What's new

General/Other - Reptile REPTILE PATCH 8-31-2015 DISCUSSION

JDM

Noob
Yeah Deceptive will probably be his best variation now which is GREAT cause it was my secondary after Nimble. Never was a fan of noxious BUTTTTT the acid puddle buff could be huge to it. Looks like Nimble is arguably the worst now though I'll likely stick with it.

These buffs look like they will help a lot, I'm glad.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah Deceptive will probably be his best variation now which is GREAT cause it was my secondary after Nimble. Never was a fan of noxious BUTTTTT the acid puddle buff could be huge to it. Looks like Nimble is arguably the worst now though I'll likely stick with it.

These buffs look like they will help a lot, I'm glad.
Which move is acid puddle?

trufenix

bye felicia
Forceball was already out im assuming? Shit I might pick up reptile now.
I rewatched, I was wrong. The EX invis isn't cancellable, it just recovers super fast. He did b+1,4 (I think?), xx Ex Inv, uppercut and it comboed. I couldn't tell the rest of the things they tried cause he was invisible.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I rewatched, I was wrong. The EX invis isn't cancellable, it just recovers super fast. He did b+1,4 (I think?), xx Ex Inv, uppercut and it comboed. I couldn't tell the rest of the things they tried cause he was invisible.
Either way that EX invis confirms sound cool. Is he safe on block?

Thanks to everyone answering my questions. It seems reptile got everything I seen the mains ask for plus a bit more!!!!

trufenix

bye felicia
we dont know yet but its possible he could be + on block if it's as fast as they say

EXCITED :#
If its down 11 frames, that still puts him about 30 or so in the hole, so depending on you lead into it with, I doubt it. But, it means naked invis is definitely a thing from full screen like nimble.

Zaccel

Noob
Depending on the frames, things like F41 xx EX Invis, B3 xx EX Invis, B14 xx EX Invis can be some really broken stuff.

Like Imagine: F412 xx EX Invis loops mixed in with throw and 50/50s

It's like MK9 online Reptile @Temjiin
Just the thought of those makes my Reptile boner hard enough to crack diamonds.

huh

Noob
What is "trigger auto block"
Autoblock means some moves, even with frames cancels and advantages theoretically allowing to continue combo, are blocked by the opponent regardless

That's what happened in deceptive and nimble after 34, for instance. In theory you had enough frame cancel advantage on hit to cancel 34 into ex-invis or ex nimble and continue the combo with f412 (as we can do with 34~noxious~f412). But it was not allowed before.

Now, it's auto-blocked just in nimble (except when you juggle, like in f412~ex nimble, when obviously the opponent can't block).

In deceptive you can now use invisibility mid combos. Even more now that it has also less recovery frames. Curious to find out the several uses you can come up with this.

Last edited:

huh

Noob
Like fuck who needs option selects when you can hit-confirm everything to Swipe jesus this is my wish come true
Yeah!!

of course, unless for 5f punishers. But that is really KL and Cassie only, with just frame reaction times. Other punishers as slides are not full combo punishes. So, again, YEAHH!

huh

Noob
  • Reptile - Towards+BP is now +1 on hit (up from -8)
  • Reptile - Acid Spit no longer triggers auto block and had its damage increased by 3
  • Reptile - Changed the Floating Ball motion to Down,Down,BLK
  • Reptile - Removed 4 recovery frames from Forceball & Slimeball
  • Reptile - Slightly loftier reaction on Slippery Slide
  • Reptile - Removed 4 recovery frames from Acid Puddle
  • Reptile - Klaw Swipe is now -6 on block (up from -11)
  • Reptile - Klaw Slash is now -15 on block (down from -10)
  • Reptile - Klaw Pounce is now -7 on block (up from -17)
  • Reptile - Klaw Bounce is now -20 on block (down from -17)
  • Reptile - Reptilian Dash is no longer a hard knockdown and had its reaction adjusted
  • Reptile (Deceptive) - Activating stealth no longer triggers auto block on the opponent allow to continue some combos
Reptile Footage Starts at 51:24.
http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/v/13785440

We made it
Just missing one:
  • Reptile (Deceptive) – Reduced the recovery of stealth ex by 11 frames

huh

Noob
No such thing as 5f punishes. Only very few characters have 6f punishes that's Reptile, Cassie and I think Jax
I must be crazy. I was sure Cassie back cartwheel was 5f. Perhaps thinking on the numbers before they added 1 frame on the movelist values. Jax, which move? Dash punch?
Sorry, I'm away from my PS4 and cannot check.

Wow, so it is even better!! And, everything I was thinking about swipe now can be applied to pounce for an almost safe overhead special!

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I must be crazy. I was sure Cassie back cartwheel was 5f. Perhaps thinking on the numbers before they added 1 frame on the movelist values. Jax, which move? Dash punch?
Sorry, I'm away from my PS4 and cannot check.

Wow, so it is even better!! And, everything I was thinking about swipe now can be applied to pounce for an almost safe overhead special!
Not 100% but I think that Gotcha Grab is 6f or EX is

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
And to those who said Forceball didn't need a buff, you may now go drink bleach; hope it makes your stomach feel better.

To those who backed the fb buff. You're welcome. I spoke with Paulo extensively at Evo about it.
Well damn. >_>

It's not a very large improvement...4 frames. Very welcome, though.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
B1D4~FFB, njp, 21, F412~ExSpit is safe against Sub Zero's slide

edit: looks height dependent

Last edited: