for further replies.