What's new

General/Other - Reptile REPTILE PATCH 8-31-2015 DISCUSSION

If you do 3,4xxEx dd3xx walk forward a second then b1,d4xxffb you can 23,f412 and depending on how long you wait your dash will end up on either side of them without them knowing. Their wake ups would be a shot in the dark

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Deceptive and Nimble I think will be the two best now. Deceptive's pressure game is probably the best of his variations and EX stealth being so fast has a lot of gap punish potential.

THTB

Can someone test out the anti airs in the new patch? See if we can AA jab stuff like Sub jump ins now.

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Can someone test out the anti airs in the new patch? See if we can AA jab stuff like Sub jump ins now.
Standing 2 seems maybe a bit more consistent. But I'd have to try and do it during a real match. Sub still beats it out sometimes in training mode.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Here we go again :

45% corner slide combo with reptile (2 bars)

f4 (ex) slide f412 (ex) ffb uppercut f412 slide

huh

Noob
Hey Guys, I'm currently wearing a cast on my broken hand and cannot test it. Would you mind to test some ideas?

1) Klaw Pounce as an approach

with -7 on block now, the pounce can only be punished by characters with 6 frame punishers. Cassie, Jacqui (now with s1), Reptile, and some pokes. That means there is a portion of the cast that Pounce is safe against. So, using far pounce to advance against zoners should be safe on several MU's, also could be useful to close the gap against runaway characters or players. So, could someone lab this:

Far pounce against the likes of Kitana and Kenshi. Does Reptile get hit by fans or other zoning tool while in the air or there is a timing you can pass them and catch the opponent on recovery or even after, blocking? Or Kitana mid air?

2) Far pounce with forceball on screen.

With a safe pounce and less recovery on forceball, can we put out a forceball on screen and then pounce over it to approach? For example: ending combos with combo~f412~sfb and then far pounce. They will block it but at -7 and a forceball coming from behind, depending on how far/close the forceball is, we could be able to still safely pressure after being blocked. Could someone explore it as an ender of different combos and using sfb, ex sfb, ffb, etc.. to see if there is any situation when we can indeed approach and continue pressure this way?

Kind of what we used to do with elbow dash and sfb in MK9

3) Pounce to force opponents to stay in the corner

Can we do the same as above (2), putting a forceball on screen, klaw pounce over it to opponent's block, and then stop the ball? The goal here is to force opponents to stay there while we put the forceball near them and stop it. The pounce would force them to hold block or be hit trying to move forward/jump. If we knocked them to the corner before the forceball, stopping the ball in front of them would act as Subzero's clone. Can anyone test if that works? Don't know if the forceball lasts long enough for it or if pounce really catches them if trying to jump out.

I'm intrigued with pounce, since it seems to be very useful now and opens up new meta possibilities for Reptile.

Last edited:

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
How do the buffs feel? Is there a noticeable difference with the fbs?
Extremely noticeable. Its amazing how just 4 frames of recovery changed this character. He can now end combos into forceball without having to worry about being punished. IE You can do f412 dash 21 f412 slowball and its now safe and you can also now stop the slow ball right in front of you, so jumping is no longer an option if thats the read you make. Kung Jin used to be able to wake up jump in divekick and punish you if you did this, he no longer can. You can also end combos with klaw and get a forceball on screen safely as well.

Also being able to combo dash into forceball is going to be absurd. Putting a slowball on the screen and dashing forward is actually viable now due to just 4 frames of less recovery. Makes dash safe on block and now has combo potential . This character is perfect.

THTB

Extremely noticeable. Its amazing how just 4 frames of recovery changed this character. He can now end combos into forceball without having to worry about being punished. IE You can do f412 dash 21 f412 slowball and its now safe and you can also now stop the slow ball right in front of you, so jumping is no longer an option if thats the read you make. Kung Jin used to be able to wake up jump in divekick and punish you if you did this, he no longer can. You can also end combos with klaw and get a forceball on screen safely as well.

Also being able to combo dash into forceball is going to be absurd. Putting a slowball on the screen and dashing forward is actually viable now due to just 4 frames of less recovery. Makes dash safe on block and now has combo potential . This character is perfect.
Sub was punishing this ender, from my testing...but that's cuz Sub is a jackass. It's great vs everyone else though.

Edit: didn't see it was ex slow ball that worked. In there!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Sub was punishing this ender, from my testing...but that's cuz Sub is a jackass. It's great vs everyone else though.

Edit: didn't see it was ex slow ball that worked. In there!
Ex slide might be able to punish it but I'm pretty sure regular slide can't.